Clutch

Caught the Bug
Fixed it for you:

Enforcer, stage 1 lift w/ Draglink flip: $1500
Adams1350 Front Driveshaft: $650
Rancho 9000 shocks: $400
5 Toyo Open country MTs: $1300
Spider Trax 1.5" spacers: $200

$4050 minimum. Taxes, Mounting, Shipping and Misc... about $4,400 like I said.

He has a 2 door and will eventually need rear upper control arms and a rear driveshaft.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeep203

You don’t need both drive shafts right away, you don’t need a stronger carrier if you properly adjust your isolators, you don’t need $800-1200 in skid plates (not even sure what fucking skids you would get for that price). Sounds like you need to do some more research.

Good information here, the internet is a tough place to find the best answer. That's why I'm here. The EVO skids are approximately $750 but I don't like the oil pan skid that uses the same bolts as the pan. Could be a uninformed point of view but it just doesn't seem right.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Good information here, the internet is a tough place to find the best answer. That's why I'm here. The EVO skids are approximately $750 but I don't like the oil pan skid that uses the same bolts as the pan. Could be a uninformed point of view but it just doesn't seem right.

I haven’t any skids to my ‘12 in 6 years. Still don’t even have an oil pan skid. Cost $0.

jeep203

Going 35 or 37? If 35, enforcer will give you IMO too much lift. I think stock rubi wheels look nice, no reason to upgrade if you don’t have the funds yet.

Also, you shouldn’t need $1000 of skid plates.

I don't mind their looks, just worried the lift will make them look stupid.

As for the skids, what do you use? I'm totally stuck on getting the White knuckle sliders because I had them on my xterra and those things were tough.

jeep203

Oh.. my bad... assumed it was a JKU... he probably doesn't need that much lift then... for 35's anyway.

It's a Recon also. I've read that at least one guy here has the 35" Toyo MTs with only Mopar high clearance flairs, He has posted elsewhere as well and has pictures of him wheeling very nicely in the desert. In my neck of the woods, New England, Random boulders, large and small, are a plenty, I'd like a little more belly clearance for my own sanity, however misguided. Although, I'm still kicking around just adding an inch of spacers, getting 35s, and calling it a day. Trouble is, vanity is kicking my ass, I see some of the rigs here and really like the looks of a lifted jeep but don't want simply a vanity lift.

jeep203

I haven’t any skids to my ‘12 in 6 years. Still don’t even have an oil pan skid. Cost $0.

These are the guys I've been wheeling with with my xterra and a good example of the terrain I'm hitting. I don't think I'd feel good about going bare-assed on these trails. I had Heafty Fabworks skids on my xterra and they offered a great piece of mind.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
You could do a cheap 2” spacer lift (some come with shock extensions) and get 35s with the wheel spacers. Then add an oil pan skid and trim your fenders. You’ll be out:

Tires- 1500
Spacer Lift - 200
Wheel Spacers - 160, spider sells blemished for discounted
Oil Pan Skid - 150

Then later get your Phase 2 lift with driveshaft, all the extras.

But that would get you the looks and a lot of performance out of the gate.

Here’s mine with 2” spacer lift and trimmed fenders with 35s. Image1520127674.129564.jpg

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
These are the guys I've been wheeling with with my xterra and a good example of the terrain I'm hitting. I don't think I'd feel good about going bare-assed on these trails. I had Heafty Fabworks skids on my xterra and they offered a great piece of mind.

So get an oil pan skid. If you have an auto buy a trans skid. That’s less than $300 or you can get the full evo protek system for like $400.

jeep203

You could do a cheap 2” spacer lift (some come with shock extensions) and get 35s with the wheel spacers. Then add an oil pan skid and trim your fenders. You’ll be out:

Tires- 1500
Spacer Lift - 200
Oil Pan Skid - 150

I'm totally pickin up what you're puttin down. I have a few build lists in excel (I'm a total spreadsheet nerd), and this is not unlike one of them. There's also the Synergy 2" starter system, $600 and all spring, but it would only give me about 1"-1 1/2" of lift as I already have about an inch because Recon.

Your's is an great look! Rides good on and off road?

Clutch

Caught the Bug
I'm totally pickin up what you're puttin down. I have a few build lists in excel (I'm a total spreadsheet nerd), and this is not unlike one of them. There's also the Synergy 2" starter system, $600 and all spring, but it would only give me about 1"-1 1/2" of lift as I already have about an inch because Recon.

Your's is an great look! Rides good on and off road?

It worked well for me for a good 18 months.Just last week I put in some JKS 2.5” coils for $250 and their rear Trackbar bracket for $125. Pretty much done with the suspension/lift aspect. No need for a Draglink flip or Adjustable Trackbars.

Attachments

• Image1520129118.297041.jpg
    Image1520129118.297041.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 266

catahoula

Caught the Bug

Tires- 1500
Spacer Lift - 200
Oil Pan Skid - 150

Here’s mine with 2” spacer lift and trimmed fenders with 35s. View attachment 295091

:thumb::rock::beer:

Top Bottom