Fanatic's Super slow Build thread.

OllllO Fanatic

Got my winch installed, and had some fun at Carolina Beach
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765559.501650.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765575.068031.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765538.018022.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765600.502074.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765639.668201.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765654.984295.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765677.601348.jpg
Have to wire in the front driving lights and the rear bumper lights.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765508.127902.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765508.127902.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 198
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765519.867450.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398765519.867450.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 198

OllllO Fanatic

Nice wrangler. How close does the read powder coating match the Rock Lobster?

Thank you, the red is actually very close. When I picked the color it was the last red the powder coat company had in stock. It is slightly darker, and doesn't shine quite the same in the sun. Doesn't have that orange ish tint in the sun. But I think its a nice compliment to the rock lobster.

Last edited:

OllllO Fanatic

Well as of now thinking I may put coil overs on hold indefinitely or at least for quite some time. I think I'm going to get the 3" Enforcer lift with 35's for the time being. Then slowly works way bigger.

OllllO Fanatic

As seen by the last post and the 2 pictures I purchased EVO rock rails, powder coated, and installed. I brought them to Low Range 4x4 in Wilmington NC as they are an authorized EVO dealership. While I was there I was talking about wanting to get EVO bolt on's, but having 2 Wranglers (mine and my wife's), it was probably not going to happen. After a great deal of conversation, a few days, and bugging the crap out of Drew at EVO, coil overs will happen, and soon. Thank you to all of the people I bothered at EVO, and thanks to Low Range 4x4, who told me if I bought the bolt on coil overs and had them in stall it, plus wheels, tires, etc. and paid for my wife's wheels and tires, they would buy a BB lift, install it mount, balance, and align the wife's Jeep for free. That is what I call WINNING! Down payment made, ATX chambers purchased. I almost forgot, thank you to my wife for being awesome!!!!

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
As seen by the last post and the 2 pictures I purchased EVO rock rails, powder coated, and installed. I brought them to Low Range 4x4 in Wilmington NC as they are an authorized EVO dealership. While I was there I was talking about wanting to get EVO bolt on's, but having 2 Wranglers (mine and my wife's), it was probably not going to happen. After a great deal of conversation, a few days, and bugging the crap out of Drew at EVO, coil overs will happen, and soon. Thank you to all of the people I bothered at EVO, and thanks to Low Range 4x4, who told me if I bought the bolt on coil overs and had them in stall it, plus wheels, tires, etc. and paid for my wife's wheels and tires, they would buy a BB lift, install it mount, balance, and align the wife's Jeep for free. That is what I call WINNING! I almost forgot, thank you to my wife for being awesome!!!!

That's awesome! Looking forward to hearing how the bolt-on's work on the 2dr.

Sent from the Wayalife mobile app

hbkid22

This is looking good and coming along nicely....Liking the 2 dr!!!!

Let me know what you think of the bolt-on coilovers as I am debating those down the road......Also, do they make a different load setting set up on the coilovers for the 2 dr versus 4 dr or do the coilovers come as they are not matter if its a 2dr or 4dr?

OllllO Fanatic

This is looking good and coming along nicely....Liking the 2 dr!!!!

Let me know what you think of the bolt-on coilovers as I am debating those down the road......Also, do they make a different load setting set up on the coilovers for the 2 dr versus 4 dr or do the coilovers come as they are not matter if its a 2dr or 4dr?

Thank you. As soon as everything is installed and I get a test run I will post up my thoughts. Im not sure if there is a different rate or not, you would have to ask the guys at EVO. I called 3 or 4 days in a row and asked a bunch of questions and explained what I wanted, but I never thought of that. Everyone I talked to was knowledgeable and very helpful, so I'm sure they can answer that.

OllllO Fanatic

I forgot to post pictures of the rugged ridge hood latches when I installed them ,but they are pretty awesome. No more hood slap when going by large vehicles on a small road, very very easy to install, and they look good to boot.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
for a super slow build thread this took a hell of a leap forward! congrats and they look awesome so far! cant wait to see it done so i can have an idea what mine will look like when i do the bolt on coilovers

OllllO Fanatic

for a super slow build thread this took a hell of a leap forward! congrats and they look awesome so far! cant wait to see it done so i can have an idea what mine will look like when i do the bolt on coilovers

Thank you, LOL yeah this all wasn't suppose to happen for a while, but I was made an offer I couldn't pass up... So I didn't.

Top Bottom