Dynatrac prosteers vs poly

computeruser6

The experience I referenced was my talk with someone in the business even though he was a salesman and rinkishjk that posted a video of said worn prosteer. Like I said dynatrac has great products. But joints do fail, That's why they make a rebuild kit. A ball joint is a wearable item just like a ujoint or tie rod ends and bushings. op had a synergy fail early and so did rinkishjk. Not being a baby guys just stating some things I've seen and heard. Sometimes you can't post your opinion on any forum without being bullied enough to shut up.

You stated that the failure rate of Dynatrac ball joints was higher than that of Synergy. That doesn't sound like an opinion. Do you have more data to back up your claim on failure rates?

Last edited:

deadguy

That is what the guy told me. He said he had a couple of worn prosteers come back and one synergy on a jku with prorocks on 40s with a hemi. Could he be lying YES. Could he be trying to sell me the Synergy's to make more money YES. Now from my point of view, I've had the Synergy's for 70k and no problems. This guy tells me said info when the prosteers were on sale along with rinkishjks worn joint. I'm going with the Synergy's again. This is not a case of what's better just a preference. I'd rather buy 4 synergys for close to the price of one rebuild build kit per side of prosteers.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: Funny, I could have sworn you said that you were OUT :drama:

The experience I referenced was my talk with someone in the business even though he was a salesman and rinkishjk that posted a video of said worn prosteer.

You'll forgive me but a conversation with a salesman is far from what I would call "experience". More like you were just sharing what you were sold on and what you've heard. Now rinkishjk has real experience because he's the one who bought ProSteers and was the one who had problems with them.

BTW, does this "someone in the business" even have a name?

Like I said dynatrac has great products. But joints do fail, That's why they make a rebuild kit. A ball joint is a wearable item just like a ujoint or tie rod ends and bushings. op had a synergy fail early and so did rinkishjk.

You're absolutely right, they are wearable items but you were saying that ProSteers were a substandard ball joint and making that claim based on "experience". Of course, your "experience" was based on what an un-named salesman told you and one single instance of a ProSteer that went bad. Of course, even though it was covered by Dynatrac and your friend hasn't had an issue with it since, you made sure to leave that out BUT made sure to point out how much rebuild kits costs and how often you would need to buy them - AS IF, that's what he needed to do. :naw:

Not being a baby guys just stating some things I've seen and heard. Sometimes you can't post your opinion on any forum without being bullied enough to shut up.

Oh yeah, it's okay for you to just throw out a colored opinion and everyone should just embrace it BUT, if anyone challenges it, we're just bullies trying to shut you up :naw:

deadguy

These are duralast ball joints on my brothers jku..... Don't buy these

Attachments

• 1418521482598.jpg
    1418521482598.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 104

deadguy

I don't kiss and tell.... And as everyone should do, especially on forums take everything you read with a grain if salt.

computeruser6

[SUB][/SUB]
That is what the guy told me. He said he had a couple of worn prosteers come back and one synergy on a jku with prorocks on 40s with a hemi. Could he be lying YES. Could he be trying to sell me the Synergy's to make more money YES. Now from my point of view, I've had the Synergy's for 70k and no problems. This guy tells me said info when the prosteers were on sale along with rinkishjks worn joint. I'm going with the Synergy's again. This is not a case of what's better just a preference. I'd rather buy 4 synergys for close to the price of one rebuild build kit per side of prosteers.

That's what your basing the failure rate off of, that's it? Based upon what you're saying from this one shop they sound about even, not as if one is doing significantly better than the other. That really doesn't sound like enough to say Synergy ball-joints are better.

computeruser6

I've had a reputable source tell me to go with Synergy's over dynatracs due to failure rate. I've had Synergy's for about 70k with dd duties and wheeling on 35s and they are still tight. A friend if mine that has dynatracs and had a failure with a quarter of the mileage on them. The rebuild kits are also 200 a side so you either replace all for 2xx or one side for 2xx when they go. I'm all for american made parts but sometimes you have to give a nod to something that works. I'm going to stick with Synergy.

You said the failure rate of Dynatrac ball joints was higher. If that doesn't mean that Synergy ball joints are better what does that mean, they're worse? They're exactly the same? You're not making any sense.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is what the guy told me.

A salesman telling you not to buy something DOES NOT = "experience"

He said he had a couple of worn prosteers come back and one synergy on a jku with prorocks on 40s with a hemi. Could he be lying YES. Could he be trying to sell me the Synergy's to make more money YES.

A nameless salesman from an unnamed vendor sells you on the idea that 2 ProSteers came back to him and only 1 Yuhuan Nahui Auto Parts Co., Ltd. ball joint packaged in a Synergy box came back to him and somehow, that = "experience" and enough so to come on a forum to tell others not to buy ProSteers.

Now from my point of view, I've had the Synergy's for 70k and no problems.

And that's great! Good for you!! Of the 3 sets of ProSteers that I've had on 3 of my JK's, I've not had any problems either. Imagine that!! :shock:

This guy tells me said info when the prosteers were on sale along with rinkishjks worn joint.

Ummm, yeah, Yuhuan Nahui Auto Parts Co., Ltd. ball joints packaged up in a Synergy box costs $5 a piece when you order a minimum of 500 units. If you really did your homework, you would have known that you could of saved some money by just getting a set of Crown HD ball joints - they are after all, the EXACT SAME THING. Of course, unlike you, I am NOT knocking Yuhuan Nahui Auto Parts Co., Ltd. ball joints as I do think they are a better option over OE ball joints.

I'm going with the Synergy's again. This is not a case of what's better just a preference. I'd rather buy 4 synergys for close to the price of one rebuild build kit per side of prosteers.

You do that. In the mean time, I'll just keep on adding mile after mile on my original ProSteer ball joints. Not like I ever abuse them or anything. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't kiss and tell.... And as everyone should do, especially on forums take everything you read with a grain if salt.

Your nameless salesman from an unknown vendor sells you on the idea that ProSteers are a substandard product and that somehow turns into "experience" of yours that others should listen to. Got it. I will be sure to take everything you say with a grain of salt. :naw:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You said the failure rate of Dynatrac ball joints was higher. If that doesn't mean that Synergy ball joints are better what does that mean, they're worse? They're exactly the same? You're not making any sense.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who thinks this guy is full of shit.

deadguy

I never said the failure rate was higher. The salesman did. I SAID my friend rinkishjks failed. The op's Synergy's failed. My Synergy's are fine. Wayalifes 3 sets of prosteers are fine. No one joint is"better" than the other as far as I'm concerned. Stuff fails just like this poor thread

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I never said the failure rate was higher. The salesman did.

But, you used what your un-named salesman from an unknown vendor sold you on as being a part of your "experience" and to help make your point that ProSteers somehow have a higher failure rate.

I SAID my friend rinkishjks failed.

Actually, rinkishjk came on this thread himself and said that his ProSteer failed. He also said that Dynatrac covered it and he hasn't had a problem since. YOU SAID that an anonymous friend of yours had one fail, that it cost a lot of money for a rebuild kit and conveniently left out what really happened.

The op's Synergy's failed. My Synergy's are fine. Wayalifes 3 sets of prosteers are fine. No one joint is"better" than the other as far as I'm concerned.

I totally disagree. The Dynatrac ProSteers are specifically designed to be a SUPERIOR ball joint and with the exception of rinkishjk's single failure, I have NEVER seen or heard of another. Again, the Dynatrac ProSteer ball joints are the ONLY ball joint to have a different method of operation. OE and ALL other aftermarket ball joints including Synergy have a bottom joint that pivots and a top joint that allows up and down motion but NO pivot. The Dynatrac ProSteer ball joints have a bottom joint that allows pivot and, a top joint that goes up and down AND pivots. This helps keep the ball joints aligned with each other without binding and NO ball joint made by Yuhuan Nahui Auto Parts Co., Ltd. has this feature regardless of what box it comes in.

Stuff fails just like this poor thread

I beg to differ. Just because you don't like the way this thread turned out doesn't mean that anything has failed.

Deadguy just let it go. You have dug yourself into a hole that you cannot get out of. Every post makes you sound more and more like an incoherent and babbling idiot. I do not use that term often but when I do it fits. Someone please take this guy shovel away so he can quit digging.

Look at it this way you are building your post count.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I've had a reputable source tell me to go with Synergy's over dynatracs due to failure rate. I've had Synergy's for about 70k with dd duties and wheeling on 35s and they are still tight. A friend if mine that has dynatracs and had a failure with a quarter of the mileage on them. The rebuild kits are also 200 a side so you either replace all for 2xx or one side for 2xx when they go. I'm all for american made parts but sometimes you have to give a nod to something that works. I'm going to stick with Synergy.

Rebuild kits are not $200 a side. I don't need to read anymore of your bullshit to realize you have no clue what you are talking about.

For anyone else rebuild kits are $200 shipped for all four ball joints.

Top Bottom