EVO Tire Carrier Rotopax Gas Can Mount Solution

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few more pics that I just took from different angles and without harsh lighting...

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

MTG

Caught the Bug
Looks good. Not as harsh. ;)

Ever a need for more than 4 gallons? If so, I see they make a mounting bracket extension. Would carrying two rotopax be an issue with they way you mounted it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good. Not as harsh. ;)

Ever a need for more than 4 gallons? If so, I see they make a mounting bracket extension. Would carrying two rotopax be an issue with they way you mounted it?

Actually, I've thought about it but more for carrying one water and one fuel. I've never really needed fuel on the trail before and I think that 4 gals will be plenty for the kind of "overlanding" we do ;)

Moho

emergency backboard

Been trying to figure out how to carry a Rotopax gas cans on our EVO Tire Carrier for a while now and, I think I finally came up with a solution that I like. :yup:

main.php

Here's a shot of how I installed the mount...

main.php

It may not be for everyone but, I like it :)

The thing I like about it is it looks as though it could double as an emergency backboard if needed in a pinch. I wouldnt use a fuel can but I would a water can.

familytime2

Nice job Eddie:thumb:The great thing about Rotopax is that you can stack them,with an extension Eddie can add a water can to his set-up

Tumbleweed

I have a couple of the Expedition One fuel packs along with a water pack.
Here's what I've been thinking of doing. Bend a piece of flat metal stock, 1/8" x 5"-6", over the top of the spare tire. Make 2 trays for the packs to sit on. Make a mount similar to Eddie's in the middle. Secure it tight underneath the tire.
It would look something like this.
IMG_7734.jpg

IMG_7735.jpg

I've seen Expedition One's mounts and I don't like them. Of course neither Kolpin or Rotopax mounts will fit in the slots of the Expidition One fuel pack!!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, I've been getting a lot of requests for this and, if you were one of the many who've been wanting to see what this looks like with the Rotopax mounted sideways, here ya go....

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6440.jpg

IMG_6442.jpg

As you'll notice, I relocated the license plate to a location that I had been thinking about for a while now and that's just above the trailer hitch. To do it, I made a bracket out of some steel and secured it to two of the hitch receiver cross member bolts. Overall, I think I actually like the way everything looks better this way. Certainly, I now have a lot more clearance too. :yup:

Serg5000

ThAts how I was planning to place mine. I have to get some of those tube clamps with the stud so I can mount it though.

ttfhell

Shouldn't hit that. Well most people wouldn't. I'm about a beer away from strapping the damn things to my hood.

jhires

Okay, I've been getting a lot of requests for this and, if you were one of the many who've been wanting to see what this looks like with the Rotopax mounted sideways, here ya go....

As you'll notice, I relocated the license plate to a location that I had been thinking about for a while now and that's just above the trailer hitch. To do it, I made a bracket out of some steel and secured it to two of the hitch receiver cross member bolts. Overall, I think I actually like the way everything looks better this way. Certainly, I now have a lot more clearance too. :yup:

that looks a lot better!

Top Bottom