EVO long arm, Weld or Bolt?

wjtstudios

Hooked
Nice upgrade, you’ll love it for sure [emoji106]

If you can installed them yourself I say go for it and get them welded on once your done. Should only take few hours to install, like every mod lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah exactly, just a couple of hours. That’s what I tell my wife. She’s figured it out finally and when I say it’s just a couple of hours, it translates to a weekend project.

Normally I would, but I think this one is going in to have it done. It’s my daily driver and I can have it shut down for a week as I work my way through it and drive the scrambler in the mean time. Damn salty roads.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Yeah exactly, just a couple of hours. That’s what I tell my wife. She’s figured it out finally and when I say it’s just a couple of hours, it translates to a weekend project.

Normally I would, but I think this one is going in to have it done. It’s my daily driver and I can have it shut down for a week as I work my way through it and drive the scrambler in the mean time. Damn salty roads.

Agreed, keep the scrambler of the salty rods.

Yea, my wife figured it or as well lol

zimm

Caught the Bug
Thanks. Long arms are on the to-do list before my next Moab trip, but since my JK is my daily driver, I'll have to figure something out like renting a car for a week and weld it in myself in the garage. The only welding in the job I'm not comfortable with is the exhaust loop. I have no experience welding thin tube, but I've seen people make a beehive out of an exhaust weld.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Thanks. Long arms are on the to-do list before my next Moab trip, but since my JK is my daily driver, I'll have to figure something out like renting a car for a week and weld it in myself in the garage. The only welding in the job I'm not comfortable with is the exhaust loop. I have no experience welding thin tube, but I've seen people make a beehive out of an exhaust weld.

Or you can get the front done one afternoon and get the rear installed on another afternoon, ask me how i know. [emoji6]

wjtstudios

Hooked
For anyone asking that same question about bolting or welding, now that I have had mine on and had it on an over rocks, welding is a must. The only point at our weekend run to the badlands that made consistent contact with the rocks was the rear lower control arm mounts. I was surprised for how much they impacted the rock ledges, there was barely any visible damage except for paint. EVO builds one hell of a product!

fiend

Caught the Bug
For anyone asking that same question about bolting or welding, now that I have had mine on and had it on an over rocks, welding is a must. The only point at our weekend run to the badlands that made consistent contact with the rocks was the rear lower control arm mounts. I was surprised for how much they impacted the rock ledges, there was barely any visible damage except for paint. EVO builds one hell of a product!

Periodically I think about a long arm upgrade, whether EVO’s or Synergy’s, but I’m dissuaded by those rear brackets hanging so low and being rock magnets.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Periodically I think about a long arm upgrade, whether EVO’s or Synergy’s, but I’m dissuaded by those rear brackets hanging so low and being rock magnets.

Total rock magnets but they took it like a champ. The on road manners are levels above the stock and I could not be happier with the EVO LA kit. Just make sure you weld it on, I would have been worried if it were only bolted on. The only damage was aesthetic. No bending at all.

Top Bottom