exhaust

bladerunnerJK

alright guys im in the market for an after market exhaust and i was wondering what you guys are running and how they worked out for you guys any ideas

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
i have the dynomax rock crawler exhaust and love it! sounds amazing at all speeds. no highway drone either. i actually get a backpressure pop a lot of the time as well which i love

Devallee

x2 on the dynomax. Only thing I can find to complain about is it sticks about an inch or so below the frame rail which bugs me a little but other than that I love it. I know mangaflow has a rock crawler design as well that I think is a little smaller than the dynomax circumference wise but I haven't had any experience with that one but it is an option I've been considering if that inch or so starts to bug me more

pastorwug

i have the dynomax rock crawler exhaust and love it! sounds amazing at all speeds. no highway drone either. i actually get a backpressure pop a lot of the time as well which i love

Same here as well, good product and easy enough install, though I had mine welded on by a muffler guy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tcdawg

Dynomax...
If I wanted to tuck this muffler up closer to the tub, could it be wrapped with header wrap to keep the heat off the tub?

I have the wider Dynomax muffler now in the relocated position under the rear seats of my 4 door but have bashed it a few times and need to replace it from the sound of it. Looking to get something smaller and tucked up more.

rbcsci

I had the Gibson Dual Tip dealy for about 5000 miles...DON'T DO IT! The drone was horrible and there was this resonant frequency...rolling down hill in 1st or 2nd gear under engine braking...or slowing to a stop in gear...at just about 2200 RPM...where the noise would get inside your head and you'd swear you were going to black out. It's like the Japanese cartoon that causes Homer Simpson to have seizures. The children would scream out in anguish from the back seats...the wife would be yelling for me to push in the clutch...just brutal. Worst modification I've ever made to a Jeep in my entire life...and I've made a lot of poorly executed modifications.

Nhfd01

I have a 2013 JKU sport added Dynomax cat-back exhaust with the ultra flow muffler #dyn39517, love it!!!

Serg5000

When I first purchased my jeep I was told Banks was the way to go so I purchased one. I soon was bummed because I wished I had gotten the DynoMax so I can tuck it under driver. Yesterday I figured what the heck and took my Banks out and relocated it. Came out pretty good.
e4yma8a2.jpg

Dynomax...
If I wanted to tuck this muffler up closer to the tub, could it be wrapped with header wrap to keep the heat off the tub?

I have the wider Dynomax muffler now in the relocated position under the rear seats of my 4 door but have bashed it a few times and need to replace it from the sound of it. Looking to get something smaller and tucked up more.

Yes this should be an OK option. Just keep an eye on it. I know that the way it hangs no there is room to move it up.
In the location we have it, minimal heat transfer on my 6 hour drive to Moab.
Minimal drone too, I can hear it, but I hear the tires, and I just turn up The Highway and it's all good. ;)

PS I also go real fast

Serge clean install too!

OK this made me laugh, as we have all been there... :beer:

I had the Gibson Dual Tip dealy for about 5000 miles...DON'T DO IT! The drone was horrible and there was this resonant frequency...rolling down hill in 1st or 2nd gear under engine braking...or slowing to a stop in gear...at just about 2200 RPM...where the noise would get inside your head and you'd swear you were going to black out. It's like the Japanese cartoon that causes Homer Simpson to have seizures. The children would scream out in anguish from the back seats...the wife would be yelling for me to push in the clutch...just brutal. Worst modification I've ever made to a Jeep in my entire life...and I've made a lot of poorly executed modifications.

Napalm90

I'm running the dynomax comp evolution. The on that dumps pre axle and I love it. It's got a nice sound and sometime I don't even notice it. Also it's reality let cheap, bought mine on amazon for I think 160-180 somewhere in that range

Sent via carrier pigeon

I have the cat back MBRP system for the 3.6L and i hate it i dont recomend it at all!! on highway it drones so loud at 2400rpm i have to have the radio at like 22 on the volume just to hear it i cant hear my tires at all, it doesnt fit the jeep worth a shit it hits my rear sway bar my rear trac bar under flex my evap skid and rattles! super unhappy with their product but spent hard earned money on it so havent taken it off yet as im not made of money.

The dynomax looks exhastly the same just a can full of packing which scares me away due to drone... i cant stand the drone does the dynomax have drone on the highway doing 115km/h at like 2400rpm?? my wheeling trails are all 3-4 hours from my house so i am always making long trips and listening to the exhasut for that time drives me crazy but on the trail i like a little bark out of it

Top Bottom