EVO Double Throwdown Moby!!

GCM 2

worth the wait and the money

Good info. The money I'd invest in a set of king air bumps and the evo mounts will help go towards the dtd instead of the standard evo coilover system.

You know, the DTD is definitely worth the money if you are going to use it for what it is designed to do :yup: Out of all my offroad rigs owned, the DTD on my JK is by far the best performing system yet. The rear EVO lever requires a little more maintenance (front, virtually zero), but the benefits out weigh the extra time it takes to check bolts, index them with a paint pen and apply grease to the fittings. If you ever plan on really airing that jeep out, then maybe a set of King bump stops would be in order. If not, no worries.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
GCM 2 said:
You know, the DTD is definitely worth the money if you are going to use it for what it is designed to do :yup: Out of all my offroad rigs owned, the DTD on my JK is by far the best performing system yet. The rear EVO lever requires a little more maintenance (front, virtually zero), but the benefits out weigh the extra time it takes to check bolts, index them with a paint pen and apply grease to the fittings. If you ever plan on really airing that jeep out, then maybe a set of King bump stops would be in order. If not, no worries.

Ive done all rock crawling in my past wheeling, but since moving out here and seeing some of the two track roads I drive to get to trails, those sure would be fun at higher speeds. Im planning in Evo suspension 100%, and would like to do it only once and go straight DTD.

I'm waiting to see what Evo's new rear suspension design is going to be, that I've heard rumors about, but I really love the design of the Evo lever. I'm OCD when it come to maintenance, so no biggie there. Keeps me busy, lol.

GCM 2

I'm OCD when it come to maintenance, so no biggie there. Keeps me busy, lol.

Haha! I know what you mean. When I got home from SoCal with my JK just finished by ORE, my wife thought I was nuts. I spent at least an hour on a creeper just photographing bolts, welds, Dynatrac axles and the entire beauty of the system's design. All the photos actually helped later serving as a reference of "what is correct" when I pull a part or do some maintenance. Make sure that when you do step into that EVO suspension you share some photos here and on the JK-F. I just love seeing a set of Kings when new!

Hightower

Haha! I know what you mean. When I got home from SoCal with my JK just finished by ORE, my wife thought I was nuts. I spent at least an hour on a creeper just photographing bolts, welds, Dynatrac axles and the entire beauty of the system's design. All the photos actually helped later serving as a reference of "what is correct" when I pull a part or do some maintenance. Make sure that when you do step into that EVO suspension you share some photos here and on the JK-F. I just love seeing a set of Kings when new!

GCM

I think you said you would be home around now if so welcome home brother. Would you upgrade your axles first from stock D44 to Pro Rock 60’s before upgrading EvoLever/Front coil to DTD? PS I am running 40’s now what do you think of doing one axle at a time?

GCM 2

GCM

I think you said you would be home around now if so welcome home brother. Would you upgrade your axles first from stock D44 to Pro Rock 60’s before upgrading EvoLever/Front coil to DTD? PS I am running 40’s now what do you think of doing one axle at a time?

Chris,
I think with your 40"s the axle may be a wise first move. With the DTD up front and the 40"s on a D44, that's a bunch of "capability adding" kit you have just added to an axle that may not/will not be able to handle it. If you gusset and sleeve the axle first, it is money that is thrown at what is a temporary fix. Eddie ran for years with the "Single Throw Down" set up on his PR60 front without problems, so with your suspension now you should be fine. Aside from a V8 upgrade, the front axle is probably the next most expense single purchase on an offroad rig, period. You could run Spydertrax spacers in the back on the stock D44 to get the front/rear track width even to the PR60's only until the rear axle purchase. Don't forget about gear sets for the front and rear, they have to match in ratio, so you may end up doing changes.

Hightower

Chris,
I think with your 40"s the axle may be a wise first move. With the DTD up front and the 40"s on a D44, that's a bunch of "capability adding" kit you have just added to an axle that may not/will not be able to handle it. If you gusset and sleeve the axle first, it is money that is thrown at what is a temporary fix. Eddie ran for years with the "Single Throw Down" set up on his PR60 front without problems, so with your suspension now you should be fine. Aside from a V8 upgrade, the front axle is probably the next most expense single purchase on an offroad rig, period. You could run Spydertrax spacers in the back on the stock D44 to get the front/rear track width even to the PR60's only until the rear axle purchase. Don't forget about gear sets for the front and rear, they have to match in ratio, so you may end up doing changes.

That is some very good advice, I do have all the EVO D44 upgrades already done but they are really meant to beef up the D44 for 37 tires not 40's. I was aware of the wheel/bolt pattern change when i went up to the PR60 but never thought of the gearing. I really wish I had done this build right the first time the investment up front would have saved so much $$$ in the long run. I think I'll go with PR60 up front or maybe both next. Do you know if that Tera flex big break upgrade kit will work on both the stock D60 and the PR 60?

GCM 2

That is some very good advice, I do have all the EVO D44 upgrades already done but they are really meant to beef up the D44 for 37 tires not 40's. I was aware of the wheel/bolt pattern change when i went up to the PR60 but never thought of the gearing. I really wish I had done this build right the first time the investment up front would have saved so much $$$ in the long run. I think I'll go with PR60 up front or maybe both next. Do you know if that Tera flex big break upgrade kit will work on both the stock D60 and the PR 60?

I do not know the answer to that Teraflex big brake kit. I am currently looking at the swapping to the 8 lug ends on my PR60's. Working with Scott from Dynatrac over emails to figure the parts needed, he says the rear is a piece of cake, the front just a little more difficult. Like you, I am buying things twice and wish I could have done it once. Although when I purchased my ProRocks, 8 lugs were not available. So now I will also be purchasing.....you guessed it, 8 lug wheels along with those new axle ends. With the V8 I will eventually install, I have no choice but to go 8 lug, infact the rear PR80 may also be called for :doh:

Hightower

I do not know the answer to that Teraflex big brake kit. I am currently looking at the swapping to the 8 lug ends on my PR60's. Working with Scott from Dynatrac over emails to figure the parts needed, he says the rear is a piece of cake, the front just a little more difficult. Like you, I am buying things twice and wish I could have done it once. Although when I purchased my ProRocks, 8 lugs were not available. So now I will also be purchasing.....you guessed it, 8 lug wheels along with those new axle ends. With the V8 I will eventually install, I have no choice but to go 8 lug, infact the rear PR80 may also be called for :doh:

I guess it’s the name of the game. If you go with the PR80 I might know a guy interested in your PR60.LOL. We need to start a consulting build business you come to us and we put together your jeep even if you are doing it in stages$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

really? you're gonna do a v8 and PR80?? :gaah:
and here i was just thinking about how i could do 8 lugs. :crazyeyes:

GCM 2

really? you're gonna do a v8 and PR80?? :gaah:
and here i was just thinking about how i could do 8 lugs. :crazyeyes:

Eddie.....we can have dreams can't we? Well, I think for the mean time the PR60 we both run should be sufficient if I do the V8 upgrade. I think back to watching (and listening :brows:) to that Nemesis rig back in CO, and I wonder how long can that thin 5.38 gear and pinion set last before the inevitable happens. I will probably do a big HP LS motor though. As for the 8 lug upgrade, I will pass on the info to you from Scott @ Dynatrac if you want, once he gives me the spec's of the change over.

Top Bottom