Enforcer or enforcer pro?

aermotor

Was there a trigger to make you move to coilovers? Or is it just "the next move"?

Just the next move. Money to burn and wanted the next thing and got tired of working on my Jeep having to deal with regular coils.

Last edited:

Blackhawkip

Like Eddie said, it's a tough decision. I have the 4" plush coils with King 2.5 adjustable shocks and the ride is really something else. Although where it fails is that I carry a lot of gear and my ass drags bad. I put in a coil spacer and it helped a little.

I'm upgrading to the EVO Coilovers and am pretty sure the ride won't be as nice, but I'm hoping to be impressed. Will report back in a couple weeks. Will also be selling my King 2.5s.

When I was going through the decision between coilovers and springs, AERMOTOR was super insightful. I went directly to King and talked to them to help determine the best route for how I was going to use my Jeep. I have a very heavy JK with lots of gear, roof rack, armor, winch, etc and it is primarily used for overlanding/camping/hunting. I spoke directly to the owner of King and he said to go with a multiple-rate spring with shocks. Drew over at ORE said the plush ride springs would be too soft and I'd have the same issues that AERMOTOR has with his. Drew recommended going with AEV or Rock Krawler. I spoke with RK and they said their springs wouldn't be ideal and recommended the EAVs as well. I had ORE do all the install and couldn't be happier.

I ended up with the AEV 4.5" springs but had to buy their spacers too in order to buy the springs without the lift. It has turned out exactly as I'd hoped. It sits perfectly level and rides great. If you aren't heavy, it may be too stiff of a ride with the AEVs but with the weight you mentioned it may be what you need.

My .02.....good luck!

Last edited:

aermotor

Glad that worked out. Sounds like a good combo to the run the AEV springs a bit taller and if you are loaded down enough.

wjtstudios

Hooked
When I was going through the decision between coilovers and springs, AERMOTOR was super insightful. I went directly to King and talked to them to help determine the best route for how I was going to use my Jeep. I have a very heavy JK with lots of gear, roof rack, armor, winch, etc and it is primarily used for overlanding/camping/hunting. I spoke directly to the owner of King and he said to go with a multiple-rate spring with shocks. Drew over at ORE said the plush ride springs would be too soft and I'd have the same issues that AERMOTOR has with his. Drew recommended going with AEV or Rock Krawler. I spoke with RK and they said their springs wouldn't be ideal and recommended the EAVs as well. I had ORE do all the install and couldn't be happier.

I ended up with the AEV 4.5" springs but had to buy their spacers too in order to buy the springs without the lift. It has turned out exactly as I'd hoped. It sits perfectly level and rides great. If you aren't heavy, it may be too stiff of a ride with the AEVs but with the weight you mentioned it may be what you need.

My .02.....good luck!

I run the same setup, it rides great and having the adjustable 2.5s is great for on/off trail use. 4.5" springs are perfect for 37s too with out having to cut the fenders back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

feederic

Think I'm leaning towards Evo w/ King 2.5s for now. I'll be running 35s, and am light. This should be an excellent ride and bulletproof from all the input I'm receiving.

feederic

Well - here is the order list so far:

Evo Enforcer 3"
Evo C Gussets
Evo Front shock relocation
King 2.5" Shocks
Adams 1350 DS
Smittybuilt Pivot HD Tire carrier
5 x 35x12.5x17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Either procomp wheels or spacers

My fiancée is going to love me. Thinking of telling her I'm going to take it for a car wash/wax real quick and come back with all the mods.

"See how much better it looks with a nice wax job?!"

aTX427

Having zero experience with coilovers - it sounds like spring adjustments mean new springs. Is that just a call to Evo to help get sorted out?

To some degree yes, but you are able to add preload to the coilovers to adjust ride height.

feederic

To some degree yes, but you are able to add preload to the coilovers to adjust ride height.

That's good to know. I can adjust height on my own, and spring rates are fully adjustable to preference. I guess my only question would be for a lightly loaded JKU with maybe Evo Protek/37s in my future should the Evo valving be good to go? I would think so, and if I only need to swap springs (which seemed to be priced reasonably) - for a long term adjustable setup go coilovers.

aermotor

The valving is fine, spring weights may want to change, depending. But from what you describe you should be ok with stock.

There's a massive thread about the EVO coilovers and spring rates: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/31168-Are-You-Happy-with-Your-EVO-Bolt-On-Coil-Over-Springs

Out of the box the EVO spring rates are: Front: 250/250 — Rear 200/250

I carry a good amount of weight all the time and when I hit the desert I carry even more, and friends. I went with 250/300 on all four corners and added on compression adjusters. That setup should give me tons of adjustability if I need it.

Top Bottom