Ever feel like wandering into the woods and not looking back

TrailHunter

Hooked
Lol. You've seen them before. Posted here: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/28055-All-things-Colorado?p=836385&viewfull=1#post836385

This house was right in the middle of the city. The larger logs were just milled in half. All the rest was tongue and groove, log edging, the closet shelves were just milled sections of logs.

That's really awesome man! Nice work! I would love to build myself something like that in the country, close to town, couple acres of land... My wife and I talk about it all the time. Cabins with lots of exposed woodwork are the best.. brings nature inside. [emoji1360]

catahoula

Caught the Bug
That's really awesome man! Nice work! I would love to build myself something like that in the country, close to town, couple acres of land... My wife and I talk about it all the time. Cabins with lots of exposed woodwork are the best.. brings nature inside. [emoji1360]
Woodland Park area has some sweet log bark sided cabins.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King

Thanks. It was really easy, just time-consuming.

Brute

Hooked
Ever feel like selling everything off and wondering away from everything? I'm having one of those days, something isn't content inside me. I just want to hook my camper up and drive into the wild and not look back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yes...often. Unfortunately for me, I didn't have children until my early 40's...but I still load up the rig with gas, beers, fishing gear and food for a couple days and drive into the heart of the Olympic National Forest ...fish, drink & play guitar. After a couple days, all is right with the world.

My youngest daughter has just less than three more years in high school...thank God

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Nope. I like Famous Daves and Panda Express too much to move out in the woods. But let me know when you build your cabin with the fire shitter, I'll come visit! :thumb:

Vincent

This is a great subject!
I've dreamed of purchasing some land in the U.P. of MI and putting up a yurt kinda like the one below:
http://www.yurts.com/what-is-a-yurt/

There's different types, sizes, you can customize them, and I didn't think they were too bad on price either.
Anyone have any experience?

Brute

Hooked
This is a great subject!
I've dreamed of purchasing some land in the U.P. of MI and putting up a yurt kinda like the one below:
http://www.yurts.com/what-is-a-yurt/

There's different types, sizes, you can customize them, and I didn't think they were too bad on price either.
Anyone have any experience?

I actually spent a year in a yurt on Molokai in the late 70's...no electricity, propane gas stove & fridge...it was the experience of a lifetime for a nineteen year old...

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Everyday driving into work. My dad has always talked about it and he's getting to that age where he'll need the comfort of his home which piss me off cause he never did it. Now that 3 out of 4 kids are "grown" (lol) I talk about going often. The wife laughs but in my heart and head I'm there already. That's part of the reason I'm always on Wayalife to see all you guys out in the back country. Keep it up for us city slickers who wish / dream of being there.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Vincent

I actually spent a year in a yurt on Molokai in the late 70's...no electricity, propane gas stove & fridge...it was the experience of a lifetime for a nineteen year old...

That would be a pretty epic experience, especially in Hawaii!
I spent a week in Kauai a few years back. My cousin used to farm organic veges there.
Definitely, one of the most unique and beautiful places I've ever been!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Fairly regularly. But two young kids puts the brakes on it quickly. Plus I'm only about 33-48% of the way to being able to do it full time, so I keep grinding. LOL!

black pearl

Hooked
Fairly regularly. But two young kids puts the brakes on it quickly. Plus I'm only about 33-48% of the way to being able to do it full time, so I keep grinding. LOL!

I told my wife yesterday we should find a caretaker for our property, and sell the rental property. Spend some time driving through remote areas of the US. [emoji848] seems like a solid plan to me, she didn't think the same though [emoji23]

Top Bottom