Evo Protek System

xkid

Just got the rubber isolator nuts off. Was not easy. Jacking up the trany now,scary. I have jacked up about 1/2 inch,but not much separation. How high can you jack it?

Last edited:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I installed these last week, where do the two large washers go? Never found that part out ,

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

xkid

Wondering about those washers also. What about the t case?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Panda

Wondering about those washers also. What about the t case?

I didn't use the large washers :idontknow: your stock t case skid is all you need it bolts back down onto the cross member skid :yup:

bkac

Caught the Bug
I didn't use the large washers :idontknow: your stock t case skid is all you need it bolts back down onto the cross member skid :yup:

Me either, i think they might go on top of the transmission mount bolts. Idk... Left mine out too.

Panda

Yeah, i read that a few times before i did the install. Maybe we have the deluxe kit.
Btw, does your center skid touch the rear of the transmission pan? I have an auto tranny.

No it don't touch, I have auto trans also, you did put it on top of the trans mount right? You only jack the trans up to get it in place, then it bolts to the trans mount on top, not in between the trans & crossmember just to be clear because I was a little confused on that part at first

xkid

It goes on top of the rubber isolator. But how much can you lift that transfer case? and is it safe?

bkac

Caught the Bug
No it don't touch, I have auto trans also, you did put it on top of the trans mount right? You only jack the trans up to get it in place, then it bolts to the trans mount on top, not in between the trans & crossmember just to be clear because I was a little confused on that part at first

Yes, i wade confused to on. That part, that's what i did, I'm going to snap some pictures.

Panda

It goes on top of the rubber isolator. But how much can you lift that transfer case? and is it safe?

You can lift the transfer case till it hits the floor of your jeep, it'll just be hard to get the trans mount studs back in place, you only need to lift 1/2 inch to get the trans skid in place

xkid

Mine must have been catching on something. I was past a 1/2 inch that's for sure.

AlStew

Need help!
When installing the protek system. The tranny skid gets sandwiched here where the arrow is pointing???

I have jacked up the t case that's it's starting contact the floor. And there is still no room to get the tranny skid in-between the rubber mount and the tranny mounting plate

Please help!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418095217.723681.jpg

Top Bottom