EVO 3" Plush Ride Coils vs 4" coils

JAGS

Hooked
I disagree. The 2.5's do work exactly as intended...and so do the 2.0's. The point is that those shocks are not intended to perform the same across the board.

^^^This!!

One other thing OP, King 2.5s also have an adjuster knob option/upgrade. Maybe should contact KING to see if that is an option for you to consider.

For others who may read this. As I stated in a previous post, I have the exact same set up as the OP. Came from a bone stock rubicon. There is no way my set up is worse than stock. Sure, it is different. I now have added weight, much bigger tires (37s), a different suspension, and now higher COG. Given all this, NOT worse than stock.

I can also say I've driven my rig with some coilover set ups and other set ups and it handles BETTER than most on the trails and in the open desert.

If folks are reading this thread and this post, do your homework. If you merely want a lift to look cool and drive great on the road, make sure you ask questions to get the best coil/shock combo. Be that the enforcer or any other lift. Kings or any other shock. Ride quality is subjective, but if you merely want a cush ride around town, and maybe hit a few trails, you need the right set up.

MTG

Caught the Bug
One other thing with the 2.5s. If you haven't used a front shock relocation bracket and have actually taken your jeep off road, make sure your front shaft isn't bent.

LAJK

How do the 3" plush rides compare to a 4" teraflex Spring? Thinking of making the switch to the EVO Springs

twoxstreem

If you have the compression adjuster knob make sure it's turned down to the first click and not past it. I experienced a stiffer ride when the compression knob was turned slightly below the first click by mistake.

I have the 4 inch plush w Evo spec kings and the ride is about as good as a jk can get with off the shelf parts.

303DAILY

I have driven a couple of XJs with 6.5" of lift and terrible suspension. Then got my 2015 JKUR just put the Enforcer with 2.5 kings. I have bumpers, winch, skids so lots of weight. All that said it does not drive exactly like it did stock but dammmmmm for a lifted jeep on 37s it drives great. I street drive in the softest setting and I'm very happy with it.
I just wonder expectations, most lifts have a much stiffer spring rate.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Back to 3" vs 4".... My shop ordered 4" plush rides for my jeep. Drew at evo emailed me back saying 3" is the way to go. Help!

I'm currently on a RK 2.5" which is more like 3.5" tall. I'm heavy with bumpers, winch, carrier, sliders, skids, hard top, 4 door. But I'm only running a 34" tire (315/70r17 duratrac). Uncut fenders. Will 4" be too tall? I'd be okay with another inch over my current height, but I don't need 5-6" of lift...

I'm running adj track bars front and rear and adj front lower control arms.

vitodivita

Back to 3" vs 4".... My shop ordered 4" plush rides for my jeep. Drew at evo emailed me back saying 3" is the way to go. Help!

I'm currently on a RK 2.5" which is more like 3.5" tall. I'm heavy with bumpers, winch, carrier, sliders, skids, hard top, 4 door. But I'm only running a 34" tire (315/70r17 duratrac). Uncut fenders. Will 4" be too tall? I'd be okay with another inch over my current height, but I don't need 5-6" of lift...

I'm running adj track bars front and rear and adj front lower control arms.

For 35's/34's anything taller than 3" makes the tires look small imo and is unnecessary. 3" plush rides give you exactly 3", you will have a nice stance and it can handle the weight.

Top Bottom