Expensive stereo system upgrade?

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
I don't THINK its a "Hard top connector". Everything on mine functions the same with or without the top.

For the OP, I don't think an aftermarket system is worth it. I very much believe in "buy once, cry once", but quite honestly the system sounds like dogshit when the top is off. In order to have it sound decent with the top off, you'd have to have a relatively serious system that would occupy all the trunk space. Then you'd have a great sounding system and you'd be cruising around like an utter douchebag with loud music blaring like a pant-sagging hipster in high-school. I added the kickers, added some polyfill and called it done. I have considered adding the kicker aftermarket amp upgrade that goes in the dash, but haven't gotten around to it. It is noticeably better for the guys running the 430 and 720 systems. I think the speakers sound worse for those running the base factory systems.

srosario

Im not getting offended, but
Why the stereotypes,
Listen, if you want something to sound nice while the top is off, the more money u spend the better is gonna sound.
I do have a loud system and still
Manage not to sag my pants, and I am not in high school.

Some college (prob like 10 credits, lol)
30 year old
8 years law enforcement
War vet (11 Bravo)
2 kids
11 years married
Do I enjoy music yes
Do I blast music to wake my neighbors, NO. Most of the times don't pass volume 8.
But it's crystal clear music at volume 8, if I take my top down I may go up to volume 15 and it's still clear. And if I'm with some friends at the lake riding jet skies, it's ON. VOLUME 30 and still clear.
Max volume is 40.

What ever floats your boat.

It's all what you wanna spend, knowing you couldn't spend more on the system your gonna be happy with what you get.

Smokes, I want 3 Rigid led bars, can I afford it, not right now. So am I happy with the made in China used one I have. HELL YES

Last edited:

utiadam

LOSER
Thanks for the links Dave. Both sides of the spectrum. Utiadam build is ridiculously cool. I wonder how that sounds? Way more money than I wanted to invest but I bet the sound is amazing! I'm hoping one wouldn't have to Dynamat the whole rig to get good sound out of that system though?

Thanks! Lol, I was just going through some threads and came across this one. I for one think it's worth it. My jeep sees about 95% highway so the stereo was a higher priority for me than a lift and tires. Now that the stereo is done I'll be putting on the evo bolt on coilovers by early next month. Still need to save for slabs and 37s though.

jeeeep

Hooked
I like my audio to sound great at lower levels and not have to turn it up loud to hear it.

Is it worth it for me when I'm cruising with the top off to be able to hear my audio? sure is!

I'd rather have clear sound at lower volume than have to turn it up and make crap sound like loud crap.

As for the bypass, I don't know what models it affects but it was an issue on mine until I got a better system installed.

srosario

I like my audio to sound great at lower levels and not have to turn it up loud to hear it.

Is it worth it for me when I'm cruising with the top off to be able to hear my audio? sure is!

I'd rather have clear sound at lower volume than have to turn it up and make crap sound like loud crap.

As for the bypass, I don't know what models it affects but it was an issue on mine until I got a better system installed.

I feel the same.

Last edited:
Top Bottom