EMMA in all her ELEGANCE - TOTAL MAKEOVER of a 1969 Jeepster Commando

Holy hell! She is looking great! Nice work eddie

Thanks Steve! Been a labor of love :cool:

Damn that's looking good! 👍 Professional job!!!!

Oh, I only wish I were that good. In photos and for most people looking at her, I don't know if they'd see all the flaws but I've made tons of mistakes and she's far from perfect but I've learned a lot and I'm satisfied with how she's coming out.

Wow Eddie, I can't believe how good she is looking! Great work.

Thanks Mike, been having a ton of fun working on her.

Looking awesome! Any plans for a lift or ls swap 😃

Nah, I really like my old iron to be as stock as possible. Maybe if I get around to doing another one, I'd consider it but not for this one.

Nice work.[emoji41][emoji106]

Is Cindy getting jealous yet that you're spending so much time with another woman? Lol.

LOL!! Fortunately, she's been busy working on video projects and her garden so it's all good :D

Beautiful. I must admit, I'm a bit envious.

Thank you :)

Emma is looking great! Cant wait to see her all dolled up cruising around in Carson

Thanks! I can't wait to get her out and about town. :cool:

Looks awesome. Love the black and white. Keep the inspiration coming.

White with black accents is the color scheme we love most and it is the reason why Moby is the way he is :yup:

I love watching something come together after I've put in a lot of hard work. I can't imagine what this looks like for you having so many hours dedicated to her. Looks great can't wait to see the next phase.

I think I've been working on her day and night for almost a month straight now with few interruption. I'm hoping to have her close to wrapped up by next week... if my hands and finger tips can hold out :crazyeyes:

Emma's looking great[emoji106] really digging the color

Thanks! We're supper happy that we went with this Champ White which is very similar to Stone White instead of her original Glacier White which was kind of dull by comparison.

How did you decide to have Jane professionally painted but did Emma yourself?

Metallic paint or dark colors is hard to do well. Pearl is the hardest. While I have the know how, this is the first time I've painted a whole vehicle and only attempted it because I was working with white. Granted, white has it's own share of problems and I've experienced enough of them that at times, I wished I had gotten her professionally painted. In the end, doing it myself was a bit cheaper but only by a bit. The amount of hours I've had to put into doing it is about the only costs I saved on.

Looks great man! You are doing a hell of a job!

Thanks Garrett, it's been a real learning experience :yup:

Looking great Eddie

Thank you :)

Looks like she just rolled off the assembly line. Great paint and body work!

Well, I'm glad you think so. I'm so kicking myself for all the lame mistakes I've made along the way but for the most part, I don't think most people will see them. :crazyeyes:

Emma looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product. [emoji1303]

Hope that it'll be sooner than later. Fall is definitely here for us and I want to get her out and about before winter comes. :yup:

BTW, for those of you who are interested, here are a couple of before and after shots of her door windows and wings.

Before...
20170910102701-05413ce6.jpg

20170910102705-58b7c4b5.jpg

20170910102646-a55a3d33.jpg

And after with a bit of black paint...
20170916110202-eca20def.jpg

20170916110206-e1c4858e.jpg

20170916110208-e21f6df3.jpg

20170916110217-f5122aea.jpg

20170916110215-06c489a0.jpg

:cool:

Wow! Finally getting all caught up on this thread! Emma is looking fantastic. The attention you gave to every detail is amazing. [emoji106]

Looks great!!! Great to see the revival of old iron! Will Emma be getting modern touches like Jane did with TruckLites?

Wow! Finally getting all caught up on this thread! Emma is looking fantastic. The attention you gave to every detail is amazing. [emoji106]

Thanks! In a crazy way, it's the details that make a project like this so much fun. Every time I step back, I feel a real sense of accomplishment :yup:

I think I'm going to buy a jeep and send it up for you to work on for me. Lol

I'm flattered that you'd trust me to work on it :blush:

Looks great!!! Great to see the revival of old iron! Will Emma be getting modern touches like Jane did with TruckLites?

I don't think so. Jane was always a fun looking Jeep with a winch, roll bar and decals. The modern touches looked right on her. Emma is more of an elegant convertable and I think I'll be keeping her more stock. I will upgrade her headlights to something like Sylvania SilverStars but that's about it.

The black looks way better than the chrome.

Thanks! I think the black came out really nice and looks great. And, I don't think the windows were ever chrome to begin with but rather, some kind of gray or metallic paint.

Man Emma is looking amazing great job!!

Thank you :cool:

Getting down to the nitty gritties.

First up, re-painted the center console.
20170917115758-c894124c.jpg

20170917115802-aa8cc2fb.jpg

Next, took apart the instrument cluster to try and freshen it up.
20170917115808-900b63a2.jpg

20170917115810-ac81910a.jpg

The factory paint in here is super old and delicate and extra care has to be taken or less you can ruin it all. Here's what the gauges look like cleaned up and re-painted.
20170917115817-f941775c.jpg

Far from perfect but a lot better. Looks even better still in person.
20170917115822-e2a044c5.jpg

Also, I started cleaning up Emma's old emblems and with the hope of giving them some shine.
20170916110320-b8dc2b20.jpg

Here's what they look like installed along with her tail lights, reflectors and even license plate.
20170916110335-e508e3ca.jpg

20170916110343-e678399e.jpg

20170916110347-0268bd38.jpg

Getting a LOT closer :cool:

Man, that's a sharp looking Jeep...

At the rate you're going, you will need to build another structure to house the never ending expansion of your great collection...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom