Evo 1 vs. Raptor

sean.m.adams33

I am a raptor fan, they are sweet. I do think that evo1 is more well rounded for everything than a raptor though. But there's always someone that thinks theirs is better. Even if this fictional race did happen and the guy got spanked by evo1, he would make up some excuse on why he lost instead of just bowing out gracefully.

jkjurny

It's an unfair comparison. It's not even apples and oranges. More like apples and pork.

Love both rigs. Love my Wrangler. But my plan is to have both my JK and a Raptor one day. Two different vehicles for two different purposes for most people. I'd use my JK in the rocks and , if I can afford it, my Raptor for the desert .

Also, I thought the Raptors came stock with Fox Shox.

pastorwug

Most off-the-floor SVT Raptors are $58k plus the dealer add-ons, they have no trouble selling them so they won't bargain or consider any special deals.
If I threw $57K ($36K at the dealer and $21k at ORE) at a JKUR I don't think I'd have the performance level as the Raptor on woopdedoos/desert racing (Hp issue), but the Raptor would never keep up on rock crawling or on the trails we go on.

My :twocents:

Christarp

Most off-the-floor SVT Raptors are $58k plus the dealer add-ons, they have no trouble selling them so they won't bargain or consider any special deals.
If I threw $57K ($36K at the dealer and $21k at ORE) at a JKUR I don't think I'd have the performance level as the Raptor on woopdedoos/desert racing (Hp issue), but the Raptor would never keep up on rock crawling or on the trails we go on.

My :twocents:

I dunno, as long as you got double throwdown and lever in the rear I think you could possibly take on the raptor. I know that I've personally gotten to 70mph on the dunes with my little 3.8, granted it was on the flat, but still.

About rattled my kidneys out.

Great Topic
I am Honored
The comparison Is not fair to the stock Raptor we have tested even with modded raptors

I think what could be a better Comparison and priced about the same would be
2012-14 JK Unlimited Rubi with EVO MFG Double Throw Down EVO DD Long arm. Set up on 35 and 5.13 gears
I think this would be a fun race next to a stock raptor and cost about the same . and the Jeep would still be able to be used on Jeep trails

We have lots of customers with Raptor. I love them it is a Nice truck
Dont Be FOOLED
jimco_header_pre_runner_vehicle_update.jpg The Big PRE RUNNER raptors you may see Race teams running around on Are CUSTOM BUILT TUBE CHASSIS with an F150 cab on a Trophy truck drive train ,and Hate to brake it Usually running a Chevy motor The price around 500K .....
race-dezert-robbie-pierce-jimco-prerunner-52-590.jpg

Last edited:

munstie

I have to agree would be fun to see, the said Raptor in question sounds like his DD and is far from being a trophy truck, thought it was just funny when he said it would smoke any Jeep with coilovers.:thumbup:

ltdanlj

Yea while I love EVO 1, and the rigs ORE build up, it really is not a fair comparison..... What would it cost to replicate EVO from a 4 door base model sport, parts and labor? I started the math and quickly stopped when my calculator caught fire....

Top Bottom