Evo Levelling installation challenges

atrollip

Just circled were we needed to put washers in just to get it to connect

Attachments

• 1462817179047.jpg
    1462817179047.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 172

atrollip

I followed Eddie's budget boost installation write up we just didn't loosen top of shock as we didn't need to put in a shock extension. I believe there isn't anything wrong with the lift kit installation, i hope 😫 but perhaps previous offroad damage somewhere, I've done a lot with her being stock and I learnt as I went so not sure if something got bent or moved that wasn't supposed to.

atrollip

Even the the OEM swaybar link before lift the one kept coming loose at the top bolt even though we torqued it and at put locktite.

atrollip

I'm just giving this bump if anyone knows how to resolve the rubbing of swaybar link with coil and shifting of swaybar.
And has anyone that's installed a levelling kit experienced the same problem?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
A wedge for the spring perch would probably fix the bowing, I'm just surprised that you would need it with those springs. Have you tried lengthening the swaybar end links a bit? Perhaps you could get the contact point higher than the bow without having the swaybar set too high. I would also recenter your swaybar.

atrollip

Hi Sharkey how do I recenter the swaybar exactly I haven't read anywhere yet where someone explains how to, I don't really have a lot of experience with working on the Jeep or actually any vehicle being a women but learning as I go, any pointers will be a great help.
SilverBack what tyres do you have and have you got any other mods to the suspension other than the new coils in front also what swaybar links did you install?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well, since you don't have a Rubicon your swaybar is one long bar. There should be two frame mounts (one on each side) with rubber isolators. If necessary, you could loosen those a bit and then just slide the bar in the necessary direction. Look at the red arrow pointing to where one of the mounts and isolators is in one of your previous pics.

1462816895483.jpg

You may also be able to shift the swaybar over a bit just by banging on it with a dead blow hammer.

Nick Zambo

Hi Sharkey

Just going to through this out there, but should they evenly space out the washers as it seems they have a large stack on one side of the sway bar link compared to the otherside. Just a thought but could that not eventually drag the sway bar back and cause the rubbing issue all over again? Again just a thought as I read through this.

atrollip

Hi Nick I believe if I shift the swaybar then I won't need the washers but if I do il give it a bash at putting them evenly. I just did that as a late night solution till I get some help to figure this all out. Lol... thanks for the advice though. I really appreciate everyone that's trying to help me figure this out.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hi Sharkey

Just going to through this out there, but should they evenly space out the washers as it seems they have a large stack on one side of the sway bar link compared to the otherside. Just a thought but could that not eventually drag the sway bar back and cause the rubbing issue all over again? Again just a thought as I read through this.

Ideally she should be able to get rid of the washers or maybe have one on each side like you said (even them out).

atrollip

Thank you USMC Wrangler. I'm definitely going to try some of this and il give some feedback. It's top less day tomorrow so the day after il give it a try shifting it and see what happens.
Thank you all for the advice I don't know where I'd turn to if I didn't have this platform. 😀

atrollip

Will post up some pics Sharkey... All advice has worked so far so I'm super confident by all the advice above it will come right.

USMC Wrangler

Happy to help! So far mine has not shifted with the EVO leveling kit. Good luck and look forward to hearing it's all fixed! [emoji106]

jeeeep

Hooked
Just circled were we needed to put washers in just to get it to connect

swaybar looks upside down, the pivot should be on the swaybar, the open with bolt through should be on the tab
if you have the electronic swaybar it's a 2 piece, don't hammer on it trying to move it over. you may need an adjustable trackbar if you don't have a raised trackbar bracket. have you measured to see if your axle is centered?

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
swaybar looks upside down, the pivot should be on the swaybar, the open with bolt through should be on the tab
if you have the electronic swaybar it's a 2 piece, don't hammer on it trying to move it over. you may need an adjustable trackbar if you don't have a raised trackbar bracket. have you measured to see if your axle is centered?

Um, wrong and wrong. There would be no reason to put disconnect links on a Rubi swaybar so a dead blow on the bar to shift it isn't going to be an issue (profile confirms OP has a Sahara). Also, the BDS links are mounted open bolt end at the top (at least in every picture I have seen of them).

Last edited:
Top Bottom