Experinces with Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's

That can happen to any tire out there

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m not a tire expert. But I’ve seen blowouts. Ive seen pops, cuts, shreds, eggs, beads popped off, this doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen personally, this looks like a huge manufacturing defect to me. If you have more information on it Dale please share and enlighten us.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
I’m not a tire expert. But I’ve seen blowouts. Ive seen pops, cuts, shreds, eggs, beads popped off, this doesn’t look like anything I’ve seen personally, this looks like a huge manufacturing defect to me. If you have more information on it Dale please share and enlighten us.

There's a shitload of pics out there. Google tread seperation or some variation of it. It happens

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Update discount is going to help me out.

Cooper will not because it is an Off-road tire and they don’t warranty it. They will claim it is off-road related (discount tire telling me this). Tires have actually only 14k on them.

I’m going to try and call Coopers customer service in a little they are at lunch right now. I will update after I get off the phone with them.

Ddays

Hooked
Update discount is going to help me out.

Cooper will not because it is an Off-road tire and they don’t warranty it. They will claim it is off-road related (discount tire telling me this). Tires have actually only 14k on them.

I’m going to try and call Coopers customer service in a little they are at lunch right now. I will update after I get off the phone with them.

Yeah, you need to talk directly to the rep. I had an out of round tire and the rep happened to be at the station where I buy all of my tires when I was there. The cust service folks can hide behind the phone but seeing the rep face to face puts him on the spot to do something.

Dale72

Hooked

I have seen it on several times. It could be just a bad batch of rubber. Most of the raw rubber comes from overseas

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
Well Cooper not going to help pretty much I found out we’re Overlander JK 2nd job is 🤣🤣told me to deal with the place I bought the tires.

Tell you what I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone and will never buy a Cooper tire again.

Ddays

Hooked
Well Cooper not going to help pretty much I found out we’re Overlander JK 2nd job is ����told me to deal with the place I bought the tires.

Tell you what I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone and will never buy a Cooper tire again.

That's no different than companies telling you to take back a defective product to where you bought it - there's a system in place to deal with issues like this. The Discount Tire branch should contact their local rep and he can take it from there.

benatc1

Hooked
That's no different than companies telling you to take back a defective product to where you bought it - there's a system in place to deal with issues like this. The Discount Tire branch should contact their local rep and he can take it from there.
^^ this, most places have warranty stuff like this all set up between their manufacturers and distributors so not everyone has to deal with day to day issues, being that discount sold the tire and made money off of it, they get to deal with it and get cooper to help them out. Now if discount wasn't willing to help you then you would normally escalate to cooper and see what happens.

Having said that OP, you certainly feel wronged by this issue, and I don't blame you, but it certainly Doesn't make it feel any better when your mad at the company who manufactures the tire and they aren't ensuring you that it will be taken care of.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Well Cooper not going to help pretty much I found out we’re Overlander JK 2nd job is 🤣🤣told me to deal with the place I bought the tires.

It's a defective tire. The place you got the tires should definitely take care of it. If not, Cooper should.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
It's a defective tire. The place you got the tires should definitely take care of it. If not, Cooper should.

The place I purchased said they will get me a new tire for $200. But you can tell they do t want to deal with Cooper by stating what I mentioned earlier of being used for off-road. Lesson learned for me. Guess it pays to know people and I don’t.[emoji736]

Ddays

Hooked
The place I purchased said they will get me a new tire for $200. But you can tell they do t want to deal with Cooper by stating what I mentioned earlier of being used for off-road. Lesson learned for me. Guess it pays to know people and I don’t.[emoji736]

This needs escalated with Discount Tire then - I'd post up in their vendor thread or demand to talk with their District manager. That's nonsense.

WJCO

Meme King

If you got them at Discount, I would definitely reach out to them here on the forum.

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
If you got them at Discount, I would definitely reach out to them here on the forum.

It’s actually America’s Tire but from what i understand it’s the same company. Do you think they could help.

Last edited:
Top Bottom