Fanatic's Super slow Build thread.

OllllO Fanatic

The Jeep is down off the lifts sitting on all four, but it's still missing a few key components... Drive shafts. But here's a couple pictures of how it sits. Will do a little adjusting of ride height after shafts are in.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412428586.351542.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412428599.214766.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412428607.337040.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412428615.900329.jpg

thardy

Banned

OllllO Fanatic

Well a bunch of pictures didn't happen, fun got in the way, but the Jeep drives like a dream short of the small bang I have in the rear when going over larger bumps. Need to do some investigating and figure out why. Out at Fort Fisher NC with the wife a friend and her pooch.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413073886.831359.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413073905.293981.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413073920.901091.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413073886.831359.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413073863.726973.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413073863.726973.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 121

OllllO Fanatic

So after a 2 hour ride, 1 hour on the highway going 60mph, and then some curvy back roads at 60 mph, it drives pretty awesome. The "bang" I was getting on the beach has gone away, but thats because there was a person and a dog in the back. It still makes the "bang" but it has to be a pretty large bump. Also steering is a little loose, but not terrible. Going to have to do some investigating and some adjusting and figure things out.

OllllO Fanatic

Out of curiosity what are must have's for spare parts and tools while wheeling? I have a small list so far, but I want to see if I'm going in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Tools with variety of sockets. I have a 35mm also for the axle nut. Wrenches. I got tire plugs for tire repair. I also carry a moving blanket, bunch of uses with that. Bottle Jack, gloves, little ratchet strap. I'm still working on my kit also. I don't have many spare parts.

hbkid22

Yeah I am slowly working on mine as well. Question to ask is what type of wheeling do you plan to do? If you plan to wheel fairly hard then it will change what you get but a thing I don't see people mentioning that you should have is a torque wrench. It may be common sense to have one but I think that is a must. I will try to put together a list of what I have and am getting together tomorrow and list it for reference.

OllllO Fanatic

Yeah I am slowly working on mine as well. Question to ask is what type of wheeling do you plan to do? If you plan to wheel fairly hard then it will change what you get but a thing I don't see people mentioning that you should have is a torque wrench. It may be common sense to have one but I think that is a must. I will try to put together a list of what I have and am getting together tomorrow and list it for reference.

My Jeep is my daily driver, and I don't have a second vehicle to get to and from work so I can't be too crazy. But I still like to have fun and push the limit a little bit. I have a small list. I don't have a bottle jack as Olram mentioned but I have my HiLift with accessories kit, a full socket set also has screw driver and assorted hex, phillips, and flat bits, a set of box wrenches, gloves, 6" C clamp, 2 smaller ratchet straps, brake fluid, diff oil, engine oil, 2 old military blankets, rubber mallet, and air chuck and hose. I think thats it so far. I want to buy 1/2" drive breaker bar, torque wrench up to 150ish ft/lbs, some larger sockets for axle shafts and drive shafts. As far as parts I was thinking at least front axle shafts, because I'm running the stock Rubi axle with 37's. Am I missing any thing? I feel like I'm missing something.:thinking:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I bring a first aid kit and three days worth of snack bars/water along with my tools and spare parts.

Loading please wait....

OllllO Fanatic

I bring a first aid kit and three days worth of snack bars/water along with my tools and spare parts.

Loading please wait....

Ahhh yes, I have the Rotopax first aid kit. And we normally have lots of food and drinks of all sorts. I love food and drink.

hbkid22

My Jeep is my daily driver, and I don't have a second vehicle to get to and from work so I can't be too crazy. But I still like to have fun and push the limit a little bit. I have a small list. I don't have a bottle jack as Olram mentioned but I have my HiLift with accessories kit, a full socket set also has screw driver and assorted hex, phillips, and flat bits, a set of box wrenches, gloves, 6" C clamp, 2 smaller ratchet straps, brake fluid, diff oil, engine oil, 2 old military blankets, rubber mallet, and air chuck and hose. I think thats it so far. I want to buy 1/2" drive breaker bar, torque wrench up to 150ish ft/lbs, some larger sockets for axle shafts and drive shafts. As far as parts I was thinking at least front axle shafts, because I'm running the stock Rubi axle with 37's. Am I missing any thing? I feel like I'm missing something.:thinking:

That is a good list so far. Two other things too consider. Get a torx set and an extra U-joint.

hbkid22

I do have a torx set a couple even, I forgot about them. When you say U joint, are you talking about the axle or drive or both?

I guess I should ask if you have already upgraded/replaced your axle u-joints? Might not be that critical but I know that those can break/crack.....

Top Bottom