Engine Oil

I use havoline pro ds full synthetic 5w20. Have oil analysis after every 8800-9400 oil changes. No issues. Everything comes back great on the test.

CinciRubi17

I use Amsoil XL 5w-20 on my 17' rubicon, so far no issues at all with 23k miles in the 10 months I've owned it. It also meets the chrystler spec MS-6395. I have also changed diff oil to Amsoil and it does great.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MacRubi2

View attachment 275607

See the attached i wouldn't run something if it destroyed my jeep or voided my warranty royal purple is the best oil on the market and i wouldn't run quicker state as that oil is garbage and will destroy and gum up your engine had a buddy run that and it burned up his engine in no-time.
Burned his engine up in no time...wow really 😳

I have 43K miles on mine now using Qstate since new and change oil about 5K miles. I see no sludge or any kind of build up on the inside of the oil filter or cap. Engine doesn't use a drop of oil.

This is the first time I have ever used Qstate in any of my vehicles and I'm certainly not endorsing them because I'll be using Mobile1 for the next change but I haven't experienced any engine burning up because of it.

J

JKDream

Incorrect my 2015 JK takes 5w20 and they haven't switched to 5w30 they are now going to go to 0w20 and a smaller filter along with less oil being put through so the engine is constantly being lubricated and not loosing oil to the filter.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Actually it is correct. 2013 used 5w20 2014 used 5w30. Either or can be used by either year as mentioned multiple times in this thread. There was a redesign in the oil filter. 0w20 is being used in combination with the redesign to help with dry starting - not losing oil.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Burned his engine up in no time...wow really 😳

I have 43K miles on mine now using Qstate since new and change oil about 5K miles. I see no sludge or any kind of build up on the inside of the oil filter or cap. Engine doesn't use a drop of oil.

This is the first time I have ever used Qstate in any of my vehicles and I'm certainly not endorsing them because I'll be using Mobile1 for the next change but I haven't experienced any engine burning up because of it.

Yea i'm not sure if it was a bad batch of oil or lack of lubrication but an engine with only 20k on i doubt there would be anything wrong with the internal parts so yea that set him back pretty good, but i use to run Mobil one all the time but i have switched to royal purple and they have been nothing but to notch and no issues and just so we can clear the air i'm not endorsing them nor am i hired or promoted by them these facts are based on my own experience with the product.

Actually it is correct. 2013 used 5w20 2014 used 5w30. Either or can be used by either year as mentioned multiple times in this thread. There was a redesign in the oil filter. 0w20 is being used in combination with the redesign to help with dry starting - not losing oil.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Um.... that's what i stated in my post less oil going into the filter and more oil in the engine thus no dry starting and that's actually incorrect the years 2013,2014,2015,2016,2017 all take 5w20 not 5w30 and it states in the manual so say the manual is incorrect and missinformation like u all say but i doubt Jeep writes the wrong information else they would have alot of lawsuits and pissed off people, if u would i can even provide a screen shot.

J

JKDream

Um.... that's what i stated in my post less oil going into the filter and more oil in the engine thus no dry starting and that's actually incorrect the years 2013,2014,2015,2016,2017 all take 5w20 not 5w30 and it states in the manual so say the manual is incorrect and missinformation like u all say but i doubt Jeep writes the wrong information else they would have alot of lawsuits and pissed off people, if u would i can even provide a screen shot.

You sure? I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit you're wrong.
Here I'll do it. I was wrong, it was actually 2012 that was 5W30 and 5W20 started in 2013.
Once again it is moot because either or works, but what you said was still incorrect.

DSC09331.jpg

Now you try.

Last edited by a moderator:
You sure? I don't know why it's so hard for you to admit you're wrong.
Here I'll do it. I was wrong, it was actually 2012 that was 5W30 and 5W20 started in 2013.
Once again it is moot because either or works, but what you said was still incorrect.

View attachment 275921

Now you try.

Have no problem admitting the fact i'm wrong except i'm not wrong i posted fatual information and then u try to say i'm wrong and then u end up finding out your wrong, but the point i'm getting to is u think you know everything which you don't and u were proven wrong and u can't except that and like every one else that has commented they think the same way and say the same shit my point has been proven u guys gang up and incite drama i'm not interested in it.

Last edited:
J

JKDream

Have no problem admitting the fact i'm wrong except i'm not wrong i posted fatual information and then u try to say i'm wrong and then u end up finding out your wrong, but the point i'm getting to is u think you know everything which you don't and u were proven wrong and u can't except that and like every one else that has commented they think the same way and say the same shit my point has been proven u guys gang up and incite drama i'm not interested in it.

Sigh. Should probably find yourself another forum.
You said not a single year uses 5W30.
You were proved wrong.
The fact I had the years wrong doesn't defeat the fact that a year still used 5W30 primarily.

Capture.PNG

Here's a 2012 manual..

One of the great things about this forum - people strive to keep information accurate.
I admitted to having the years incorrect, of which I corrected.
The funniest thing, I'm not ganging up on you. I just called you out for being wrong and you came back with some retarded response.
Your turn.

Last edited by a moderator:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

IMG_0220.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Holy shit you need to take an english class and learn how to use a comma or period this shit is really getting on my nerves your punctuation blows.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Holy shit you need to take an english class and learn how to use a comma or period this shit is really getting on my nerves your punctuation blows.
In all fairness to him... He did use one, in the book he wrote. Hahaha. Pretty sure this guy just just needs some validation in his life, but I don't think he's going to get it here. LOL

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom