Evo Protek System

Panda

Need help!
When installing the protek system. The tranny skid gets sandwiched here where the arrow is pointing???

I have jacked up the t case that's it's starting contact the floor. And there is still no room to get the tranny skid in-between the rubber mount and the tranny mounting plate

Please help!
View attachment 113955

You don't put it in between the mount you put it on top of the mount, the only reason you jack up the trans is to get it in place

AlStew

All done with the install and I'm stoked I got some protection now :)

Thanks Panda for getting back to me so quick!

And thanks Eddie for the write up once again, it was so helpful. It would've taken me so much longer if I would've stuck with the instructions that came with it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418108610.732723.jpg

Panda

All done with the install and I'm stoked I got some protection now :)

Thanks Panda for getting back to me so quick!

And thanks Eddie for the write up once again, it was so helpful. It would've taken me so much longer if I would've stuck with the instructions that came with it.
View attachment 114018

Glad to help, looks good! :thumb:

DMF

Planning on installing my skids this weekend and was just wondering how many people here installed it without dumping your oil first? I just had my oil change 400 miles ago.

Panda

Planning on installing my skids this weekend and was just wondering how many people here installed it without dumping your oil first? I just had my oil change 400 miles ago.

I did mine without draining, just be very carful not to bump the pan with all the bolts out and have something under there just in case

DMF

I did mine without draining, just be very carful not to bump the pan with all the bolts out and have something under there just in case

Thanks Panda. My confidence level that my oil pan won't fall off has just increase 20%.:thumb:

CedarRaider

Just did mine today without draining the oil. Was a little freaked out a time or two but no problems. Surprisingly I didn't even bleed or smash a finger. 👍

StrizzyChris

Thanks Panda. My confidence level that my oil pan won't fall off has just increase 20%.:thumb:

and don't do it after running the engine. Not only will it be hot if the oil drains, but the RTV will be more likely to release and cause the pan to drop. The colder, the better!

DMF

Just did mine today without draining the oil. Was a little freaked out a time or two but no problems. Surprisingly I didn't even bleed or smash a finger. 

and don't do it after running the engine. Not only will it be hot if the oil drains, but the RTV will be more likely to release and cause the pan to drop. The colder, the better!

Cool, glad to hear. And thanks for that tip StizzyChris. Gonna start on this tomorrow morning.

Top Bottom