Dynatrac ProGRIP brake install/review

DGP

I've been running mine for 3 weeks now and they are great. The next step would be for dynatrac to come up with a stage 2 kit that would replace the stock calipers with some 2 piston calipers. That would be sweet!

WJCO

Meme King
Question regarding front ProGrips

Hoping someone with Progrips can confirm something for me. It looks like on the fronts, the caliper piston boot is hitting the ProGrip bracket. Obviously I haven't extended the piston yet as my axle isn't installed yet, but either way it will be very close. Also it looks like the piston hangs over the pads a little on another portion of the piston. I'm sure it's normal as everything fits well, just want to make sure. Here's some pics.

IMG_20161210_202307_690.jpg

IMG_20161210_202447_574.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I know my OEM caliper hangs slightly over the pad. Obviously haven't received my ProGrips yet to help you with this tho. Sorry

WJCO

Meme King
I know my OEM caliper hangs slightly over the pad. Obviously haven't received my ProGrips yet to help you with this tho. Sorry

That's what mine look like after 20,000 miles
Hangs over a little

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you both. I figured it was ok. 2cross, your pic looks just like mine near the inner part. The piston boot has about 1/8" hanging over the bracket. And looking at your pic with the piston extended, that part of the boot that hangs over doesn't move anyway so we're good :thumb:

IMG_20161210_211459_556.jpg

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
My pistons do hang over the rotors a significant amount. Actually it's a surprising amount. But they work damn good so guess it doesn't matter...

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jkratt

Glad you won and shared the install with us. Class act.
This upgrade is on my list come brake time.

test drive: the brakes perform fantastically!! i almost have to get re-used to driving with them. the amount of pedal pressure required to stop the truck is quite a bit less than before, especially when initially applying the brake. the rear rotor/bracket setup really makes a difference when stopping. when u first start braking, u feel the back of the truck almost "squat", vs a feeling of "picking up" or " lightness" in the back before. i had replaced my front brakes and rotors recently, and the Dynatrac PROGRIP setup blows the stock parts clear out of the water! I'm really, really happy that i won this kit, and it is defiantly worth the money for the kit. i will be recommending it to anyone looking for a brake upgrade for stock axles.

i would also like to thank WAYALIFE, eddie, and DYNATRAC for this awesome prize!!! thank u very much!!!:beer::beer::beer:[/QUOTE]

Congrats on winning your new brakes! We're happy but unsurprised (wink-wink) that you love them so much and see such a noticeable difference. Just curious, what wheels and tires are you running?

Good stuff! Question dynatrac, do the progrips come with your PR60s?

The ProRock60 comes with upgraded brakes, yes, and we also offer brake upgrades from there if you find yourself needing even more stopping power.

•5x5.5” Dual Piston 13.25” Vented Rotor “Big Disc” Brake upgrade - *Min. 17” wheel required
•5x5.5” Wilwood 6 Piston 14” Rotor Disc Brake Pkg. - *Min. 17” wheel required
•8x6.5” Dual Piston, 13.10” Vented Rotor “Big Disc” Brake Upgrade - *Min. 16” wheel required
•8x6.5” Dual Piston, 14.50” Vented Rotor “Big Disc” Brake Upgrade - *Min. 17” wheel required

The ProRock60 comes with upgraded brakes, yes, and we also offer brake upgrades from there if you find yourself needing even more stopping power.

•5x5.5” Dual Piston 13.25” Vented Rotor “Big Disc” Brake upgrade - *Min. 17” wheel required
•5x5.5” Wilwood 6 Piston 14” Rotor Disc Brake Pkg. - *Min. 17” wheel required
•8x6.5” Dual Piston, 13.10” Vented Rotor “Big Disc” Brake Upgrade - *Min. 16” wheel required
•8x6.5” Dual Piston, 14.50” Vented Rotor “Big Disc” Brake Upgrade - *Min. 17” wheel required

Great thanks for the quick response!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just bumping this back to the top.

After a week I must say these are the best brakes I think I have ever used on a Jeep or truck (outside of a sports car). Over the past week the brakes have only gotten stronger as they brake in!! Also the jeep stays extremely flat as I brake where as on the stock pads and upgraded pads I used before knuckle nose dived heavily!

It's amazing what just bigger rotors and pads can do with the stock calipers and master cylinder [emoji6]

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Just bumping this back to the top.

After a week I must say these are the best brakes I think I have ever used on a Jeep or truck (outside of a sports car). Over the past week the brakes have only gotten stronger as they brake in!! Also the jeep stays extremely flat as I brake where as on the stock pads and upgraded pads I used before knuckle nose dived heavily!

It's amazing what just bigger rotors and pads can do with the stock calipers and master cylinder [emoji6]

Sweet! I've still got about 2500 miles left in the stock pads... but after that, I cant wait to be stopping like that! :yup: :thumb:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Sweet! I've still got about 2500 miles left in the stock pads... but after that, I cant wait to be stopping like that! :yup: :thumb:

Who cares about pad life? I'm swapping mine out that have 15,000 miles on them. I want the extra stopping, which is vital with the crap drivers were have around here. About once a week I see someone blow through a red light and the traffic jams in the DC metro area are legendary.

Top Bottom