Exhaust systems

Robertcrav

Shopping tip..if you use Chrome as your browser, you can install the Honey app...it will help you find the best prices on Amazon, and tell you about price changes
Honey_app.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I don't see why not, but it was designed to cut down on the drone that the 3.6 produces over the 3.8. The Rock Crawler should be fine on the 3.8. Here is a video of Moby running the Rock Crawler.

Agreed ^^^

If the Rock Crawler sounded as good as this on a 3.6L, I would have stuck with it.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Thanks. I'm currently running the dynomax 39516 and was trying to tell the difference. My buddy and I were talking about upgrading his exhaust and this would be perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Redd107

^^Their shipping is great. This is going out today & I may get it installed in time for the trip to Rausch this weekend.

These are the parts in the cart. I also ordered the short 18" piece of straight pipe to cut the 5" piece needed as well.

View attachment 263483

Couple of pointers from someone who just installed this on a 2017 JKU last month. Hope this saves you some time and frustration:

1. The hanger on the Intermediate pipe will not fit correctly with hanger on frame the way it's setup. If you set it up to fit inside the hanger, the resonator WILL rattle against the frame. I had to cut the hanger off the pipe since the sweet spot pointed the hanger down. Make sure you have enough clearance all the way to thru the tailpipe.

2. If your resonator does not have the relief notches already cut on both ends, you need to use an angle grinder to cut them in. Otherwise, the resonator will keep slipping down from its connections, no matter how tight the clamps are.

3. Remember to remove the plastic sheet around the resonator.

4. Have loads of WD40 for the hangers! This helped a ton.

VeruGE*144 has a build post explaining most of this. That'll definitely help in your install.

Finally, the sound is awesome. I wanted it just to hear what the engine was doing since the stock was too quiet. Fit the bill perfect. No sign of drone yet. If you get at it, it can still b loud. But only when you want it to.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jacalore

Same here. Perfect upgrade. The sound is exactly what I wanted, and no drone at hwy speeds. The OEM muffler is humongous!

Ddays

Hooked
Couple of pointers from someone who just installed this on a 2017 JKU last month. Hope this saves you some time and frustration:

1. The hanger on the Intermediate pipe will not fit correctly with hanger on frame the way it's setup. If you set it up to fit inside the hanger, the resonator WILL rattle against the frame. I had to cut the hanger off the pipe since the sweet spot pointed the hanger down. Make sure you have enough clearance all the way to thru the tailpipe.

2. If your resonator does not have the relief notches already cut on both ends, you need to use an angle grinder to cut them in. Otherwise, the resonator will keep slipping down from its connections, no matter how tight the clamps are.

3. Remember to remove the plastic sheet around the resonator.

4. Have loads of WD40 for the hangers! This helped a ton.

VeruGE*144 has a build post explaining most of this. That'll definitely help in your install.

Finally, the sound is awesome. I wanted it just to hear what the engine was doing since the stock was too quiet. Fit the bill perfect. No sign of drone yet. If you get at it, it can still b loud. But only when you want it to.

Good luck!

Same here. Perfect upgrade. The sound is exactly what I wanted, and no drone at hwy speeds. The OEM muffler is humongous!

Thanks for the tips - appreciate it!

Redd107

Also if you're not welding, it'd be a good idea to have an exhaust sealer like Permatex from Amazon. This will keep the connections leak-free. Cost is like $5.

Andy5160

Hooked
Thanks for post up that list! I know others will be able to benefit from it as well :thumb:

Fortunately, I have a Summit warehouse nearby so I just drive down and pick my stuff up from them. Open 7 days a week and until 9PM too :yup:

Hell yeah I am benefiting from it already !!!!

Jerry you are the best !!!!

You getting extra cigar from me on Friday or Saturday whenever I see you!!!!

Please post some write up when you get it installed so I can follow :)

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Hell yeah I am benefiting from it already !!!!

Jerry you are the best !!!!

You getting extra cigar from me on Friday or Saturday whenever I see you!!!!

Please post some write up when you get it installed so I can follow :)

Thanks Andy - check out this post Aermotor did - he has pics as well: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/43804-My-Dynomax-Quiet-Crawler-Modified-Install

My parts ended up being split between the Nevada and Ohio Summit warehouses so I won't get everything tomorrow. Oh well, it'll give me something to do next week!

Top Bottom