Exploration of the Nightingale Mountains

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you guys like the photos and trip report! :yup:

A lesson in history and rock formations, as well as a trip write up! It feels like it's my birthday! :yup: Amazing, thank you for sharing and happy belated birthday Cindy. :)

LOL!! I don't always know if people just want to see pics of Jeeps or if they might actually enjoy reading some of the things I write. I'm glad to know that you enjoy both :cool:

Amazing photos and info. What camera set up do you use???

Most of the photos were taken with an iPhone 6s. The rest were taken with an old Sony camera.

:eek: A better husband would have a done a Happy Birthday thread. ;):cheesy:

Happy belated birthday Cindy. :birthday: :celebrate: Looks like you had an amazing day. Thanks for sharing your adventure with the rest of us.

LOL!! Hey man, I just did what she wanted and fortunately, getting out into the middle of nowhere was more important to her than me posting up on the internet :crazyeyes:

CarsonCindy

Administrator
Staff member
A lesson in history and rock formations, as well as a trip write up! It feels like it's my birthday! :yup: Amazing, thank you for sharing and happy belated birthday Cindy. :)

:eek: A better husband would have a done a Happy Birthday thread. ;):cheesy:

Happy belated birthday Cindy. :birthday: :celebrate: Looks like you had an amazing day. Thanks for sharing your adventure with the rest of us.

Looks like fun day! Happy birthday Cindy [emoji482]

Awesome sights. Happy birthday.

Looks awesome. I would love to explore that side of the country. And a big Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday :celebrate::celebrate: Every single picture looks amazing. What a beautiful trip!

Happy birthday Cindy

Thanks for sharing, looks like an awesome day to spend with your other half. Happy Bday Cindy[emoji512]

Happy Bday Cindy! Great pics and story as always.

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes! :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Truly amazing. Thank you. Living on the east coast I don't know much about trips like this, or the fact that this kind of stuff is even out there. Love reading and seeing your adventures.

I'm glad to know that can share some of the cool things there are to see out in this part of the country with guys like you :cool:

Sweet pics. Everyone need to get together this summer do a trail camp trip. Jeep is looking killer

That would be cool :yup:

Happy Birthday! Thanks for sharing. We hope to make a trip out west this year...the story and pics fuel that fire.

Awesome! I'm sure you'll enjoy it out this way.

Way cool. You guys need to move to Lightroom. As nice as your shots are with good light, framing etc, LR shadows slider could open up the darks/shadows. A good example is the underneath of Dozer. As nice as you keep it you could open up the black hole as if you had a light box underneath. Here's an example of shadows. The falcon that blasted a dove out of the sky and landed in the back yard was a black hole straight from the camera. Exposure slider would have blown out the snow. Shadows turned a throw away into something pretty cool.

Anyhow, keep it coming.

:cheesy: LOL!! Are you the same guy that posted up a TJ photo and was telling us the same thing? Look, in spite of what you may think, we are well aware of Lightroom and know that it's a great tool that can do great things but believe it or not, we actually like our photos looking the way they do. Clearly, we're total amateurs when it comes to photography but sometimes, contrast isn't such a terrible thing or at least not for us anyway. Of course, there's only so much you can do with an iPhone and using a program like Lightroom isn't one of them. Thanks for the tip though - you really don't need to remind us again - really.

Looks like a fun trip. School bus canyon no less. #noinvite :grayno:

LOL!! #don'ttakeitsopersonally. You'll forgive me but even if you could have taken a Monday off at a moments notice, this was something Cindy wanted to do to celebrate her birthday. Nothing personal but inviting you or anyone else for that matter wasn't exactly one of her requests. :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks everyone, I'm glad you guys like the photos and trip report!

LOL!! Hey man, I just did what she wanted and fortunately, getting out into the middle of nowhere was more important to her than me posting up on the internet :crazyeyes:

Hogwash. Nothing is more important than the Internet. [emoji23][emoji23]

Since I just wrote it, it must be true. Ha ha. Just a little hazing between friends. [emoji106] Honestly, it's really cool you keep finding/sharing these cool areas. And even better you and Cindy can explore together. [emoji41]

naysjp

Caught the Bug
I have heard where tufas like this are sometimes referred to as "chrysanthemum" as the reef like deposits form clusters of "pillows" or "pendant" like shapes.
main.php

My favorite! There is the base of the Solana Beach sign that has the heads of the first City council carved into it that remind me of this picture. Great texture. I'm all about texture.

MTG

Caught the Bug
LOL!! #don'ttakeitsopersonally. You'll forgive me but even if you could have taken a Monday off at a moments notice, this was something Cindy wanted to do to celebrate her birthday. Nothing personal but inviting you or anyone else for that matter wasn't exactly one of her requests. :crazyeyes:

:cheesy: #ican'tseemtogetaweekendofflatelywithoutanexecutiveorder

Happy late birthday Cindy!

DMF

Please don't ever stop writing about the places you visit and things you see. It makes your thread that much more enjoyable to go through. :thumb:

TLC Offroad

:birthday: Cindy

This is why I moved to the Great State of NV 38 years ago, Wide Open Spaces. I just Love this state there is so much more then Desert out there to look at. Keep your travels coming love seeing NV from your camera lens.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
No better way to celbrate a Birthday

Those are fantastic pics. And, such incredible views.

Happy Birthday Cindy :crazyeyes::yup:

WJCO

Meme King
Great shots. Happy Birthday Cindy.

Way cool. You guys need to move to Lightroom. As nice as your shots are with good light, framing etc, LR shadows slider could open up the darks/shadows. A good example is the underneath of Dozer. As nice as you keep it you could open up the black hole as if you had a light box underneath. Here's an example of shadows. The falcon that blasted a dove out of the sky and landed in the back yard was a black hole straight from the camera. Exposure slider would have blown out the snow.

Dude, drop the "Lightroom."

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Way cool. You guys need to move to Lightroom. As nice as your shots are with good light, framing etc, LR shadows slider could open up the darks/shadows. A good example is the underneath of Dozer. As nice as you keep it you could open up the black hole as if you had a light box underneath. Here's an example of shadows. The falcon that blasted a dove out of the sky and landed in the back yard was a black hole straight from the camera. Exposure slider would have blown out the snow. Shadows turned a throw away into something pretty cool.

Anyhow, keep it coming.

If they wanted photography tips they would ask. If you feel the need to comment every time they post with your Lightroom bullshit, kindly fuck off.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hogwash. Nothing is more important than the Internet. [emoji23][emoji23]

Since I just wrote it, it must be true. Ha ha. Just a little hazing between friends. [emoji106] Honestly, it's really cool you keep finding/sharing these cool areas. And even better you and Cindy can explore together. [emoji41]

LOL!! I know it and it's all good. I'm just lucky in that it was the truth :yup:

:cheesy: #ican'tseemtogetaweekendofflatelywithoutanexecutiveorder

Happy late birthday Cindy!

It's tough when you have little ones still around. We're long done with that so we have more time on our hands. :crazyeyes:

Please don't ever stop writing about the places you visit and things you see. It makes your thread that much more enjoyable to go through. :thumb:

LOL!! Glad to know you like the tid-bits that I put out there along with our photos. :D

:birthday: Cindy

This is why I moved to the Great State of NV 38 years ago, Wide Open Spaces. I just Love this state there is so much more then Desert out there to look at. Keep your travels coming love seeing NV from your camera lens.

Yup, us too and couldn't be happier.

Sudz

You know you've got a keeper when you ask your wife what she wants to do for her birthday and her response is to get in our Jeep and head out into the desert!
You got that right! Unfortunately my wife wants no part of 'wheelin' or 'offroad adventures'.

Happy Birthday, Cindy. That's an excellent way to enjoy your birthday. Killer photos as usual.

Are those trails mapped or do you just drive along and plot breadcrumbs on the GPS?

Top Bottom