Evo Levelling installation challenges

atrollip

Hi Sharkey and Jeeeep the install is shown as on ur pictures Sharkey but from Jeeeep I'm a little confused I disconnect from the bottom and pull link up as per Sharkeys Fig 4, same as I did wid stock links b4 lift.

atrollip

Jeeeep I don't really know how to measure if axle is centered. My Wrangler is a Sahara and thought levelling kit wouldn't require that level of expertise yet? Hence why I bought it. Still learning, slowly, my apologies. 😅

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Disregard what Jeeep wrote. He pretty clearly was talking out of his ass without actually paying attention to your setup.

Now, with respect to whether your axle is centered, I would be shocked if your axle shifted very much at all with just a leveling kit. Part of the reason I had you do the loosen, shake, settle, retorque on the control arms and trackbar was to to make sure those bushings were not bound up.

In any event, measure how much your front tires stick out from the fender on each side. The numbers will probably be a bit off because of the leveling kit (maybe 1/4" tops). Not enough to worry about in my opinion, and certainly not enough to spend the money to buy a new trackbar setup or brackets.

USMC Wrangler

Now, with respect to whether your axle is centered, I would be shocked if your axle shifted very much at all with just a leveling kit.

In any event, measure how much your front tires stick out from the fender on each side. The numbers will probably be a bit off because of the leveling kit (maybe 1/4" tops). Not enough to worry about in my opinion, and certainly not enough to spend the money to buy a new trackbar setup or brackets.

Exactly! Off the top of my head mine only shifted 1/8-1/4" with the EVO level...

jeeeep

Hooked
well, when my ass speaks it usually gets attention! but yep, i missed the 1st post about them being BDS links and as far as the swaybar, that's why i said "if". I've seen guys put quick disconnects on the rubi swaybar.
anyway, continue on. OP hope you get it squared away :thumb:

atrollip

Topless day photos. 8 weeks of no rain and in winter where we don't get rain, topless day yesterday was a shamles due to downpours. Carried on raining today but they say it'll clear tomorrow then I can work on the Jeep.

Attachments

• 1463324169675.jpg
    1463324169675.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 65
  • 1463324231669.jpg
    1463324231669.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 1463324294845.jpg
    1463324294845.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 1463324344284.jpg
    1463324344284.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 1463324390524.jpg
    1463324390524.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 65

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Some great Jeeps in those pics. Love the Scrambler and FC.

(Oh, and you missed the humor in my pic request. You said you were a girl Jeeper and then a few posts later talked about going topless.)

Last edited:

atrollip

Yip I definitely read through those lines... 🤗 very naive. Lol...
The scrambler still drove the trails, running very well it's pretty awesome...

Top Bottom