EVO Bolt On Coilovers

GCM 2

So maybe you can answer the question I had about that video. What happened to Evo 1? It sounded like the winch line go caught under the rig and spun on the driveshaft and the hook wrecked the underside. Is that correct?

Pretty much.

What Overlander JK said. Winch line got sucked into the driveline and the winch hook grabbed every possible line and hose under the race car- fuel lines, brake lines, ARB lines. It was a horrible way for the rig to DNF. I'm still sad for Mel and the team.

dahoover5866

Don't be intimidated by the EVO bolt on kit, yeah there are some stories out there if how hard it was. If you have the tools to install a regular lift & tools to cut steel and the ability to follow written instructions you're good to go!

Honestly even the weld on kit ain't that bad i'm no welder and 4 hours in and almost done, I think

jkpete

I have a question here about the parts needed for the bolt on co. I ended up with a teraflex drag link flip kit. Will that work for the c/o kit?

Overland1406

Evo Bolt on Coilovers

I need an Information
On the Evo Bolt on Coilovers Kit ( front and rear) are included the 12" KING Coilover Shoks or are sold separately?

Thankss

Last edited:

StrizzyChris

I need an Information
On the Evo Bolt on Coilovers Kit ( front and rear) are included the 12" KING Coilover Shoks or are sold separately?

Thankss

everything you need(brackets, coilovers, bumpstop ext, rear trackbar relocation, etc) are included in the kit. You will need your own adjustable control arms(front lower minimum for 4door OR front lower+rear upper min for two door), draglink flip, drive shafts, front trackbar relocation or adjustable.

Overland1406

everything you need(brackets, coilovers, bumpstop ext, rear trackbar relocation, etc) are included in the kit. You will need your own adjustable control arms(front lower minimum for 4door OR front lower+rear upper min for two door), draglink flip, drive shafts, front trackbar relocation or adjustable.

Hello Chris

I have a long arm 4" and draglink flip ,drive shaft ,front trackbar relocation, on my JK 2 door
Now I want to buy the Evo Bolt On Coilovers kit ( front and rear)
http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO.Bolt.On
http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO.Bolt.On.R
I don't know if the coilover shoks ( 12") are included on the kit

Atch

The coilovers ARE included in the price, they aren't shown in the pic for whatever reason

Seahawkfan

Hooked
With Adjusters or Without?

Old thread revival. What are your thoughts on EVO Bolt-on CO's with or without Adjusters. Anybody have experience with both. Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Old thread revival. What are your thoughts on EVO Bolt-on CO's with or without Adjusters. Anybody have experience with both. Thanks

Once you've got your coilovers installed and dialed in, I really don't see why you'd want to keep on making adjustments. But then, that's just me.

MericaMade

Have experience with both. Right now, I have the non adjustable version but will adding the adjustable clickers on rebuild for that little extra fine tuning ability. It's nice to be able to add more compression if needed. You will feel a difference in compression at higher speeds, but you will also be very happy without them.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked

The adjusters are nice for fine tuning, but to Eddies point, once you have them set right, you don’t change them.

For the rear adjusters, you will need to clearance the bracket for the adjuster knob. I tried to do it off the jeep, but ended up having to cut more while it was in place. Not ideal.

61618580298__D68DB342-C468-4CAF-ADC8-68CD184A85D3.jpg

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

bholder817

Dumb question I know. But I have been looking at these for a while. How do you adjust them without the adjuster? I know dumb question I probably could find on the internet. But I would rather have the professionals tell me.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom