Evo bolt on coilover bolt kits

whytiptoe

Hello I am planning on dropping off my jeep Monday at the shop to get my suspension installed, however looking over all the parts I have I am afraid I don’t have the right bolt kits. Did anyone keep photos or have a list of all the bolt kits. I’m comparing the parts lists from the installation guid and some thing I don’t have, but I have bolt kits that are not called out for.

Here is my list of bolt kits: 770008 (qty 2), 770042 (qty 1), 77007 (qty 1), 770041 (qty 1).

I am lost and have no idea what’s going on. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can give. Image1509815568.599556.jpg Image1509815596.115029.jpg Image1509815616.409086.jpg Image1509815637.701663.jpg

Also if anyone can send me photos of what the rear lower coilover spacers should look like that would be awesome. Here is what King sent me, but I don’t think they are correct. Image1509815784.305710.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Bag of bolts seem to look right. I remember being lost as well until I started using bolts and I had les and less hardware to sort out. You won’t use all spacers king sent you. You should have received some from the EVO kit unless they’ve changed what king sends over. Also make sure the upper and lower coils are installed correctly. Mine had the coils swapped in the rear which causes a ton of bottoming out. In the case of the rear, the shorter/lighter coils should be on top and the longer/heavier coils on bottom.

whytiptoe

Bag of bolts seem to look right. I remember being lost as well until I started using bolts and I had les and less hardware to sort out. You won’t use all spacers king sent you. You should have received some from the EVO kit unless they’ve changed what king sends over. Also make sure the upper and lower coils are installed correctly. Mine had the coils swapped in the rear which causes a ton of bottoming out. In the case of the rear, the shorter/lighter coils should be on top and the longer/heavier coils on bottom.

Thanks, the only other spacers I have are these. Image1509816259.343005.jpg

My concern is these bolt kits look nothing like the instructions. I’m going to have him weld the kit on, but I don’t feel I have the right bolts to bolt the coilovers on.

whytiptoe

The 770007 is the only kit I see with the M12 the instructions say to use, but putting the bolt thru the spacer as well as the bearing there is slop. Just don’t think that can be remotely correct.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
That is the correct spacer. You should have a couple of those. You’ll use some spacers from king. In my case they were attached to the coil overs with some tie wrap/bailing wire. Depending on your JK you may need to use one or the other in the rear but it’s clearly called out in the instructions. The front does not use any of the spacers provided by King.

whytiptoe

That is the correct spacer. You should have a couple of those. You’ll use some spacers from king. In my case they were attached to the coil overs with some tie wrap/bailing wire. Depending on your JK you may need to use one or the other in the rear but it’s clearly called out in the instructions. The front does not use any of the spacers provided by King.

Image1509816910.721535.jpg Image1509816938.806276.jpg Image1509817065.918413.jpg this just does not seam right.

Evil

My kit came with all the wrong bolt kits and not what was needed or the wrong size stuff. Not a big deal. The coilover bolts that go through the rock stars on the axle are the finer thread gold ones and they will be long so plan on cutting them. EVO is aware of kits in the field that had the wrong stuff in them and is quick to make it right so let your installer know.

whytiptoe

I picked up my coils second hand from a good friend who went to the DTD. I called and ordered the bolt kits directly from drew. I actually contacted him again and he said that these where the right bolt kits. I just really don’t like how much difference there is between the bearing bolt and busing. Also I will have the kit welded on as I was hoping to go to the DTD, but this kit should be more than enough for me.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
They are correct and there not suppose to fit inside the hiem hole. It’s like you are trying to find something wrong. Just bolt it in and wheel it.

Last edited:

whytiptoe

I want to make sure I have everything correct as my installer is 4 hours away and I would hate to bring it to him wrong when he has other jobs lined up to do as well.

whytiptoe

Top Bottom