EVO Sport Cage?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Do either of these effect the movement of the visors

If you have a 2011-up, the Rock hard cage will make it a challenge to use your sun visor. Not impossible but it does take some work. 2007-10 is not a problem and it's not a problem on the EVO.

Maybe being a close personal friend of Mel's you could put a bug in his ear :D

LOL!! He said they could probably work something out but the handles would be a custom order and NOT be the standard setup.

sjd78

If you have a 2011-up, the Rock hard cage will make it a challenge to use your sun visor. Not impossible but it does take some work. 2007-10 is not a problem and it's not a problem on the EVO.

LOL!! He said they could probably work something out but the handles would be a custom order and NOT be the standard setup.

Well it's good to know it is possible. Thanks Eddie!

SDG

Caught the Bug
Looks great! Funny that you would comment about visibility. You should try looking over the dash bar of a Rock Hard cage an in a 2012-up when you're short :crazyeyes:
Thanks. Haha, mine is the opposite problem, top bar diameter gets close to blocking distance viewing from the top haha. Tall people problems lol.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Can you get a close up of the corner of the dash where the tweeters are? I'd hate to cover my Alpine tweets up there (actually they're 3.5" full range), but either way, if they're covered the stereo will sound like ass.

SDG

Caught the Bug
Can you get a close up of the corner of the dash where the tweeters are? I'd hate to cover my Alpine tweets up there (actually they're 3.5" full range), but either way, if they're covered the stereo will sound like ass.
20170321_161924.jpg
There is a hole cut there for them on both sides of the dash.

20170321_161938.jpg 20170321_161933.jpg
My visors do not contact the header on either side.

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

icufltrn

I love my rock hard cage because of the grab handles and prefer the look of the round bars. Also the round bars make it easy to mount things to.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I love my rock hard cage because of the grab handles and prefer the look of the round bars. Also the round bars make it easy to mount things to.

I agree. The EVO cage is nice, but I prefer the look of the round bars.

So that it isn't missed, I own Rock Hard cages, run them in both my JK's and love them. That being said, the OP started this thread to inquire about the EVO cage.

Now, to bringing this back on topic...

Mybadjk said:
I wonder if you had a shop weld handles on if it would mess with the structural or strength.

It'd be hard for me to say for sure especially being there are various ways you could do this but, I doubt it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, just talked to Mel and have confirmed that handles on their cage is available as an option. :yup:

Top Bottom