Evo Leveling Kit vs Teraflex Budget Boost

crowrb29

I'm kind of leaning towards that. Then put the Rancho shocks on and that can dial the ride softness in a bit more.

I have the 2.5 inch TF budget boost and rancho 9000s and I really like the way it performs. I've been putting it through everything SoCal has to offer, short of the hammers, and the jeep had done everything I've asked of it. I really like the way the jeep rides. It feels like stock when I want it to but the 9000s give me the option to go a little faster than I used to be able to over the rough stuff with the turn of a dial. It's a good combo and I recommend it.

The kit comes with everything you need I.E links and brake line relocations. Just make sure you get the newer one that relocates the rear trackbar on the axle side and not the frame side. It's a stronger set up.

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

I have the 2.5 inch TF budget boost and rancho 9000s and I really like the way it performs. I've been putting it through everything SoCal has to offer, short of the hammers, and the jeep had done everything I've asked of it. I really like the way the jeep rides. It feels like stock when I want it to but the 9000s give me the option to go a little faster than I used to be able to over the rough stuff with the turn of a dial. It's a good combo and I recommend it.

The kit comes with everything you need I.E links and brake line relocations. Just make sure you get the newer one that relocates the rear trackbar on the axle side and not the frame side. It's a stronger set up.

Good to hear! You're on 35s?

Can I get some pics? Build thread? Would love to see the exact setup I'm looking at.

CarolinaJK

I have the EVO leveling kit. I have the EVO 1/4 pounder on the front with very minimal sag. I can clear 35's with my cut fenders very easily. I am still using stock rubi shocks and brake lines. The kit is very easy to install and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

GraniteCrystal

I have the EVO leveling kit. I have the EVO 1/4 pounder on the front with very minimal sag. I can clear 35's with my cut fenders very easily. I am still using stock rubi shocks and brake lines. The kit is very easy to install and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

The Evo kit comes with two springs and two pucks. The Teraflex kit has a lot more than that. Makes me nervous that I'm going to need more than just the EVO kit. Can you confirm?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
The TF BB is the most complete. Get the shock extension version and bypass the TF shocks. Use your stock or pick up some inexpensive Rubi shocks from a 4 door. Did they not start trimming the pinch seam on jeeps now from factory? Would be inexpensive. I thought Eddie ran the BB at one time with 35's on Moby.

crowrb29

Good to hear! You're on 35s?

Can I get some pics? Build thread? Would love to see the exact setup I'm looking at.

I have 295/75/16s which are 33.6 according Hankook. They measure at 33 exactly mounted under the jeep. You would be able to clear 35s without issues.

Here's how it looks compared to stock ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453944264.514747.jpg

Here's some pics wheeling
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453944286.905238.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453944326.425436.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453944483.169678.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453944494.978323.jpg

I

GraniteCrystal

I have 295/75/16s which are 33.6 according Hankook. They measure at 33 exactly mounted under the jeep. You would be able to clear 35s without issues.

Now THAT is what I'm talking about. Sweet shots man. Exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks so much for posting this up for me. Ammo to convince the wife :)

CarolinaJK

The Evo kit comes with two springs and two pucks. The Teraflex kit has a lot more than that. Makes me nervous that I'm going to need more than just the EVO kit. Can you confirm?

You'll be 100% fine with just the EVO kit. Just get whatever bump stops you need after measuring your flex.

whytiptoe

So I just picked up my new JKUR and I have to correct the stance on this. I will keep the same tires as I don't see spending money on tires when I have brand new ones on the jeep. I was thinking of doing to EVO leveling kit as well. Inexpensive for now till I install the enforcer pro. Anything else I need to change while I'm in there?

thardy

Banned
So I just picked up my new JKUR and I have to correct the stance on this. I will keep the same tires as I don't see spending money on tires when I have brand new ones on the jeep. I was thinking of doing to EVO leveling kit as well. Inexpensive for now till I install the enforcer pro. Anything else I need to change while I'm in there?

You shouldn't need anything else if I remember correctly.

aldaman

If you're going to run the same tires why don't you just add a 3/4" front coil spacer to eliminate the rake and give your jeep a leveled stance?

image.jpeg

:beer:

whytiptoe

If you're going to run the same tires why don't you just add a 3/4" front coil spacer to eliminate the rake and give your jeep a leveled stance?

View attachment 185834

:beer:

This is a thought but, would I not get more articulation for one, and second once these tires do wear out I will have to pull the front apart again so my thought would be do it once and be done with it. It should not look weird with stock fenders and stock tires I would think.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
This is a thought but, would I not get more articulation for one, and second once these tires do wear out I will have to pull the front apart again so my thought would be do it once and be done with it. It should not look weird with stock fenders and stock tires I would think.

Your articulation is limited by your shocks. Whether you get the EVO leveling kit or the 3/4 spacer you'll have the same amount of travel because you have the same stock shocks.

Personally, I don't think the EVO lift looks bad with stock tires. I would get wheel spacers because I think it gives the Jeep a nice full look.

thardy

Banned
Your articulation is limited by your shocks. Whether you get the EVO leveling kit or the 3/4 spacer you'll have the same amount of travel because you have the same stock shocks.

Personally, I don't think the EVO lift looks bad with stock tires. I would get wheel spacers because I think it gives the Jeep a nice full look.

Agreed. Leveling kit looks fine with the stock tires.

thardy

Banned
I still, don't get why you'd bother doing the EVO leveling kit instead of the Teraflex pucks if going to the EVO Enforcer long term. You're just looking to fix the rake yeah?

Very true, but it depends on the timeline of getting the Enforcer. If the Enforcer is a year or so out, sure, the pucks make more sense. But, if the end goal is 2+ years out, I could see the benefit of going to the EVO leveling kit. If it was me, I'd just leave it stock until I could do the Enforcer, but each their own.

Top Bottom