EVO mfg rear bolton D-Ring mounts install help

AlStew

Okay cool I'm glad I'm not the only one. I actually called evo today and the flag-nut is intentionally ovalized at the end to make the nut lock in place. He said not the use grease but I used some just because I have a baby ratchet wrench.

AZRockJK

I like this option. I like the look of the factory rear bumper removed and being able to get the d ring mounts on a budget. Might be a good option for me!

USMC Wrangler

It came notched. I put the nut through the rear where I cut the cross member a little then using a mechanic magnet and a finger to get it in line.

It came notched. I put the nut through the rear where I cut the cross member a little then using a mechanic magnet and a finger to get it in line.

Looks like a fairly recent update. I just did mine a few months back. I think. Can't recall. But yeah, no notches. Hope that made the install go easier for you.

Whoops, was a while back in March. Time flies when working on 55hr weeks. hahaha.

Attachments

• EvoMountsFascia.jpg
    EvoMountsFascia.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

I was pleasantly surprised to see the notches. All of the others I had seen installed did not have them. It did make things go smoothly.

JudeinPa

Looks like a fairly recent update. I just did mine a few months back. I think. Can't recall. But yeah, no notches. Hope that made the install go easier for you.

Whoops, was a while back in March. Time flies when working on 55hr weeks. hahaha.

ROCKABILLYROY, nice touch on the rear 82nd ABN! I was a former parachute rigger in the 407th S&S BN.

Jeepmedic308

This is just deep enough so i can get to the forward bolt. Did you guys have to cut past the weld also or am i doing something wrong here? Sorry bout the pic...i couldnt get it to load upright. Thanks

1476727699014.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
This is just deep enough so i can get to the forward bolt. Did you guys have to cut past the weld also or am i doing something wrong here? Sorry bout the pic...i couldnt get it to load upright. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm not fully sure what you're asking. You mean you can only get one of the large bolts in and not the 2nd? Or are you referring to the flag nut that goes inside?

WJCO

Meme King
You have to cut quite a bit to make it flush. This first picture shows the cut off part sitting up on top of the crossmember, and the 2nd picture shows roughly how it should look when done.

1004161420.jpg

1004161542 (1).jpg

Rb1boxer_3

I'm not fully sure what you're asking. You mean you can only get one of the large bolts in and not the 2nd? Or are you referring to the flag nut that goes inside?
I think he's asking if it should be flush or not. And to cut past the weld on the frame part

Out in the Boonies

WJCO

Meme King
After you cut the frame, you should also make sure the flag nut fits through the hole you enlarged:

1004161542 (1) (1).jpg

Top Bottom