EVO corners

jkruiser

One of the reasons I wanted same color so the panels would blend and you would not notice where they ended above the flare. After seeing yours I just might wrap it.

My only reason for wrapping it, the front panels I picked up were a different color than silver. I use to have the Smittybilt XRC fender armors before this setup.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Any of you pound the sheet metal before installing. I say a write up and they hammered in around the tail lights, yet I see some not do anything.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Any of you pound the sheet metal before installing. I say a write up and they hammered in around the tail lights, yet I see some not do anything.

Don't do it. Use ratchet straps to pull the corners as close to the body as possible so you can drill the holes for the nutserts and Mark your hole to cut the tail light out

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Don't do it. Use ratchet straps to pull the corners as close to the body as possible so you can drill the holes for the nutserts and Mark your hole to cut the tail light out

Yup! That is the route I was hoping and taking MTG's idea of plexiglass to insert LEDs until I get panels back.

Ddays

Hooked

Check out MTG's build thread. I copied a lot of stuff off of his. You shouldn't have to hammer it but however big the hole you mark to cut for the new taillights, make it bigger. Its not like you're ever gonna take the corners off so don't be afraid to make those holes a little larger than the opening on the skins. I needed to enlarge mine a couple times when I went to install the rubber grommet for the lights. PITA that way.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Check out MTG's build thread. I copied a lot of stuff off of his. You shouldn't have to hammer it but however big the hole you mark to cut for the new taillights, make it bigger. Its not like you're ever gonna take the corners off so don't be afraid to make those holes a little larger than the opening on the skins. I needed to enlarge mine a couple times when I went to install the rubber grommet for the lights. PITA that way.

Yeah, funny you mention Jerry I found another write up where a guy made the hole 1 inch bigger.

Ddays

Hooked
Something else I did was primer all of the cut edges with a brush, not a spray can. Got a nice thick coating on those exposed edges. :thumb:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Installing these fuckers is like having sex....the first time you kinda fuck it up. The second time you got the hang of it.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hell yea. I hope when I do mine again I don't spin none and use ratchet straps ,tape and powder coat this time.
First panel I spun a few. I'm getting the black screws as well as black powder coat. Still got some tweaking. I want to give Ddays a shout out for all his help! I owe him several beers!!!

Top Bottom