Expensive bumpers worth it?

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Not heard anything bad about that company, but like you said smaller company not as well known. The PSC bumper I can tell you that it looks great on my jk and it is well built. I have the brawler lite front and brawler II rear. Only problem I have with the rear is it is not designed to mount a 35 inch tire to the stock tire carrier so I had to get a spare tire relocation bracket to raise it up a little bit.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Poison spyder is top notch without a doubt. I have their brawler rockers and I love them. I really wanted their front bumper also but after seeing the fmf front bumper, I think I am in love [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
That Full Metal Fabworks is a good looking bumper too. Any more opinions on them?

I didn't suggest it originally since you didn't have it on your list, but that's what I'm running. I think a while ago I posted that I had to remove the winch in order to get the grill on & off, but I must have been off my meds or something when I went through that ordeal last year. I just replaced my rad a couple months ago and I did NOT have to take the winch off. The PS bumper is nice too but I like the fact that the winch is recessed on the FMF. It sits lower than in the PS. I've come down on this bumper several times with the full weight of the Jeep and its help up perfectly. Welds are a work of art. This guy knows how to stack dimes. I like it because I don't see many out there either. I don't think you'd be disappointed at al with this one.

1c.jpg

rad 2.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I didn't suggest it originally since you didn't have it on your list, but that's what I'm running. I think a while ago I posted that I had to remove the winch in order to get the grill on & off, but I must have been off my meds or something when I went through that ordeal last year. I just replaced my rad a couple months ago and I did NOT have to take the winch off. The PS bumper is nice too but I like the fact that the winch is recessed on the FMF. It sits lower than in the PS. I've come down on this bumper several times with the full weight of the Jeep and its help up perfectly. Welds are a work of art. This guy knows how to stack dimes. I like it because I don't see many out there either. I don't think you'd be disappointed at al with this one.

View attachment 259590

View attachment 259591

You are my hero man, thanks for sharing the insights on this bumper.....
IMG_4611.JPG

robx251

Caught the Bug
IMG_0116.JPG
FB_IMG_1462665061910.jpg

I know that rough country gets a lot of crap but I really miss that bumper from my old jk. They are relatively inexpensive too.. I can say that I have winched a 2500 Chevy Sideways with my winch in the mud. I regret not getting another one for my new jeep.

Sent from my LG-M210 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Rubicon310

allot of people like the CC brand. The owner of CC was originally the owner of Poison Spyder. I have seen a few of their products and they look well made and hold up very nicely to abuse.

I'm not sure if he was the owner of poison spyder. I've met him personally and he told me he was a designer/ fabricator for PSC.

I run the bumper you are looking at. I love it. The only complaint I have is that it actually sticks out further towards the wheels than what they show on their picture.

If you look at granite crystal build, you'll see I posted pictures of this a couple months ago.

Robertcrav

Agree Shad (Crawler Conceptz) didn't own PS... a lot of their designs are very similar, except PS doesn't recess the winch in any of their bumpers. My brother runs CC front and rear and is very happy with them, they are stout Screenshot_20170521-102804.jpg Screenshot_20170521-102824.jpg Screenshot_20170521-102845.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Draconianwinter

I'm not sure if he was the owner of poison spyder. I've met him personally and he told me he was a designer/ fabricator for PSC.

I run the bumper you are looking at. I love it. The only complaint I have is that it actually sticks out further towards the wheels than what they show on their picture.

If you look at granite crystal build, you'll see I posted pictures of this a couple months ago.

Agree Shad (Crawler Conceptz) didn't own PS... a lot of their designs are very similar, except PS doesn't recess the winch in any of their bumpers. My brother runs CC front and rear and is very happy with them, they are stout View attachment 259780 View attachment 259781 View attachment 259782

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Ok thanks for that info. I was told he owned PSC at one point. So I do apologize for that misinformation. But yeah they do seem to have great quality there to be sure.

Draconianwinter

Does the LoD one cover the area presently covered by the plastic "skid"? I assume that is protectoin for the rubi disco and some sort of vacuum thing in newer ones (really dont know) but if the LoD one does replace that plastic thing, it seems that is the best all around of the three. At least that is how I would be thinking of it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app
That plastic part doesn't protect anything. It is an air dam that deflects the air towards the ground giving you a little wind resistance. I think the lod does have a skid plate to protect the Rubicon sway bar disco, but not sure 100% on that. I do know the PSC does have an optional skid plate for their front brawler bumpers to protect that motor as I have it on mine

Havoc40

That plastic part doesn't protect anything. It is an air dam that deflects the air towards the ground giving you a little wind resistance. I think the lod does have a skid plate to protect the Rubicon sway bar disco, but not sure 100% on that. I do know the PSC does have an optional skid plate for their front brawler bumpers to protect that motor as I have it on mine

The skid plates are optional from both PSC and LoD. I ran the PSC Brawler Lite before switching to an LoD Destroyer. It really comes down to personal preference when you buy a bumper from any of the well known sources.

Here's my new LoD
20170416_202859-1.jpg

Pursesnatcher

The skid plates are optional from both PSC and LoD. I ran the PSC Brawler Lite before switching to an LoD Destroyer. It really comes down to personal preference when you buy a bumper from any of the well known sources.

Here's my new LoD
View attachment 259949

Love the rings on your wheels

Agreed! Are they color matched?!

Also - I feel like this is the first time I've seen the new LoD series on a rig, powder coated and all. Looks great!

Havoc40

Love the rings on your wheels

Thank you!

Agreed! Are they color matched?!

Also - I feel like this is the first time I've seen the new LoD series on a rig, powder coated and all. Looks great!

They're just rattle canned with duplicolor wheel paint. Forget the exact color, but some sort of "gunmetal". Then sprayed them with their matte clear.

Thanks, I do love these new bumpers. Mine is actually sprayed with Line-X.

20170405_235332.jpg

Top Bottom