EVO Tire Carrier Rattle

Ddays

Hooked
Are you fucking kidding? The problem is that people ask questions and when they are told how to fix their problem but don't like the answer they get pissy and say "y'know what the problem is with today's forums?"

You didn't even try the goddam suggestions of the people here that have installed these carriers, did you?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
no need to argue guys. This is today's problem with forums... Everyone wants to be heard even if they don't have anything valid to share. If you don't know the answer - its OK!!! - that does not make you dump... but answering without additional input to solve the problem + to have your 35 seconds of fame on Internet - this makes you stupid, but i guess some of us needs additional attention that failed to receive at home or work..

If you don't have anything constructive to add to my question - please don't waste everyone's time..

---Peter

:cheesy: nobody I know is arguing anything or at least, not that I've seen. That's the problem with the internet... when guys like you don't hear what you want to hear, you effectively write off what was said as being invalid, you say that everyone is stupid and that they're now wasting your time. :crazyeyes:

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
Are you fucking kidding? The problem is that people ask questions and when they are told how to fix their problem but don't like the answer they get pissy and say "y'know what the problem is with today's forums?"

You didn't even try the goddam suggestions of the people here that have installed these carriers, did you?

Cmonnnn ur gunna hurt his feelings! :daydream:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I mean my carrier is hard to adjust, but thats my own fault due to the threads being off but still I made mine hard to put the pins in for a reason.....and guess what...it doesnt make a sound ever :thumb:

How hard is it for you to just spin one joint a half or full turn to make it not rattle?

BLCK4X4

Woah woah woah guys......

:cheesy: So how do we fix this again I never really herd a solid answer. Everyone seems to be kinda "dumb"? Hahah just playing...

I think his feelings are hurt :Rock:

Ddays

Hooked

:cheesy: So how do we fix this again I never really herd a solid answer. Everyone seems to be kinda "dumb"? Hahah just playing...

:thinking: Not meaning to be a smartass to you, but I think everyone answered. Adjust the ends so they are slightly offset and no rattle.

Oh, and don't forget the fairy dust

fairy dust.jpg

Your question has been answered already by 3 people in this thread. Just offset the fucking joints people!

BLCK4X4

WJCO

Meme King
no need to argue guys. This is today's problem with forums... Everyone wants to be heard even if they don't have anything valid to share. If you don't know the answer - its OK!!! - that does not make you dump... but answering without additional input to solve the problem + to have your 35 seconds of fame on Internet - this makes you stupid, but i guess some of us needs additional attention that failed to receive at home or work..

If you don't have anything constructive to add to my question - please don't waste everyone's time..

---Peter

I want to be heard. I have nothing valid to share. I don't know the answer. I want my 35 seconds of fame. I need the attention. That is all.........

Thank you for this opportunity.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
This is not a solution i am looking for. making it fit uneven its not a valid fix. As I mentioned before i am searching for something similar to what we see in bicycles front wheel (clamping the wheel) but on larger/heavier side: https://www.google.com/search?q=bic..._BhlWM:;ymB9TsLZg3z3iM:&imgrc=ZNbJ_jVo_BhlWM:

But with a swivel pin on the bottom so i can pull it up once unclamped.

I don't give two shits if it's the answer you want to hear. It's the correct answer and it's the proper way to adjust the carrier.

Btw if your tire carrier lined up that good, it's a good thing. Misalignment is the correct way to adjust the rattle out. Ask me how many of these Ive had a hand in building..,

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

---Peter

Whats it feel like up on that big high hill? Hows the view?

mallaki

I guess some folks are just satisfied with wooden sticks and if it would be up to them, silverware would never be invented… Sorry ladies, I was thinking this is technical forum with some real technical inventive dudes and all I see is bunch of dipsticks repeating each other!!

Ddays

Hooked
:cheesy: You're funny. All I see is someone who's too goddam stupid to heed advice he asked for and received from the very people that have installed these carriers themselves.
Seems you're asking for a technical type answer where none is needed.

Who's the dipstick?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I guess some folks are just satisfied with wooden sticks and if it would be up to them, silverware would never be invented… Sorry ladies, I was thinking this is technical forum with some real technical inventive dudes and all I see is bunch of dipsticks repeating each other!!

I think you just need to put in some bolts just like the hinge side....no more rattle.

I mean even when someone who works at the shop who makes these and installs them, tells you what to do....you dont listen and believe it.

Exodus 4x4

You should call EVO and tell them their tire carrier rattles too much and ask them how to fix it since you won't take anyone's advice here.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

It's a simple fix really. First remove it all and give it to somebody else. It's too complicated for you obviously. Second, sell the jeep and buy an FJ cruiser. You sound more like that type.

The dipsticks keep repeating each other cause your too dumb to see that your question has been answered. You want a technical answer, take the jeep to EVO and let them handle it.

Top Bottom