Evo shipping and packaging needs to step it up !!!

Rusty

This thread has been one of the most interesting reads. Here is what i have taken away from all of it; I am almost certain I don't like anyone who has posted in this thread, to include myself. On to the next thread now......

Now now.. you have to like yourself..

Back to the thread topic...

I really hate it when I open a box from evo in the wind... learnt my lesson once... lol let that popcorn fly... :doh: (there is a note of sarcasm in this... popcorn doesn't make me mad... however you do find that stuff everywhere afterwards.. lol)

But I've had no problems with Evo, Yeah it takes a while to get it.. but it's a price to pay for quality... :thumb:

:twocents:

Last edited:

borracho

On May 15th, my husband ordered Evo rock skins, and received them on June 11th. They said "3 weeks" at the time of purchase, but it ended up being 4 weeks. No big deal. The rock skins were well packed and in perfect condition; so well packed that I will be using some of the material to pack my dishes for my upcoming cross-country move. None of the installation hardware was missing, either.
-Dawn

May 15th of this year???? I ordered mine 2 weeks before that and have yet to get any shipping notice. :thinking: EVO fail again! JK. well, I am actually 100% serious about the ordering time and still have not received anything. But, I am not ready to mount them yet anyway so I can wait. But they better come with every bolt/nutcert I need or else! :mad:

I am almost certain I don't like anyone who has posted in this thread, to include myself. On to the next thread now......

I thought those were veins in your forearms from pics I've seen but now I fear they were cut marks :grayno:

mikefishes

This thread has been one of the most interesting reads. Here is what i have taken away from all of it; I am almost certain I don't like anyone who has posted in this thread, to include myself. On to the next thread now......

my thoughts exactly.

GCM 2

I thought those were veins in your forearms from pics I've seen but now I fear they were cut marks :grayno:

If I tried to take my life, I would probably end up in some form of hell that is filled with nothing but threads, post and forum members from the "PriusWayalife.com" that complain how all their mods for battery upgrades they have ordered were shipped incomplete. Just my kind of luck......:cheesy:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
My experience with Evo:

Back in 2009 I bought ARB lockers from Northridge 4x4 and brought them in for Evo to install during a re-gear. Evo installed them, though I purchased them from a competitor. I had forgotten a few pieces from the ARB install kit, but Evo used some of their spares to finish the job. After the re-gear, we had bad vibration from the front. Turns out it was the driveshaft. For NO CHARGE, Evo gave us a new stock front DS and set our caster to further eliminate the vibration. Mel even took the time out of his day to drive around town with us to test/verify. We offered money, but Mel declined.

We scheduled a piddly $100 chassis inspection with Evo for May 15th, but the appointment didn't make it to their calendar. When my husband showed up for the appointment, Mel owned up for the mistake and took care of us. He pushed back bigger/better customers (e.g. delaying Eddie & Cindy's LS swap by a day) to make it right. During this time, Evo made & installed custom washers to retrofit our front LCA mounts that were drilled out to accommodate cam bolts ... and did it while I waited. Further, Evo installed *used* Evo lower control arms that I purchased off of a JKF member.

On May 15th, my husband ordered Evo rock skins, and received them on June 11th. They said "3 weeks" at the time of purchase, but it ended up being 4 weeks. No big deal. The rock skins were well packed and in perfect condition; so well packed that I will be using some of the material to pack my dishes for my upcoming cross-country move. None of the installation hardware was missing, either.

On May 15th, my husband also purchased an Evo drag link flip kit. The kit was well-packaged, in perfect condition, and included all hardware. We had issues during installation (nothing to do with Evo), and Jake at Evo was very responsive during our calls for help. BTW the drag link flip kit made a huge difference in our handling!

No vendor is perfect, but my experience with Evo is par for the course. I am not surprised that they practically immediately rectified your situation. Next time, pick up the phone. ;)

-Dawn

Thank you for the kind words.

EVO MFG

May 15th of this year???? I ordered mine 2 weeks before that and have yet to get any shipping notice. :thinking: EVO fail again! JK. well, I am actually 100% serious about the ordering time and still have not received anything. But, I am not ready to mount them yet anyway so I can wait. But they better come with every bolt/nutcert I need or else! :mad:

Give the vendor a call you ordered from for a status update. Shocks or anything can be holding up your order.

MTG

Caught the Bug

Damn! I thought you liked me. :grayno:

Here are a couple things that I've taken away...

(1) some people (not naming names) get sand in their vaginas whenever a vendor, the forum and/or life in general doesn't meet their expectations, regardless of how unreasonable those expectations are.
(2) venting on the internet (even if justified) most often backfires regardless of intent, because (a) you can never anticipate what someone else's perspective/experience is going to be, and (b) there are always opinionated people who want nothing more than to "prove" you wrong.

Actually, now that I've typed them I can't say that I took them away from this thread, it's just that this thread highlights them both.

Oh and I dislike most people in general, but that is another story. :crazyeyes:

:cheesy:

Top Bottom