EVO coilovers or EVO plush rides

Hot94Z28

I can't answer against the 9000 specifically. But what others have told me is that the response with the reservoir on the 2.5s provides a better ride than most standard shocks. The 2.5s are also going to be a stronger shock.

But again, how much of this difference is worth the price difference?? As my DD I'm in my jeep more than most, so a better ride in every aspect was pretty important.

Yeah after not driving mine this week till the weekend I realized how ruff the ride is with the RK coils.

CREEPR

I have the front 90% should have it done late this week. Then building out the d30 with artec truss gussets and sleeves. Then regear and Aussie rear locker. The coilovers look amazing!

Jtmw

No doubt ride is subjective. I know spring rates on the coilovers are really important depending on weight of the Jeep.

I would say this is the biggest factor. I'm a super light weight 2 door, and I feel my CO are a little tight. After making the transition and it being all said and paid for I wish I would've stayed Spring and Coil separate for a couple more stages in my build. It's a big step for sure, but I was also someone who just wanted coilovers. Been a dream for a long time, and now I've got them I'm super happy with them. just could use a bit of fine tuning for my specific rig.

CREEPR

I would say this is the biggest factor. I'm a super light weight 2 door, and I feel my CO are a little tight. After making the transition and it being all said and paid for I wish I would've stayed Spring and Coil separate for a couple more stages in my build. It's a big step for sure, but I was also someone who just wanted coilovers. Been a dream for a long time, and now I've got them I'm super happy with them. just could use a bit of fine tuning for my specific rig.

I run light as well... Planning on going as low as possible. 37s with ace fender deletes. Hoping it's not too stiff.

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Thank you for this thread. I was hellbent on saving for the bolt on coil over lift for my JK but after reading this thread and thinking about spending that much on the lift alone and then still having to buy driveshafts, tires, wheels and other parts, I decided on the Enforcer but will still at least try to keep the King shocks in play since this is my DD. I don't off road every weekend but I am trying to "buy once, cry once". I'm trying to do things difference with this Jeep and be more careful with purchases. I've had the JK since 2014 so upgrades have been slow. I did my first Jeep upgrade all wrong! I told myself all purchases must be all cash so by the end of the year, my Jeep rathole will have enough in it to at least buy the Enforce Lift kit. If I get this job I'm interviewing for in the next few months, the purchase will actually be sooner than the end of the year. The coil over lift looks like there is more maintenance involved as compared to a standard lift( which is making sure zirk fittings are greased and bushings are replaced). I had my mind made up on the bolt on coil overs but glad that I read this thread.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for this thread. I was hellbent on saving for the bolt on coil over lift for my JK but after reading this thread and thinking about spending that much on the lift alone and then still having to buy driveshafts, tires, wheels and other parts, I decided on the Enforcer but will still at least try to keep the King shocks in play since this is my DD. I don't off road every weekend but I am trying to "buy once, cry once". I'm trying to do things difference with this Jeep and be more careful with purchases. I've had the JK since 2014 so upgrades have been slow. I did my first Jeep upgrade all wrong! I told myself all purchases must be all cash so by the end of the year, my Jeep rathole will have enough in it to at least buy the Enforce Lift kit. If I get this job I'm interviewing for in the next few months, the purchase will actually be sooner than the end of the year. The coil over lift looks like there is more maintenance involved as compared to a standard lift( which is making sure zirk fittings are greased and bushings are replaced). I had my mind made up on the bolt on coil overs but glad that I read this thread.

The Enforcer kit is a good kit and honestly, you really don't need the King shocks. If it were me, I'd save your money and get something like a Rancho 9000 or the like. IF at a later date you have the cash and want to kick down for the Kings, do it at that time. But really, I doubt you'll need them.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ah forgot about this thread. Let me update my original post since I now run coilovers.

I love my coilovers but a part of me still wishes I went with the enforcers and kings. I feel like I would have had a smoother ride and more ride comfort with the plush rides. Being an east coaster the coilovers get destroyed pretty easily. Just have to stay on top of it more than usual. Also it can be a little bit of a firmer ride with the coilovers. This is not saying that they are stiff by any means! Just compared to plush rides I can feel the slight difference. Last but not least we don't have the high speed stuff to really warrant the coilovers.

Blackhawkip

Is the Enforcer lift out of the question when running a heavy JKU? The fact the enforcer kit provides a great ride comes at the expense of weight carrying capacity is what I've been told. I understand the coilover is ideal since you can run different spring rates specific for each corner. The biggest issue with the coilover is requiring either running spacers or switching out wheels to a lesser backspace. I'd really prefer the Enforcer 4" so I can keep my wheels and a narrower overall width. I also would like to keep my factory fenders while running 37s.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is the Enforcer lift out of the question when running a heavy JKU? The fact the enforcer kit provides a great ride comes at the expense of weight carrying capacity is what I've been told. I understand the coilover is ideal since you can run different spring rates specific for each corner. The biggest issue with the coilover is requiring either running spacers or switching out wheels to a lesser backspace. I'd really prefer the Enforcer 4" so I can keep my wheels and a narrower overall width. I also would like to keep my factory fenders while running 37s.

You can run an Enforcer just fine with a heavy JKU but you will see some sagging in the rear. When I was running that setup, I ended up installing coil spacers in the rear to help things out and was happy with the way everything worked.

Blackhawkip

Thanks Eddie, that's what I needed to hear and what I really wanted to hear:) I just bought the PR44 Unltd last week with RCV axles w/ProSteer ball joints and Reid Racing knuckles. The axle is setup for coils so will have to have the Synergy spring mount welded in for the Enforcer lift. I plan to use the e-lockers and switch the gears out to 5.13.

I was thinking of buying the full Currie or Clayton adjustable control arm full 8-piece set as well. How would this setup work with the Enforcer lift?

Besides the front drive shaft and flip kit is there anything else that would be recommended?

bekel

There's really nothing wrong with the Enforcer kit (Plush Ride coils) and if the benefits of going with it over bolt on coil overs is they will cost a LOT less and depending on what shocks you run with them, will require little to no maintenance. Bolt on coil overs will give you a bit more flex and you can set them to whatever ride height you want and set them up with springs to dial in what you're wanting. The down side to them if there is one is that you will need to maintain them.

what kind of maintenance is required for coil overs I have been looking at upgrading to them this fall

what kind of maintenance is required for coil overs I have been looking at upgrading to them this fall

If you're not racing your jeep, coilovers can go for years without major maintenance. I'd think you'd want to keep an eye on the res hoses to make sure there are no tears. Keep an eye on spherical bearings for wear. And just keep them from rusting. I use Fluid film.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tgoss

Thanks Eddie, that's what I needed to hear and what I really wanted to hear:) I just bought the PR44 Unltd last week with RCV axles w/ProSteer ball joints and Reid Racing knuckles. The axle is setup for coils so will have to have the Synergy spring mount welded in for the Enforcer lift. I plan to use the e-lockers and switch the gears out to 5.13.

I was thinking of buying the full Currie or Clayton adjustable control arm full 8-piece set as well. How would this setup work with the Enforcer lift?

Besides the front drive shaft and flip kit is there anything else that would be recommended?

I have Evo's front lowers and currie arms everywhere else and I'm beyond happy with 4" plush rides and 2.5 kings.

Depending on your tire size (sounds like your gearing up for 37's) I would look into PSC new steering box and chromoly axle shafts for the rear.

Blackhawkip

I have Evo's front lowers and currie arms everywhere else and I'm beyond happy with 4" plush rides and 2.5 kings.

Depending on your tire size (sounds like your gearing up for 37's) I would look into PSC new steering box and chromoly axle shafts for the rear.

That seems to be the common opinion about the Enforcer lift w Kings. That is also the direction I'm going to take. I plan on going 37s w the new PSC box. I'm also hoping to run the Currie track bar w Johnnie joints. Thx!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom