EVO High Clearance Prep

The funny thing about your wife being upset.... Mine was more mad for not handing I over to Mel! I ended up taking too long( over a month) to do the work, and I will end up taking it to them anyway to do more work. Should have just done it all at once as planned.

JK's JK

Banned
What's the recommended length on the brake lines? I have aftermarket brake lines but I'm not sure if there the right length.

**EDIT**

Forgot about the wheel sensors. Do they need to be replaced?

Last edited:

utiadam

LOSER
Evo bolt on coilover packages include everything necessary except drag link flip and adjustable front lower arms. Doing the Evo long arm you should be all set. If you have the 3.6 engine you will have to cut the exhaust loop and flip it around to clear the arm

GCM 2

I LOVE looking at those monster control arms!!! They look like driveshafts :drool:

Believe it or not, we managed to break off one of those 'monster links' lower control arms during King of the Hammers. Don't know when it happened, but we probably had driven without it for quite awhile. When we pulled ourselves out of the race due to the broken flex plate and were under the race car Mel noticed the only piece left of the lower rear driver's side control arm was 2/3rds of a johnny joint connected to the axle. Anything and everything is breakable, but for 99.9% of those buying EVO Monster Links, I am pretty certain they have nothing to worry about......ever. When you own the company that makes the kit, you tend to push the equipment harder than anyone else ever will attempt to :icon_crazy:

GCM 2

**EDIT**

Noticed the transfer case skid is off and noticed there are different skids along with cross members. Do you know if those are custom?

Sorry for the late reply, I totally drop the ball on answering your edited question.

EVO1 runs an aftermarket transfer case, the best in the world, an Advanced Adapters 'Atlas' ;) The transfer case skid plate you see is all custom and actually has to be cut away to remove the Atlas T-case. The little 'drain plug' looking bump on the skid is actually a GoPro camera mount........this photo was prior to the race, I'm not sure the camera mount is still there :thinking:

JK's JK

Banned
Sorry for the late reply, I totally drop the ball on answering your edited question.

EVO1 runs an aftermarket transfer case, the best in the world, an Advanced Adapters 'Atlas' ;) The transfer case skid plate you see is all custom and actually has to be cut away to remove the Atlas T-case. The little 'drain plug' looking bump on the skid is actually a GoPro camera mount........this photo was prior to the race, I'm not sure the camera mount is still there :thinking:

No worries. I appreciate the guys around the forum answering the questions that I have. :thumb:

That explains why its different.

JK's JK

Banned
Does anyone have a preference on a rear trac bar? I'm personally thinking of the Currie.

There is Currie, Rock Crawler, JKS or Synergy.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Believe it or not, we managed to break off one of those 'monster links' lower control arms during King of the Hammers. Don't know when it happened, but we probably had driven without it for quite awhile. When we pulled ourselves out of the race due to the broken flex plate and were under the race car Mel noticed the only piece left of the lower rear driver's side control arm was 2/3rds of a johnny joint connected to the axle. Anything and everything is breakable, but for 99.9% of those buying EVO Monster Links, I am pretty certain they have nothing to worry about......ever. When you own the company that makes the kit, you tend to push the equipment harder than anyone else ever will attempt to :icon_crazy:

To be fair, I bet you broke a control arm bolt, when the arm dropped at race speed it just ripped the JJ off

JK's JK

Banned
Yes, yes and yes.

I appreciate you helping me out. :thumb:

One last question. I did notice over the weekend with the 3.5" I have now the axle was perfectly centered on the rear. Going up say a 1" would it make a difference? I'm assuming not since it's a inch.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

One last question. I did notice over the weekend with the 3.5" I have now the axle was perfectly centered on the rear. Going up say a 1" would it make a difference? I'm assuming not since it's a inch.

When you get in your jeep it'll throw the axle off. Yes 1" will matter. Weight and height will change your axle around.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

Think of it this way, your axle is centered at ride height parked, soon as you start hitting bumps( jeeps going up and down) your axle goes off center as the suspension cycles.

You won't notice the 1"...

JK's JK

Banned
After installation, it will be centered with the EVO equipment. I'm running the stock one... No need to spend the extra $!

Thank you for your offer on the Poison Spyder cross member but I think I'm going to buy it new through Northridge tomorrow. You should post it up on the sale thread.

Top Bottom