Evo bolt on coils- front bump stops seem to be very close to bottom mount..

PabloK

What is the ultimate bumpstop for the front? King?

Why did evo recommend the stock rear bumpstop for my rear (if foam is so inferior).

JAGS

Hooked
Because Andrew at EVO told me there was no need for King bump stops on my application and the way I drive my Jeep. Why would I spend all this money on the coilovers to "cheap-out" on bumpstops?

I didn't buy King because Evo told me not to.

I'm venturing to guess that meant keep your stock bumps, not spend $350 instead of $500.

BTW your bumps are fine. They compress. You have more than the gap you are showing for travel.

#webwrencher laying down facts. [emoji6]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What is the ultimate bumpstop for the front? King?

Do you spend a lot of time driving hard and fast across the desert? If not, you really DON'T need anything more than what you've already got.

Why did evo recommend the stock rear bumpstop for my rear (if foam is so inferior).

Are you now saying that EVO recommended that you install the TeraFlex Speed Bump? I find that hard to believe. If anything, I would have thought they'd recommend you just run your factory bump stops front AND rear.

PabloK

Do you spend a lot of time driving hard and fast across the desert? If not, you really DON'T need anything more than what you've already got.

Are you now saying that EVO recommended that you install the TeraFlex Speed Bump? I find that hard to believe. If anything, I would have thought they'd recommend you just run your factory bump stops front AND rear.

I mostly drive forest roads at a good pace but nothing over 40-50MPH. Nothing crazy.

My Jeep came with the Teraflex crap front and rear, Andrew told me to go buy the stock rear bump stops and just leave the fronts. (Edit: the stock is rubber, not foam)

PabloK

I guess I misunderstood your previous post about someone from Evo recommending these to you!!!!
I'm sorry I have been absolutely no help to you in this tread, but I was kind of in shock that these would be purchased and paired with kings [emoji15]
Call me macaroni 樂

no worries, it's all good.:rock:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I mostly drive forest roads at a good pace but nothing over 40-50MPH. Nothing crazy.

My Jeep came with the Teraflex crap front and rear, Andrew told me to go buy the stock rear bump stops and just leave the fronts. (Edit: the stock is rubber, not foam)

Okay, based on that, I would say that you do NOT need anything more than what you've already got. Is it safe to assume that you told Andrew about what you have on your Jeep now? If so, that would explain why he said to just leave the fronts as is as there's no going back to stock. It's what I would have done and it's what I've been saying all along. The factory rears are fine for how you use your Jeep too.

PabloK

Okay, based on that, I would say that you do NOT need anything more than what you've already got. Is it safe to assume that you told Andrew about what you have on your Jeep now? If so, that would explain why he said to just leave the fronts as is as there's no going back to stock. It's what I would have done and it's what I've been saying all along. The factory rears are fine for how you use your Jeep too.

Excellent. Thank you.:2thumbsup:

Top Bottom