Evo Coil Overs for LCG build?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I could run a short arm with the Evo Long Travel coilovers and still get full flex?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup piginajeep is doing it with all factory arms except for front lowers. Same with ttfhell. And both ran the JKX.

And they don't sell those travel coilovers on their website anymore.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-COILOVER

Somone forgot to tell Evo.

Someone forgot how to read/search.

Okay.... WOW!!! Sorry for the late response to this. Let me try to clear some of this up :shock:

EVO MFG currently has TWO (2) Coil-Over systems -

FRONT / REAR LCG Bolt-On Coil-Over (which is just that - BOLT-ON) - sold separately

&

FRONT / REAR DTD (Double Throw Down) - sold separately

So the main difference (other than ONE being BOLT-ON and ONE being WELD-ON) - The LCG Bolt-On Coil-Over system is designed to replace your shock and coil with a CUSTOM Built CUSTOM Valved KING Coil-Over using a simple bolt-on application (does require some cutting / grinding). The DTD (front / rear) is a WELD-ON system can be run with a stand-alone coil-over OR coil-over & bypass (once again - front and rear). Now we have a number of customers running the DTD in the front and LCG Bolt-On in the rear as well as customers running the front DTD with stand-alone coil-over and LCG bolt-on in the rear with the plan of upgrading to the 3 tube bypass.

The LONG Travel Coil-Over kit is the old SINGLE coil-over kit that we are actually no longer offering and I am thinking that is where there is some confusion (since it is still on the website)...

note - The LCG Bolt-On Coil-Over kit is NOT sold without the Coil-Overs and sold ONLY as a complete kit.

TheDuff

Long arms are not gonna gain you any flex and with trying to stay at 1-2" of lift, you pretty much negate any of Thier benefits. The stock jk arms are already much longer than what came on the tj and what a lot of people consider to be a midarm. Being able to take full advantage of the coil overs with factory length arms should really be viewed as a plus, I mean it's a definite win for your wallet:)

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

ChaosNein

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-COILOVER

Somone forgot to tell Evo.

no they told us... we just have not taken it down off the website. it will be removed monday to eliminate further confusion.

running long arms on a jk with a small lift (1-3") or 35 or smaller tire will achieve little to no benefit. your travel is going to be gain/limited to the length of your shocks and not your control arms.

Last edited:

turbineguy

no they told us... we just have not taken it down off the website. it will be removed monday to eliminate further confusion.

running long arms on a jk with a small lift (1-3") or 35 or smaller tire will achieve little to no benefit. your travel is going to be gain/limited to the length of your shocks and not your control arms.

If there is a chance that I will go to a higher lift in the future should I just invest in long arms now? Will long arms hurt me at two and a half inches of lift? Are there short arms that are adjustable on vehicle like your long arms? Why does rock crawler offer a 2.5 inch long arm system?

ChaosNein

If there is a chance that I will go to a higher lift in the future should I just invest in long arms now? Will long arms hurt me at two and a half inches of lift? Are there short arms that are adjustable on vehicle like your long arms? Why does rock crawler offer a 2.5 inch long arm system?

first, there are LOTS of companies that offer LOTS of things that you dont NEED!

but sure you can run a long arm if you choose, but at what you are look for now, a simple set of front adjustable lower control arms is all you need. just trying to save you some money. i will be happy to sell you a doubleD upgrade, give me a call.

13gecko

Why does rock crawler offer a 2.5 inch long arm system?

I may be completely wrong, and nothing against RK, but companies sell alot of things as long as people will buy them. For example the "pet rock" a while back.

If I were you I would go with the Evo Enforcer 3". I have seen this lift in action in person and Highly recommend. If you were trying to stay around 2in, I think you would be happy with the 3in. It's really not that much of a difference when you add bumpers, winch, tools and gear. And it will give you the option to run 37s if you decide to later on.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Okay I'll say what it seems others are beating around the bush about.

Plain and simple. If you want 1-2" of lift and 32-33" tires, save yourself ALOT of money AND time, get some spacers or a budget boost. If you want a softer ride get some upgraded shocks.

This silliness about long arms with 1" of lift for a LCG is just, well silly. If you are wanting to drop some serious coin on a serious setup for serious wheeling, take your rig to Off Road Evolution, talk to Drew and get a CUSTOM setup.

turbineguy

Okay I'll say what it seems others are beating around the bush about.

Plain and simple. If you want 1-2" of lift and 32-33" tires, save yourself ALOT of money AND time, get some spacers or a budget boost. If you want a softer ride get some upgraded shocks.

This silliness about long arms with 1" of lift for a LCG is just, well silly. If you are wanting to drop some serious coin on a serious setup for serious wheeling, take your rig to Off Road Evolution, talk to Drew and get a CUSTOM setup.

haha... who the fuck keeps mentioning 1" of lift... not me.

turbineguy

first, there are LOTS of companies that offer LOTS of things that you dont NEED!

but sure you can run a long arm if you choose, but at what you are look for now, a simple set of front adjustable lower control arms is all you need. just trying to save you some money. i will be happy to sell you a doubleD upgrade, give me a call.

I already have a simple set of front adjustable lower control arms. I'm trying to figure out what would be best for my future, given I'm planning on getting a kit that will allow 1" to 4" of lift (even though I plan on running it at first at 2" - 3" inches.). I have plenty of money to spend.

So in this case... would you recommend a doubleD upgrade?

turbineguy

Someone forgot how to read/search.

1. You said that Evo doesn't sell a long travel coilover system.

2. I link to a long travel coilover system on the EVO website.

3. You point out that Evo has replaced this long travel coilover system with another long travel coilover system (14" apparently) which totally negates your statement that Evo doesn't make a long travel coilover system.

Forgive me if your credability is a bit shot right now.

JAGS

Hooked
haha... who the fuck keeps mentioning 1" of lift... not me.

Well, maybe I'm illiterate, but you did...twice. So before you start dropping bombs, see exhibit A......

Icon bolt on coilovers range from 1 to 4 inches. Thats the route Im going with to keep my Jeep low. 3 to 4 inches is way to high for me.

It may or may not be a mistake. Im willing to gamble since I can easily return to stock.

Im currently trying to decide if I should pair them with the double D long arm kit or metalcloak arms. I might even try the double D arms will duroflex bushings. I like that the are adjustable on vehicle and upgradeable to high clearance setup.

Oh, and yet again here more recently in exhibit B.....

I already have a simple set of front adjustable lower control arms. I'm trying to figure out what would be best for my future, given I'm planning on getting a kit that will allow 1" to 4" of lift (even though I plan on running it at first at 2" - 3" inches.). I have plenty of money to spend.

That's your 1" references.

Like others have said, take this offline, visit ORE and get yourself a custom lift.

You want to disagree with lots of advice here, so I'm sure the fine folks at ORE will sell and install whatever it is you think you want.

Post up pics when your done. 👍

- Jason

ttfhell

3" is too much lift for you. What did Rock Krawler say?

ChaosNein

again.....

EVO currently sells two coil over systems:

LCG Bolt-On Coil-Overs (front/rear)

&

EVO DTD (double throw down) - (front & rear/EVOLever)
this can be run with either both the coil-over and bypass or with the coil-over alone to upgrade to the bypass later. The 14" coil-over is available with the front DTD yet not recommended by ORE as it will not yield any more travel than the 12" due to uptravel clearance issues. the link to the "high clearance coil-over" on the website is an old product that we do not sell anymore as it is now replace by the front DTD tower/system. again it will be removed monday as to end the confusion.

Top Bottom