Evo shipping and packaging needs to step it up !!!

MTG

Caught the Bug
Why would this start a war? Unless of course, you wanted it to? :thinking:

You ordered a product and didn't get all the parts. Happens all the time, with a lot of vendors, in a lot of different industries. Shouldn't be a big surprise. You choose to vent online for whatever reason. Hopefully you feel better.

mrmet1983

Well, you didn't mention that you called or how they handled it. That would be the childish part. Pout and stomp and only tell your side of the story hoping to start a war on a forum to get attention. I've read enough instructions to know that you should always check to see if you have all of the parts and understand them before starting. I also believe in personal responsibility so blaming EVO for needing a ride because you didn't check the parts doesn't stand up in my book.

Fine that's fair but it's plain and simple when you buy a product and it's shipped incomplete that's on them not me. I have never had to open sealed hardware bags and count bolts in any kit I have ever bought in my life, if u do than more power to you. Maybe I should have but to me that's not the point. They should be double or triple checked before being shipped out.

Sent from my JK

mrmet1983

Why would this start a war? Unless of course, you wanted it to? :thinking:

You ordered a product and didn't get all the parts. Happens all the time, with a lot of vendors, in a lot of different industries. Shouldn't be a big surprise. You choose to vent online for whatever reason. Hopefully you feel better.

If you read my original post I said multiple times I love the products. I've ordered from them twice and both times missing hardware. One time fine that's ok but two out of two that's not good. I just want people to make sure they triple check the parts before they start the install. I made that mistake and I paid for it.

Sent from my JK

Briguy114

Fine that's fair but it's plain and simple when you buy a product and it's shipped incomplete that's on them not me. I have never had to open sealed hardware bags and count bolts in any kit I have ever bought in my life, if u do than more power to you. Maybe I should have but to me that's not the point. They should be double or triple checked before being shipped out.

Sent from my JK

Well then, lesson learned. Check to make sure you receive all of the parts and necessary hardware before you start installing, that way you can't complain when you get halfway through and realize that you are missing a piece.

If you read my original post I said multiple times I love the products. I've ordered from them twice and both times missing hardware. One time fine that's ok but two out of two that's not good. I just want people to make sure they triple check the parts before they start the install. I made that mistake and I paid for it.

Sent from my JK

I bet a simple, "Hey guys, just a heads up, check your hardware bags before your install...." would have done just that! Instead of the "STEP UP YOUR GAME" rant... :thinking:

sean.m.adams33

I've had nothing but wonderful experiences with evo shipping. Gotten my stuff before the prescribed time and some stuff next day. Probably because I'm so cal and not far away. Yeah it sucks not having your stuff but if you talk to the company I'm sure they will rectify the problem quickly. The guys at evo take care of their customers from my experience.

mrmet1983

I bet a simple, "Hey guys, just a heads up, check your hardware bags before your install...." would have done just that! Instead of the "STEP UP YOUR GAME" rant... :thinking:

I still think they need to step it up big time , this is two out of two times they messed up my order I shouldn't have to count on them missing parts when I order every time. I should have checked my hardware bags better but at the same time they should be doing that also. All the blame isn't on me. I'm still waiting on my rocker skins lets see if that comes complete.

Sent from my JK

mrmet1983

Well then, lesson learned. Check to make sure you receive all of the parts and necessary hardware before you start installing, that way you can't complain when you get halfway through and realize that you are missing a piece.

I couldn't agree more but at the same time they should be double checking their packages before they are sent out.

Sent from my JK

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The guys at evo take care of their customers from my experience.

^^^ something stupid to go along with taking care of there customers but when i got my keychain i had raffle tickets in mine. i got excited cause i thought i won something! i called and turns out i didnt BUT they did send me a free poster and i had it sitting on my doorstep/mailbox in 2 days! turns out i did win after all

MTG

Caught the Bug

I did read your first post. What I didn't read in that first post was something to the effect of "I just want people to check the parts...." Instead it was something in all caps about stepping up your game. :crazyeyes: Like I wrote, your rant shouldn't cause a war unless you want it too. :thumb:

It seems unfortunate that some feel it is common place to have missing hardware or components when you order stuff. I have put a ton of things together from furniture to toys. In all of these instances I have never had to check for hardware. This said I have experience missing hardware when receiving automotive stuff several times, (From several sources). From my old VW rail, to my Drag-Car; I always plan on checking the contents. It seems something is always missing, (or I don't like what was included and replace with my own flavor).

My guess is this is the difference between a custom product where humans are the skilled labor and manufactured product where machines are. The bottom line is the buyer should never HAVE to account for errors. While I agree that it is't a bad idea, I understand that seeing the brown box on the front step is exciting and it's tough to slow down and not jump head-first in. We all have been there......

mrmet1983

It seems unfortunate that some feel it is common place to have missing hardware or components when you order stuff. I have put a ton of things together from furniture to toys. In all of these instances I have never had to check for hardware. This said I have experience missing hardware when receiving automotive stuff several times, (From several sources). From my old VW rail, to my Drag-Car; I always plan on checking the contents. It seems something is always missing, (or I don't like what was included and replace with my own flavor).

My guess is this is the difference between a custom product where humans are the skilled labor and manufactured product where machines are. The bottom line is the buyer should never HAVE to account for errors. While I agree that it is't a bad idea, I understand that seeing the brown box on the front step is exciting and it's tough to slow down and not jump head-first in. We all have been there......

Thank you I appreciate not bashing me and couldn't agree more. You said it better than I did lol I was frustrated probably should have waited an hour then posted somethung a little less aggressive.

Sent from my JK

mrmet1983

I did read your first post. What I didn't read in that first post was something to the effect of "I just want people to check the parts...." Instead it was something in all caps about stepping up your game. :crazyeyes: Like I wrote, your rant shouldn't cause a war unless you want it too. :thumb:

Your correct at the time I was heated and should have taken a few min and been less aggressive in my first post.

Sent from my JK

mrmet1983

^^^ something stupid to go along with taking care of there customers but when i got my keychain i had raffle tickets in mine. i got excited cause i thought i won something! i called and turns out i didnt BUT they did send me a free poster and i had it sitting on my doorstep/mailbox in 2 days! turns out i did win after all

That's pretty sweet and I'm not looking for anything in return they over nighted both missing pieces just frustrated with the fact it happened with my only two Evo orders

Sent from my JK

EVO MFG

First off sorry for the shipping issues.
We did step up and send the parts next day air. If you have issues please don't hesitate to call EVO MFG . We will step up and remedy the issues as quickly and the best that we can.

silverbackjk

These ranting public bashing threads always remind me of those couples that air out their garbage on Facebook. I take my problem directly to the vendor. If they don't satisfy me I go to someone else. If someone asked me what my experience was with a specific vendor I would give them my opinion and the facts to back up my opinion. Starting a thread specifically to damage the reputation of a company is somewhat childish and unfair.

While I'm not one of the many EVO fans on this forum I wouldn't cry on the Internet if they missed something in a box. I would call them and base my opinion of them on how they resolved the issue.

Shit where is the like button.:like:Ok i found it.

Top Bottom