EAST Meets WEST: August 2020 Moab/Telluride Planning Thread

wjtstudios

Hooked
Ugh. Just saw this on face book. Going to go confirm reliability. Be sure you check out conditions as you get closer to your date.

ALERT: Imogene Pass is closed until further notice on the Telluride side due to mudslides. Black Bear Pass is also closed on the Telluride side due to mudslides. Yankee Boy Basin has a large wash out at twin falls, PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION if traveling in the high country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that’s not good. Let us know if you see anything else on that.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Ddays

Hooked
Ugh. Just saw this on face book. Going to go confirm reliability. Be sure you check out conditions as you get closer to your date.

ALERT: Imogene Pass is closed until further notice on the Telluride side due to mudslides. Black Bear Pass is also closed on the Telluride side due to mudslides. Yankee Boy Basin has a large wash out at twin falls, PLEASE USE EXTREME CAUTION if traveling in the high country.

2020 can officially suck my dick. You gotta be fucking kidding me. :mad:

J&k_Overland

Well shit.

harker1

OMG. Sorry folks. 10 days out plus so hopefully that dang hurricane peters out. Those tend to feed that part of the state of colorado.

Other trails are good. Engineer pass etc. maybe not as iconic but more technical for all the big rigs i have been reading about. Views great. There are many trails toward Colorado city. Always wanted to do that. Black bear and imogene have big exposure. That is really all that makes them so iconic. Anyway trying to ease the pain.

Or stay in Moab? Will joi t you there

Anyway. Will keep an eye out for you and update here so yall can focus on fun in Moab.

wjtstudios

Hooked
OMG. Sorry folks. 10 days out plus so hopefully that dang hurricane peters out. Those tend to feed that part of the state of colorado.

Other trails are good. Engineer pass etc. maybe not as iconic but more technical for all the big rigs i have been reading about. Views great. There are many trails toward Colorado city. Always wanted to do that. Black bear and imogene have big exposure. That is really all that makes them so iconic. Anyway trying to ease the pain.

Or stay in Moab? Will joi t you there

Anyway. Will keep an eye out for you and update here so yall can focus on fun in Moab.

Thank you. Definitely keep us posted.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

Ten days to go, maybe they will be open by then🤞🤞🤞

If not, I'm sure we will make the best of it.

2020, what a shit show💩

J&k_Overland

Engineer pass up to Animas Forks is awesome. Couple Options to return to Ouray from there guess we will play it by ear. Definitely sucks balls though

MericaMade

Thank you. Definitely keep us posted.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I hope this isn't a issue but a few buddies decide to roll at last minute so now I have a group of six Jeeps. I guess the good news is it breaks the insurance payment down even more but hoping that doesn't hinder my ability to wheel with you guys.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I hope this isn't a issue but a few buddies decide to roll at last minute so now I have a group of six Jeeps. I guess the good news is it breaks the insurance payment down even more but hoping that doesn't hinder my ability to wheel with you guys.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

No issue at all. See you guys on Friday

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

DaJudge

I won't be joining you in Colorado. Jeep is still down. Had to cancel my order for the new rear end. The idiots kept pushing it out and I need it up before my wife goes back to teaching. Anyways, parts ordered to rebuild the C8.25 (including changing out the Detroit for an ARB), most in but still waiting on a couple of things. Oh well.

As far as Imogene and Black Bear, keep checking the status, it's supposed to dry out this week and the counties up there do a good job of getting the trails fixed ASAP.

Have fun!

wjtstudios

Hooked
I won't be joining you in Colorado. Jeep is still down. Had to cancel my order for the new rear end. The idiots kept pushing it out and I need it up before my wife goes back to teaching. Anyways, parts ordered to rebuild the C8.25 (including changing out the Detroit for an ARB), most in but still waiting on a couple of things. Oh well.

As far as Imogene and Black Bear, keep checking the status, it's supposed to dry out this week and the counties up there do a good job of getting the trails fixed ASAP.

Have fun!

No worries, thanks for the heads up.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom