Dynatrac swap

rockwell

The price is so close between the 44/60 and the 60/60 packages I am having a tough time deciding. Just wondering is the added strength of the 60/60 is worth the weight and ground clearance penelty? Planning to run 37's for awhile but bigger and v8 swap are not out of the question in 3-5 years. Decisions, decisions...
I need wheels and driveshafts either way.

J

JKDream

The price is so close between the 44/60 and the 60/60 packages I am having a tough time deciding. Just wondering is the added strength of the 60/60 is worth the weight and ground clearance penelty? Planning to run 37's for awhile but bigger and v8 swap are not out of the question in 3-5 years. Decisions, decisions...

In my opinion for the price difference it is worth it, especially if you are thinking of a motor swap in the future.
Big tires and a lot of horsepower don't mix with any 44. Even if you are sticking with 37's, you can be a lot more aggressive on the rig.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug

If you're on the fence, save a little extra and do the 60/60 combo once.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mtb275

A V-8 and 40 plus tires, I would want 60/60.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

I would do the 60/60. If not, you'll be kicking yourself in the balls later for not doing it. Also, axle weight is a little different than cargo weight. It will probably help your COG by keeping it on the ground as opposed to a 400 pound dumbell on a roof rack.

Ddays

Hooked
I would do the 60/60. If not, you'll be kicking yourself in the balls later for not doing it. Also, axle weight is a little different than cargo weight. It will probably help your COG by keeping it on the ground as opposed to a 400 pound dumbell on a roof rack.

^^ Absolutely this. If you have to buy wheels anyways do the FF rear. Even if you don't end up with a V8, at these prices it does't make sense to NOT go that way. And WJCO is right, unsprung weight is completely different than sprung weight. And when you re-gear you really don't feel much of a difference with the heavier axles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, it'd make no sense NOT to go with the 60/60 package and the clearance penalty is negligible due to the way the ProRock housing is designed. In fact, because of it, the ProRock 60 has about the same amount of ground clearance as a factory Dana 44. As far as weight goes, unsprung weight is a good thing to have on the rocks.

16jku1231

As mentioned, it'd make no sense NOT to go with the 60/60 package and the clearance penalty is negligible due to the way the ProRock housing is designed. In fact, because of it, the ProRock 60 has about the same amount of ground clearance as a factory Dana 44. As far as weight goes, unsprung weight is a good thing to have on the rocks.
Not sure what driveshafts to swap to when upgrading to dynatrac 60s...

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bigjimbo

Don't forget a compressor if you go with air lockers. And with that comes the three new switches, so you may want to consider a switch panel system. Between those two, add another grand.

It adds up fast and hurts that I just put half the cost of my Jeep into this setup.

Top Bottom