F-Cracker the Gladiator build

AZVAJKU

Hooked
I finally got a chance to install the front bumper. The instructions are not yet available on the EVO MFG site, however they were nice enough to send me some pictures which were very helpful.

The install was not hard, however there are some tricks in the order of installation that can make it easier.

The hardest parts were taking apart the factory bumper to salvage the driving lights and harness, dropping the winch into the tight space without crushing your fingers, and threading the winch line through the drum. In order to get the synthetic winch line to pull through the drum easier I used a bar of soap to lube the line up a bit. Everything slides in easier when lubed. (That’s what she said)

Factory bumper held together by about 50 screws
1645462247423.jpeg

Factory driving light harness and lights.
1645462333669.jpeg

1645462379222.jpeg

Adapter for the winch plate
1645462625237.jpeg

1645462656743.jpeg

The winch plate is well anchored
1645462704856.jpeg

Don’t tighten the tow hooks on until after the winch is dropped in. 😏
1645462440445.jpeg

The finished product
1645462755231.jpeg

It’s a tight fit!!
1645462875311.jpeg

Brute

Hooked
I finally got a chance to coat the EVO Alumilite bumpers using ‘Steel-It’.
View attachment 372215

View attachment 372216

View attachment 372217

Next weekend I’ll begin the installation starting with the front bumper.
Didn’t realize steel-it had a black option. That’s nice.
The last time I looked at this product (I think at an EJS a few years back) it wasn't available in black...apparently it is now. How was the application as far as coverage, runs etc?...I think it looks great...

AZVAJKU

Hooked
The last time I looked at this product (I think at an EJS a few years back) it wasn't available in black...apparently it is now. How was the application as far as coverage, runs etc?...I think it looks great...
I painted it with ‘Steel It’. It went on like spray paint. It’s not as durable as anodizing, however it’s cheaper and I can touch it up as needed.

Brute

Hooked
I painted it with ‘Steel It’. It went on like spray paint. It’s not as durable as anodizing, however it’s cheaper and I can touch it up as needed.
Yes, I've seen the product at a show or something...it looks very durable...and at the time, it only came in gray. I'm going to pick up a couple cans and give it a try...

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Since my JK is at MOTECH, I am at EJS with F-Cracker the Gladiator. With the exception of 35-inch Nitto Trail Grapplers and a EVO front bumper/Warn winch I’m running stock. 35’s are nothing to sneeze at but on a Gladiator it’s like having 33’s! I’d be lying if I said I haven’t scraped some undercarriage. (Don’t tell the wife) Luckily I signed up for easy trails 🤣

It’s amazing how spoiled I have become driving my ‘big’ Jeep and now even on easy trails I actually need to pick lines and concentrate on what I’m doing. Plus if I tear up my wife’s Gladiator she’ll poison my food. 🤣

The ride out from VA was very comfortable and I averaged 23-25 MPG at 75-80 MPH.

Good times, I’m really happy to be here.

1649548741551.jpeg

1649549042885.jpeg

1649549708262.jpeg

Dale72

Hooked
Since my JK is at MOTECH, I am at EJS with F-Cracker the Gladiator. With the exception of 35-inch Nitto Trail Grapplers and a EVO front bumper/Warn winch I’m running stock. 35’s are nothing to sneeze at but on a Gladiator it’s like having 33’s! I’d be lying if I said I haven’t scraped some undercarriage. (Don’t tell the wife) Luckily I signed up for easy trails 🤣

It’s amazing how spoiled I have become driving my ‘big’ Jeep and now even on easy trails I actually need to pick lines and concentrate on what I’m doing. Plus if I tear up my wife’s Gladiator she’ll poison my food. 🤣

The ride out from VA was very comfortable and I averaged 23-25 MPG at 75-80 MPH.

View attachment 374101

View attachment 374102

View attachment 374103
Don't let her crawl underneath it when you get back home. LOL 😆

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

View attachment 374101

View attachment 374102

View attachment 374103
Lookin good out there! So wish we could have made it out and joined you.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Yesterday we had the 35-inch Nitto Trail Grapplers installed. It does not look much different than stock and drives exactly as it did before. I think the Gladiator should come with 35’s from the factory. The spare easily fits back underneath.

Also, thanks out to Discount Tire of Fredericksburg Virginia. It took less than an hour.

View attachment 371681
Are these 35-12.5s or 315s? I thought Discount Tire wouldn't install 12.50s on a factory rims due to rim width. If they are doing it now, that would be great, I have 0 money for wheels right now.

Lperdue

Are these 35-12.5s or 315s? I thought Discount Tire wouldn't install 12.50s on a factory rims due to rim width. If they are doing it now, that would be great, I have 0 money for wheels right now.
I’ve had multiple sets of 37x12.50 STT pros installed on the stock wheels at discount tire.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
The tires are 35x12.50R17.

I purchased them from Discount Tire online and had them installed by my local Discount Tire.

My recommendation is to stop by your local Discount Tire and talk to the manager, tell him what you want to do and go from there.

Top Bottom