EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Question for the Moab vets: Are there any trails out there that are ok to do an easy night run on? Obviously I have less than zero interest in anything hard or with crazy shelf roads.
Course, that probably eliminates almost every trail out there...

My bet is that you’ll be spent for the day after the daily planned run. But a few years back a group finished Top of the World around 11pm.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Night run would be fun. Never done one I’m sure there’s something that’d we would have a better than 50/50 shot at surviving. I’ll have to mount those rock lights that have been in the shop for 3 years.

LOL, me too. I keep looking at mine wondering if I should even bother. This would give me a good excuse

My bet is that you’ll be spent for the day after the daily planned run. But a few years back a group finished Top of the World around 11pm.

Yeah, I thought the same thing but would be good to have a contingency plan for a day in case or rain or something :idontknow:

Weebz

Caught the Bug
LOL, me too. I keep looking at mine wondering if I should even bother. This would give me a good excuse

Yeah, I thought the same thing but would be good to have a contingency plan for a day in case or rain or something :idontknow:

We aren’t driving across the country to sleep!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Question for the Moab vets: Are there any trails out there that are ok to do an easy night run on? Obviously I have less than zero interest in anything hard or with crazy shelf roads.

Hells revenge is fun at night. Better at dusk for sunset.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

fiend

Caught the Bug

Top of the world. Get to the top at sunrise. Epic.

Steelbender might be good with a full moon.

You could do the trifecta (Poison Slider, Gold Bar Rim, Golden Spike) at night.

But Moab is all about expansive views. Going at night will miss that, absent a full moon.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked

You could do the trifecta (Poison Slider, Fils Bar Rim, Golden Spike) at night.

But Moab is all about expansive views. Going at night will miss that, absent a full moon.

Great ideas, damn I can’t wait

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug

You could do the trifecta (Poison Slider, Fils Bar Rim, Golden Spike) at night.

The trifecta is a fun one at night, although it does make for a long one.

One benefit is you’re not baking in the sun all day so you’re not as wiped at the end.
Two downfalls are that you can’t see the amazing views and it makes the trail look totally different and more difficult. But fun still lol

Jsouder53

Hooked
For those curious about camp sites: I’m planning on staying at the Goose Island blm campground. $20/night, no hookups or potable water. There are outhouses on site

I might just have to join you there, assuming my wife can get off work.

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
Well I'm out for sure. Timing just isn't going to work. My daughter starts school earlier this year. We're going to Colorado on our own the last week of July.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom