Evo Coil Overs for LCG build?

ChaosNein

I already have a simple set of front adjustable lower control arms. I'm trying to figure out what would be best for my future, given I'm planning on getting a kit that will allow 1" to 4" of lift (even though I plan on running it at first at 2" - 3" inches.). I have plenty of money to spend.

So in this case... would you recommend a doubleD upgrade?

if you want 1"-4" of adjustable height.... well i guess go with another product. as i mention before, the EVE MFG Bolt-On Coil-Over will yeild 3.5"-5.5" of lift (except in the custom setup from ORE).

the doubleD long arm upgrade is just that, an upgrade and is not a lift, it is control arms and control arm brackets only. If you are looking for a long arm kit, this is what I recommend.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Well, maybe I'm illiterate, but you did...twice. So before you start dropping bombs, see exhibit A......

Oh, and yet again here more recently in exhibit B.....

That's your 1" references.

Like others have said, take this offline, visit ORE and get yourself a custom lift.

You want to disagree with lots of advice here, so I'm sure the fine folks at ORE will sell and install whatever it is you think you want.

Post up pics when your done. 👍

- Jason

Lol. This is classic. Owned by JAGS.

Btw spinnywhirlythingguy, you're an idiot. As JAGS pointed out you did mention you want 1" of lift.

To be clear I never said my initial response was for you it was for the OP but now that you want to act clever you can have whatever responses you want. :asshat:

JAGS

Hooked
Lol. This is classic. Owned by JAGS.

Btw spinnywhirlythingguy, you're an idiot. As JAGS pointed out you did mention you want 1" of lift.

To be clear I never said my initial response was for you it was for the OP but now that you want to act clever you can have whatever responses you want. :asshat:

Ha ha ha. Got a friend or two in detective field. A thing or two may have rubbed off. 👍

Plus. No need to to drop an F bomb on one of my bros or anybody else.

- Jason

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I will let rock crawler know that they're 2.5 inch long arm system is a waste time then

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

You should. Actually, what you should do is have them explain to you in great detail the mechanics of long arms and how long arms on a 2.5" lift provide any real benefit over short arms at that same height.

Got a movie quote for you: "If you build it, they will come.":bleh:

JK's JK

Banned
I'd have to agree with all these folks. If you want a long arm kit then your going high. I'd just keep the stock arms with a budget boost with longer shocks and call it good. When your ready for 37's and long arm kits and not change your mind then I'd go that direction.

ttfhell

You should. Actually, what you should do is have them explain to you in great detail the mechanics of long arms and how long arms on a 2.5" lift provide any real benefit over short arms at that same height.

Got a movie quote for you: "If you build it, they will come.":bleh:

Ask them how to get home when their 3 link breaks while at it.

turbineguy

if you want 1"-4" of adjustable height.... well i guess go with another product. as i mention before, the EVE MFG Bolt-On Coil-Over will yeild 3.5"-5.5" of lift (except in the custom setup from ORE).

the doubleD long arm upgrade is just that, an upgrade and is not a lift, it is control arms and control arm brackets only. If you are looking for a long arm kit, this is what I recommend.

Thanks man for the straight answer. It is what I was thinking before the thread got derailed by the other dudes.

Just to clarify. I really would love to run your coilover setup but at 5' 4" I find my current 3-4" lift is way to tall for me for my daily driver, and condering Im going to be adding 37s to replace my 315 duratracs, I really would like to aim for a 2-3 lift. (hint. Invent a short persons lever setup) so that my total lift isn't a beast for me everyday. It sucks to be short!

Here in Idaho I do like to play on rocks, have plenty of desert to bomb through, and Im not poor.

I intend to take some road trips to the Rubicon and Moab, so having adjustable coilovers with easily adjustable arms that would allow me to go up to 4" of lift temporarily would be nice.

I know synergy and evo are my two best choices for long arms, but I thought the ability to potentially upgrade to high clearance system or double throwdown in the future if my rig ever became a dedicated trail rig would mean that the evo system is the best choice.

I probably should of posted all these details earlier before all these other dudes somehow got in in their head that I wanted to run 1" and try to save me money. Lol

And as a peace offering to all the dudes getting worked up over a misunderstanding, the jeep... (I'd put up pictures of me standing by the jeep if you weren't all such cruel bastards)

20140124_141010.jpg

20140124_141047.jpg

20140124_141055.jpg

Just for fun. This is Hooker Canyon. We call it Hooker because its where we take new guys to get them "hooked" on rocks. Im at about 3:30 minutes in I think.

Two Headed Dragon (where I would be today if my work hadn't dispatched me to Georgia only one day after I got back from Argentina)

The details:

Trojicon. 2012 JKU

Front ProRock 44 with ARB and RCVs.
Rear Rockjock 60 with ARB and chromolly.
ARB high output OBA.
Rear PS corners
Front and rear JCR Offroad bumpers
LOD rock sliders welded on.
JCR skids.
Trekarmor seat covers
BDS 3" lift with front adjustable LCA and front trackbar (being replaced soon)
Rear Currie adjustable trackbar
Quadratec 9500i winch with homemade remote control. ($35 mod from Harbor Freight)
Duratrac 315/70/R17s on ProComps.

Future purchases in next few months.
ICON coilovers
EVO Long arm upgrade
37s on Slabs (im open to tire suggestions)
More lights

Medium term purchases:
Brake upgrade (once again, open to suggestions)

Long term upgrade
LS with 6-speed automatic from Motec.
Cage

:jeep wave:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDuff

I'm not gonna bother quoting all that.... so u want the coilovers to be adjustable 1-4" of lift, so u can do 2" most of the time and higher when wheeling. guess what, That doesn't change the response you've been getting, if you want that from evo you have to take it to them for a custom setup.....

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

bl17z90

Just gonna say this and then drop it. 3.5 is the lowest you can take your Jeep if you want 37's and have it perform well. You won't have much up travel if you go any lower than that especially with evo coilovers (they can stuff really well)

JAGS

Hooked
I'm not gonna bother quoting all that.... so u want the coilovers to be adjustable 1-4" of lift, so u can do 2" most of the time and higher when wheeling. guess what, That doesn't change the response you've been getting, if you want that from evo you have to take it to them for a custom setup.....

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ha ha ha. Exactly...right. We've been saying this in some form or fashion the whole time and drew posted a couple times. He drops f bombs, yet we derailed.

It's a CUSTOM set up so quit asking questions in this thread.

Call ORE and be done with it. Agree with ya Duff.

- Jason

Top Bottom