Dynatrac versus Ultimate axles

Gnmaniatis

Picking up a 2021 Rubicon in the next couple of days. This vehicle will be used for trails in Colorado/Utah. I’m looking at jumping right to 40’s, but need some help deciding on the axles. I’m wanting to run front and rear 60’s, but can’t decide between dynatrac and ultimate. Would love some feedback on both, pros and cons. My jk ran the teraflex 44/60 axle set, and they were nothing but headaches. Thanks again

MericaMade

Dynatrac makes a great product but good luck getting a set. You be looking at 30 week eta right now. I went with the UD60s recently and couldn't be happier. I will say they don't have the finish welds like Prorock but been great so for on 40s. They are massive and that is what I like about them. Plus, I like the fact the UD is slightly wider then the Prorock and the massive 14inch brakes are nice! And you can get your hands on a set of UDs in a week or so.

Upvote 0

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Picking up a 2021 Rubicon in the next couple of days. This vehicle will be used for trails in Colorado/Utah. I’m looking at jumping right to 40’s, but need some help deciding on the axles. I’m wanting to run front and rear 60’s, but can’t decide between dynatrac and ultimate. Would love some feedback on both, pros and cons. My jk ran the teraflex 44/60 axle set, and they were nothing but headaches. Thanks again
Unless you're willing to wait the better part of a year for axles, I would highly recommend UD60's.

I've run ProRock 60's, XD60's and ProRock 80's for well over a decade and can tell you that they are well built axles. I personally like the older ProRock 60 front axle more than the newer XD60 and mainly because you can install an EVO high steer system on it along with a PSC ram that attaches to the knuckle instead of using a clamp on the tie-rod. Also, if you decide to go ProRock 60 in the rear, I would NOT recommend the semi-float as I personally have had my shafts bend at the flange and even break. I personally have seen others bend and break as well. I would only recommend a full float. A couple of other things I should note is that the brakes on the ProRocks are on the small side and they will leave you with a soft brake pedal. Not that big of a deal but it is something worth noting. The final thing I should note about the ProRocks is that they do have issues with the tone rings and that will lead to speed sensor issues. Most of this comes from bearing that wear out as that will cause enough movement in the tone rings to miss a signal.

With all that said, I started testing out UD60's about 2 years ago and I've been extremely happy with them. Not only did they cost less, at the time, I was able to get them in about 2 days. While the welds on the bracket corners weren't wrapped, they would have been easy enough to fix but of course, most of them were cut off anyway for what we were doing. What I really love about them is that they come with MASSIVE brakes front and rear, way bigger than what you get on ProRocks and they work exceptionally well. I do NOT have a soft brake pedal either. Also, the UD60's use OE style tone rings and I have not had ANY issues with my speed sensors.

I would NEVER run TeraFlex anything. Hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2011jk

Another option have east coast gears build you a 60 and a shaved 14b...I just had them build a set for a build I'm doing and IMO best deal available for built 1 tons.

Upvote 0

Adidas4275

The quality of my front PR44 is 2nd to none... I wouldnt hesitate to own dynatrac axles. Almost everything is backordered today... like quality shocks....

Upvote 0

TRBOKEV

Another option have east coast gears build you a 60 and a shaved 14b...I just had them build a set for a build I'm doing and IMO best deal available for built 1 tons.
What kind of deal did they swing for you? I’m personally eyeing a set of UD60’s right now as a holiday present to myself.

Upvote 0
Top Bottom