EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

wjtstudios

Hooked
Wjtstudios were you able to calculate a cost for the permits yet?

May be bringing 03 WJ on 35s and 01 TJ on 31s. 5 people

We won’t know the total cost until the insurance gets underwritten which won’t happen till about 30 days out as well as until we have final numbers.

Right now, not including the insurance that we are required to have, the BLM permit costs $6 per day per person of trail use.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

J&k_Overland

Right now, not including the insurance that we are required to have, the BLM permit costs $6 per day per person of trail use.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Cool wife’s gotta check her available vacation but looks doable. I’ll keep a eye out for the insurance cost

wjtstudios

Hooked
Cool wife’s gotta check her available vacation but looks doable. I’ll keep a eye out for the insurance cost

Sounds good. Once you guys think your going to be able to make it work schedule wise, I’ll add you to the list so that way I’ll remember to send you all the details as we get closer to the run.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

AgBass01

Caught the Bug

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

What's the insurance for? If I don't end up making it with the group and go on my own is that something I still need to do? Is that for Colorado or Moab?

wjtstudios

Hooked
What's the insurance for? If I don't end up making it with the group and go on my own is that something I still need to do? Is that for Colorado or Moab?

It’s to protect the land if something happens. We are required to have it because we are a larger group. If you are just a couple Jeeps, I’m sure your fine without but the other guys that have been there can answer better.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

J&k_Overland

Sounds good. Once you guys think your going to be able to make it work schedule wise, I’ll add you to the list so that way I’ll remember to send you all the details as we get closer to the run.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Looks like we are in. Two Jeeps five peeps. Will be staying at the KOA in Moab

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
It’s to protect the land if something happens. We are required to have it because we are a larger group. If you are just a couple Jeeps, I’m sure your fine without but the other guys that have been there can answer better.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

J&k_Overland

Shoot I might as well meet you in Oklahoma and have you put my whole truck and trailer on yours

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE[/QUOTE]

Ha ha just have to break out the bigger trailer.
Wouldn’t be the first time
5648CBDE-4529-4796-BC8F-5067EE4E7121.jpeg

jedifletch

I’m new to Wayalife but have been loving reading various threads. We are headed out west from MO this summer. Big RV trip and taking the Jeep with us. It’ll be me, the wife, our two kids (10 and 7) and the dog. We will be in the Moab area August 1-5. After reading this thread, I realize we will be there at the same time.

This is also the first Jeep (JLUR, 2” lift, 35” tires) we have owned. I’m certainly not looking at getting onto any trails that are above my currently limited skill set, but we would like to explore a little bit. Especially something the kids would be able to remember and be excited about. My wife and I are getting some off-road experience through the help of friends, local Jeep club, and considering an actual off-roading course. I anticipate that by the time we make our trip, we should at least have some comfort level to accomplish a few trails out there.

Any recommendations on trails for a beginner in and around the Moab area? Ones that would not scare the socks off my wife? We’d love to tagalong with others for a day or two as well.

We’ll be staying at the Moab KOA Holiday.

Top Bottom