EVO Enforcer lower control arms install question

paul_arc

If you want to get technical, your shock should NOT be the limiting factor on down travel. You want shocks that are longer than suspension travel and then you’d want limiting straps as to not put too much stress on binding components or shocks when your suspension travels out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I completely agree with the limit straps. That's what I noticed when looking at suspension kits for the jeep is that none of them come with limit straps. I know desert trucks use them because the axle drops out so fast. Maybe just the articulating of the suspension for the jeep isn't that hard on the shocks. But yeah, limit straps are the correct way to go.

paul_arc

I did a little trimming today and the axle moves up and down freely. Well past the length of the shocks.
The build is coming along slowly but making progress.

20200111_143018.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
I completely agree with the limit straps. That's what I noticed when looking at suspension kits for the jeep is that none of them come with limit straps. I know desert trucks use them because the axle drops out so fast. Maybe just the articulating of the suspension for the jeep isn't that hard on the shocks. But yeah, limit straps are the correct way to go.

I'm not too experienced in the limit strap no limit strap discussion, but the Rancho's I got have a rebound spring system in them to prevent over extension.

Top Bottom