Engine Oil

I run royal purple 5w20 and run royal purple in my gears and trans and t-case and my radiator bottom line is my jk looks like i bought it brand new under the hood and wouldn't use any other oil or product.

I run royal purple 5w20 and run royal purple in my gears and trans and t-case and my radiator bottom line is my jk looks like i bought it brand new under the hood and wouldn't use any other oil or product.
Royal purple is by far the best product out there! That's my opinion i own a landscaping business and we use it in all of our equipment our diesel trucks EVERYTHING!! I will never use any other product besides royal purple yes its a little more money but way worth it in the long run.

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

MacRubi2

Just a FYI Mopar states that a 5W-20 oil with a MS-6395 rating only be used.

I have used Quaker State 5W-20 synthetic which has that rating since new. I ran this for the sole purpose of if there was any type of engine warranty come up they couldn't come back and say I didn't use the proper oil. I know a stretch but who knows 😏

Just a FYI Mopar states that a 5W-20 oil with a MS-6395 rating only be used.

I have used Quaker State 5W-20 synthetic which has that rating since new. I ran this for the sole purpose of if there was any type of engine warranty come up they couldn't come back and say I didn't use the proper oil. I know a stretch but who knows 😏

RoyalPurple1-min.jpg

See the attached i wouldn't run something if it destroyed my jeep or voided my warranty royal purple is the best oil on the market and i wouldn't run quicker state as that oil is garbage and will destroy and gum up your engine had a buddy run that and it burned up his engine in no-time.

holliewood61

I run either rotella or mobil delvac 15w40 in everything i own. Everything i own does have over 100k on it though. Im at 186k on my pickup 129k on my wk, 128k on my wj, 111k on my tj, and lord knows how many miles on the cj without the first hint of trouble. I figure if will suit a diesel for 5k it will suit all my gas junk for 3k. I did run what was recommended until each hit 100k though. I believe at that point all the tolerances have opened up enough to allow for the thicker oil.

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

View attachment 275607

See the attached i wouldn't run something if it destroyed my jeep or voided my warranty royal purple is the best oil on the market and i wouldn't run quicker state as that oil is garbage and will destroy and gum up your engine had a buddy run that and it burned up his engine in no-time.

Maybe his vehicle was just a piece of shit? Oil is oil. But since you have a chart you must know what you're talking about.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Why does my new grand Cherokee call for 0-20? It has the 3.6 too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
No expert, but I know the Pentastar has a bunch of different options and power levels, so perhaps part of those cjanges result in differing oil viscosity requirements, such as different heads, compression, change interval, etc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

jeffj

Caught the Bug
No expert, but I know the Pentastar has a bunch of different options and power levels, so perhaps part of those cjanges result in differing oil viscosity requirements, such as different heads, compression, change interval, etc.

I never thought about that. I just went to change the oil and was surprised it was different.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maybe his vehicle was just a piece of shit? Oil is oil. But since you have a chart you must know what you're talking about.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well since u are not allowed to post links and such i took a screen shot of the chart on royal purples site stating the oil i use and what is compatible with that oil located at the bottom.

You are correct sir there are a lot of new engines that are coming out with different options and levels but they all remain the same with the grade of oil and they are not needing a lot of lubrication and such and not returning as much to the filter and longer change intervals. I received this information for a mopar tech near me as-well as a long time mechanic friend both who been in the business for over 20 years.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
View attachment 275607

I agree with JKDream that "Oil is oil". Major marketplace oils are all made to the same standards. Yes, there is a difference between conventional and synthetic as to longevity and that debate as to which is better will continue in other threads.

Quakerstate conventional 5w20 oil meets the Chrysler MS-6395 standard. It's what I use in my 2016 Wranger (27k), 2011 Liberty (110k) and 5w30 in my 2003 Liberty (170k). All are changed every 4k, are clean and never had an oil related issue. I always love it when a "story" starts out with "I have a friend", please, save the drama for something else.

At the end of the day, it's all about marketing. If it makes you feel better to pick on brand over another or spend more money than you need to, that's ok. It's your money and you're entitled to spend it however you chose, but stop with the mine is better than yours bullshit. A simple, "This is what I use and I like it" would suffice.

Top Bottom