exhaust

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As many others have stated, Dynomax Rock Krawler. Before our LS swap, everyone used to ask us if we had a v8 under the hood and still do with Rubicat.

Landman

I don't know what a 3.8 would sound like with my setup, but on my 13 I cut off the exhaust at the resonator and installed a super 44 with a 3" dump that stops at just before the front axle. It may be loud for some but with all the cats it keeps it mild for me. Sounds very deep and I get a lot of compliments. Only downside is I get a little more fumes than before but nothing I'm too concerned with. Cost me 130 bucks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

I have the dual turbo muffler, but I need something more aggressive sound and a lil louder for my jk 2 door, what do you recommend? ThankZ

You could get the "rockcrawler" system, it will take it up from a 3 to a 5-6 easily.

I have the cat back MBRP system for the 3.6L and i hate it i dont recomend it at all!! on highway it drones so loud at 2400rpm i have to have the radio at like 22 on the volume just to hear it i cant hear my tires at all, it doesnt fit the jeep worth a shit it hits my rear sway bar my rear trac bar under flex my evap skid and rattles! super unhappy with their product but spent hard earned money on it so havent taken it off yet as im not made of money.

The dynomax looks exhastly the same just a can full of packing which scares me away due to drone... i cant stand the drone does the dynomax have drone on the highway doing 115km/h at like 2400rpm?? my wheeling trails are all 3-4 hours from my house so i am always making long trips and listening to the exhasut for that time drives me crazy but on the trail i like a little bark out of it

So there can be drone with our systems EXCEPT the VT system that is drone free, but what you could do to your existing system (if there is room) is run another 2.5" muffler in there to scavenge more of the gases out. You have the space on a 4 door to do that.

I think im just going to try and order your muffler, like $90?? and toss it in instead of the MBRP i watched eddie video on youtube sound clip sounds less raspy then the MBRP system

I have my stock resignator what if i toss that in there? make a difference like your talking about?

cpayne41

Another vote for dynomax. I have the evolution comp setup on my 2010 and love it. Hardly any drone and sounds pretty mean too.

I think im just going to try and order your muffler, like $90?? and toss it in instead of the MBRP i watched eddie video on youtube sound clip sounds less raspy then the MBRP system

I have my stock resignator what if i toss that in there? make a difference like your talking about?

Yeah around that cost, the P/N that many use is the 6" round P/N 17263. If you toss the stock resonator in front and the 6" Ultra Flo Welded behind that a lot of drone should be absorbed.
I would saw this system is more of a roar at start up/idle/and when you get on it. You hear it but I don't think it is too loud. My diesel truck (stock exhaust) is WAY louder than my JK.

bladerunnerJK

So its looking like every one is pointing towards DynoMax I'm liking the rockcrawler style DynoMax help a solider out

Sent from my ME173X using WAYALIFE mobile app

engineman1031

I run the dynomax competition on my 09 rubicon 2dr. It's a great kit easy to install and sounds great. Dumps before the rear axle so a Little bit of drone on the highway but nothing horrible. Cruising down back roads you hardly hear it.

Top Bottom