ECTO- JK Build Thread

RockIt Man

Thanks Bondsy.

The spread sheet is actually a little more than I am capable of doing, but it was just a lot cleaner than all of the lists I make on every piece of scrape paper or junk mail that I find.

The colors actually represent different things. Green means I already own, red is I have to do first, and yellow are things to do soon after.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
ProfessionalDriver said:
I have my build on a spreadsheet too, but mine has dollars attached to each item and phase... What was I thinking??? :grayno: :broke:

Nerd! I'd rather not to the money I have into my jeeps..,

Sharkey

Word Ninja
ProfessionalDriver said:
I have my build on a spreadsheet too, but mine has dollars attached to each item and phase... What was I thinking??? :grayno: :broke:

Same here. Had the damn spreadsheet for nearly four years now. I have to go in and change it now because I sold my '09 and the build of a 2013 will be different. I also have a folder with a color picture of each item on the spreadsheet. Yes....I'm a total loser.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sharkey said:
Same here. Had the damn spreadsheet for nearly four years now. I have to go in and change it now because I sold my '09 and the build of a 2013 will be different. I also have a folder with a color picture of each item on the spreadsheet. Yes....I'm a total loser.

This is why I just use Sharkey as my spreadsheet.

:cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:cheesy: just started to catch up on this thread. the first time we ever put all our parts on a spread sheet was also the last time. ignorance is bliss :yup:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I only put together a spreadsheet for a major upgrade/at the time of that upgrade planning/wife buy in. Had one for my visit to ORE last fall, because well there were a TON of parts and trying to manage the total cost off the top of my head was :crazyeyes:

I'm gonna assume the OP is some sort of Project Manager though, as that seems like something I see at work often. :)

MTG

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
:cheesy: just started to catch up on this thread. the first time we ever put all our parts on a spread sheet was also the last time. ignorance is bliss :yup:

Agreed. Started adding mine up and stopped before I finished. Better to not know and wonder....

RockIt Man

I think it's funny how many comments the spreadsheet is drawing. And not so much the actual build plan.

I'm a firefighter. Very little computer use at my job. But I do find myself planning out a lot of my own personal projects.

jktubby

I think it's funny how many comments the spreadsheet is drawing. And not so much the actual build plan.

I'm a firefighter. Very little computer use at my job. But I do find myself planning out a lot of my own personal projects.

I too have a spreadsheet with prices, I hate seeing the total cost at the end hahah, but it gives me an idea of how much money i need. :thumb:

Must have a lot of time on your hands huh. lol

Prime8

I too have a spreadsheet, broken into divisions like yours. I also have three colors... Green is stage 1, yellow stage 2, and red is stage 3+... The D60's are highlighted in red...

RockIt Man

Sleeve Dana 44???

I'm planning on upgrading to 40 x 15.50 x 20 tires while still running stock Rubi Dana 44's (eventually plan on running PR60s)

I will def be adding EVO C-Gussets prior to adding the meats.

I am well aware of the added stress on the ring and pinion and axle shafts...

My question is, is it worth it to sleeve the axles??

Any personal experiences?

Thanks

Last edited:

Hightower

RockIt Man said:
I'm planning on upgrading to 40 x 15.50 x 20 tires while still running stock Rubi Dana 44's

I will def be adding EVO C-Gussets prior to added the meats.

I am well aware of the added stress on the ring and pinion and axle shafts...

My question is, is it worth it to sleeve the axles??

Any personal experiences?

Thanks

I have run 40x13.5x17 on stock 44 with both the gussets & sleeve I didn't have any problems I have since gone with pr60's. I would suggest upgrading when and if possible.

RockIt Man said:
Anyone running 40s on Dana 44s??
Yes

RockIt Man

Which Upgrade next???

I have an EVO Enforcer lift with 4" coils ready to install on my Rubi. I will be running this kit with 35s

Question is in what order should I install these needed upgrades...:hmm:

Drag Link Flip Kit
Adjustable Front Trackbar
Front Driveshaft
Sector Shaft Brace

Are there other upgrades that should take precedence before any of these items..?

Thanks in advance:thumb:

MTG

Caught the Bug
RockIt Man said:
I have an EVO Enforcer lift with 4" coils ready to install on my Rubi. I will be running this kit with 35s

Question is in what order should I install these needed upgrades...:hmm:

Drag Link Flip Kit
Adjustable Front Trackbar
Front Driveshaft
Sector Shaft Brace

Are there other upgrades that should take precedence before any of these items..?

Thanks in advance:thumb:

Drag link flip kit at the same time as the lift if you can. Then driveshaft. I don't know why you would need an adjustable trackbar. I'd get skids and rock rails if you don't have them already.

RockIt Man

Drag link flip kit at the same time as the lift if you can. Then driveshaft. I don't know why you would need an adjustable trackbar. I'd get skids and rock rails if you don't have them already.

I didn't grab the flip kit with it. So I was assuming flip kit first then the driveshaft.

I was under the assumption that any lift 3"+ shifted the front axle over and it needed to be recentered. :idontknow:

I currently have the Rubi rails and plan on selling them off to buy EVO skins and rails.

Any thoughts on the sector shaft brace?

MTG

Caught the Bug
RockIt Man said:
I didn't grab the flip kit with it. So I was assuming flip kit first then the driveshaft.

I was under the assumption that any lift 3"+ shifted the front axle over and it needed to be recentered. :idontknow:

I currently have the Rubi rails and plan on selling them off to buy EVO skins and rails.

Any thoughts on the sector shaft brace?

I didn't install the sector shaft brace so I can't help you there.

The enforcer kit comes with brackets that relocate the track bars. You will not need an adjustable one.

Top Bottom