Dynatrac ProGRIP brake install/review

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Who cares about pad life? I'm swapping mine out that have 15,000 miles on them. I want the extra stopping, which is vital with the crap drivers were have around here. About once a week I see someone blow through a red light and the traffic jams in the DC metro area are legendary.

:hmm: I guess I'm interested in getting the most from what I already paid for... being that I said what I said in reply to Cozdude's insight on the performance of the system, with a quote... and did not quote you, who just ordered them today and have no clue as to how they perform but good for you... :idontknow:

Enjoy your new Brakes? :beer:

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
:hmm: I guess I'm interested in getting the most from what I already paid for... being that I said what I said in reply to Cozdude's insight on the performance of the system, with a quote... and did not quote you, who just ordered them today and have no clue as to how they perform but good for you... :idontknow:

Enjoy your new Brakes? :beer:

Well just so you know, I replaced my pads and rotors I had installed and they had a shit ton of life left in them but the braking performance was so poor looking back on it that I'm glad I didn't wait another min

WJCO

Meme King
WJ brakes swapped to other Jeeps have been fairly popular over the years because WJs are heavy and their brakes work fairly well. With that being said, I can honestly say that putting the ProGrips on my WJ is a noticeable improvement over even the stock WJ brakes, including the addition of the extra weight of the new ProRock axle underneath.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Well just so you know, I replaced my pads and rotors I had installed and they had a shit ton of life left in them but the braking performance was so poor looking back on it that I'm glad I didn't wait another min

lol

I couldn't care less what/when ANYONE does anything, I only worry about me and mine. Every time someone posts up a real world performance review, I get hyped up about it... I don't give a shit when you felt it was right for you to upgrade, why would I? I simply mentioned that "I feel like it will be right for me to make this upgrade at this defined point in time, which is soon..." and now here we are talking about brake pad life. :thinking:

maybe its just my last day at work until after the new year, or the 3 hrs of sleep I got last night, but I dont feel like I should have to explain this concept at all... :cheesy: :crazyeyes:

Last edited:

Trail JK

I'm guilty of not reading through this entire thread but I can say that the Dynatrac ProGRIP have been one of our favorite upgrades. There is an immediate and noticeable difference from the stock braking power to the stopping power that you get from the Progrips. Hands down I would recommend this upgrade at any time. Awesome product!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

srosario

i just installed the powerstop complete set, last week, and i want to order the progrips already, i should have not been cheap, now where is the new year sale.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
i just installed the powerstop complete set, last week, and i want to order the progrips already, i should have not been cheap, now where is the new year sale.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

What's wrong with the powerstop? I was looking at those for my wj rear axle but still have more research to do. Their prices didn't seem that cheap. Are you having issues with them?

Rottenbelly

What's wrong with the powerstop? I was looking at those for my wj rear axle but still have more research to do. Their prices didn't seem that cheap. Are you having issues with them?

I ran the powerstop kit on my first jeep before any other braking options where available. Got a fairly good price thru rockauto. I did notice some braking improvement with the 37s on it.
Never had any problems out of them
Now that there are better options i will be running the progrips when the time comes.

srosario

no problem, but not an improvement, i got a good sale for $284 all around.but ill upgrade to the progrips soon

jjdias

I just got a set of the ProGrip brakes looking forward to having good brakes. Now I just need to pick out a wheel that I like with the proper backspacing.

KYRubi

Thanks for the info. This, along with Eddie's video made my choice very easy. My set was delivered today and will be installed next week. :thumb:

I just installed the kit but haven't driven it yet. I noticed the brake pads now have a break-in dark red coating on them which was absent in an earlier kit I helped install. Is there anything special for the first few miles that should be done with these metallic pads? Perhaps a few hard stops from high speeds or anything similar to season them?

scull20

I just installed the kit but haven't driven it yet. I noticed the brake pads now have a break-in dark red coating on them which was absent in an earlier kit I helped install. Is there anything special for the first few miles that should be done with these metallic pads? Perhaps a few hard stops from high speeds or anything similar to season them?

The brake bed in procedure is noted on the last page(s) of the included instructions. I don't remember it from the top of my head but it's something like a few 25-5 and 40-5 stops.

Here's a link to a great install Eddie did that's really informative on all aspects.

http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?31-WIN-a-Dynatrac-ProGrip-Brake-System!!

Top Bottom