Exhaust advise.

Devallee

Correct either or. It is loud, I had a friend run it and it didn't bother him at all. FYI A Race Bullet ( in general is only a few dB's below open headers.) A Race Bullet on a 4 door 3.8 pictured below.

Would there be any performance differences between this and your evo system? I have the evo now but I was running with no muffler before on my 3.8 and loved the sound but I felt a slight power loss in the lower rpm range that I don't feel with the evo. I don't mind it being loud (I actually prefer it personally) but I don't want to feel that little seat of the pants power loss I felt running with no muffler.

Would there be any performance differences between this and your evo system? I have the evo now but I was running with no muffler before on my 3.8 and loved the sound but I felt a slight power loss in the lower rpm range that I don't feel with the evo. I don't mind it being loud (I actually prefer it personally) but I don't want to feel that little seat of the pants power loss I felt running with no muffler.

Going this route maybe a little cheaper, but keeping the Evo system may make more sense honestly. Not as much work! Ha! In regards to loosing that low end "grunt" it can happen, but in general we see gains through out the power band.

Also would I pass smog with this? Im getting close to that check unfortunately

Yes the Race Bullet is still a muffler, just loud. :)

Devallee

Going this route maybe a little cheaper, but keeping the Evo system may make more sense honestly. Not as much work! Ha! In regards to loosing that low end "grunt" it can happen, but in general we see gains through out the power band. Yes the Race Bullet is still a muffler, just loud. :)

Well I have a buddy that can weld it on for me and the evo is still bolted on so it won't be much work and not much of a loss seeing that the bullet is only like 50 bucks. And if I like it I can sell my evo and get some money back! I might just give it a try. Thanks for the help!

Nice!! Tthe buddy factor makes it a good deal/investment. :beer:

Well I have a buddy that can weld it on for me and the evo is still bolted on so it won't be much work and not much of a loss seeing that the bullet is only like 50 bucks. And if I like it I can sell my evo and get some money back! I might just give it a try. Thanks for the help!

Go longer. The shorter ones will be louder. For example on ULTRA4 cars they use our Mini Race Bullets (overall about 9") and they are LOUD, but they are often really squeezed for space! :beer:

Ok one last question..what is the difference between the bullets with the longer length vs shorter length? I see a couple with the same in/out diameter but longer overall

Devallee

Go longer. The shorter ones will be louder. For example on ULTRA4 cars they use our Mini Race Bullets (overall about 9") and they are LOUD, but they are often really squeezed for space! :beer:

Ok I'm done asking questions thanks again! :beer:

Sent from my SGH-M919 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sc741

After realizing that my exhaust manifold bolts were stripped and would not tighten up the exhaust at the collector flanges, I replaced all the hardware the exhaust is much quieter! No need to replace the muffler now. I can totally deal with round set up. Thank you for all the help and additional info!

Super Turbo 17692 2.5" I/O. 17.5" overall
Super Turbo 17734 2.5" I/O 18.5" overall

And check these links out. :)

http://www.dynomax.com/accessories/builder-parts-speciality-parts/

This has all our bends and clamps> :)

http://www.dynomax.com/accessories/race-accessories/

(This one you probably don't need to use)

StrizzyChris

I found this video and it reminded me of this thread....my advice is to pick an exhaust that has the second and not the first effect! ;)

Top Bottom